• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

@DarrenDreger: All indications are the Dallas Stars are about to make a GM change. Detroit's Jim Nill expected to be named GM of Stars as early as Mon.

Well that sucks, but I'm very happy for Jim.

#2 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Wow pretty shocked there.. But that leaves the door for Stevie return!

#3 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,355 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Why is Dreger making all these tweets right before the biggest game of the season? I don't give a f*** what Jim Nill is doing until this damn game is over! Go home, Dreger! You're drunk!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#4 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

Dreger next tweet will be Lids returning to NHL to join Penguins next year!!

#5 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

Wow pretty shocked there.. But that leaves the door for Stevie return!

Stevie isn't a good GM, at least not yet.

#6 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,132 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

http://sports.yahoo....-233116463.html

#7 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Why is Dreger making all these tweets right before the biggest game of the season? I don't give a f*** what Jim Nill is doing until this damn game is over! Go home, Dreger! You're drunk!

Lol I know

Ah I don't mind, just bring him back where he belongs.

#8 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

Sign of a good club. Everyone else hiring our guys.

#9 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

As soon as my editor posts my new blog entry, you should check it out.  It is a pretty heated slamming of Ken Holland for going against his word and stringing Nill along.  This is the WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO DETROIT in the past 20 years.  The only thing that would be worse is losing Hakin. Holland is spent and he said he was going to retire post Lidstrom.  Now he can't because the guy who deserved the job a year ago is leaving to Dallas and I am angry and embarrassed.  I have no faith in this organization if they string along Jim and then lose him in favor of Holland who seems too timid and tired.  I really hope this is wrong, and if it is right I hope Holland gets fired before Nill signs in Dallas.  I felt secured in the future of the team until tonight. 

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#10 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

This is the WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO DETROIT in the past 20 years.

Nick Lidstrom

#11 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

As soon as my editor posts my new blog entry, you should check it out.  It is a pretty heated slamming of Ken Holland for going against his word and stringing Nill along.  This is the WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO DETROIT in the past 20 years.  The only thing that would be worse is losing Hakin. Holland is spent and he said he was going to retire post Lidstrom.  Now he can't because the guy who deserved the job a year ago is leaving to Dallas and I am angry and embarrassed.  I have no faith in this organization if they string along Jim and then lose him in favor of Holland who seems too timid and tired.  I really hope this is wrong, and if it is right I hope Holland gets fired before Nill signs in Dallas.  I felt secured in the future of the team until tonight. 

If anyone took what Ken Holland said seriously about retiring when Lidstrom did, you have some serious issues.  Best of luck to Jim Nill. 

#12 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

Never bring Yzerman back as the GM of this team. If he has a bad stint it's going to tarnish his legacy even at the slightest level.

bringit.jpg

#13 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Why the hell would management decide things like this now ... wait till the end of the season!    

#14 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Switch to decaf & take off the tin foil hat.  

From Craig Custance:

"Red Wings GM Ken Holland likes to joke that Lidstrom's retirement press conference will be followed shortly by his own"

From Bob McKenzie:

“DET GM Kenny Holland always used to joke, at least I think he was joking, that he would retire five minutes after Nick Lidstrom retired.”

From Kevin Allen @ US Today:

"GM Ken Holland used to joke that he was going to retire when Lidstrom retired"

And strung along?  The same man who was at the top of pretty much every team's wish list that had an opening the past couple of years, was given opportunities to interview for them, & turned them all down due to the fact he wanted to stay in Michigan as his wife was battling cancer?  The same man that was paid as much as GM's throughout the league & was on record saying that he loved the autonomy that Kenny gave him to do his job?  That's being strung along?  In the immortal words of Sgt. Hulka, "Lighten up, Francis".

Good for Nill.  He's ready to move on to the next step of his career & run his own team and good for the Wings to recognize it's time too, just like they did with Stevie.

Edited by ogreslayer, 27 April 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#15 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

If true, Ty Mr Nill for all your work and years with the Wings, best of luck to you.

#16 shoe

shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

Great for Jim Nill but I think he should have finished out his year here as a guy in charge of scouting and drafting I think he has some paper work to leave behind. Would sure hate to be Joe Nieuwendyk right now that's like skimming through the want adds looking for a lawn mower and seeing your job posted on the next page.

#17 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,635 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

WTH???  Chill out!  Kenny isn't retiring tomorow.

And, Kenny isn't retiring tomorrow.

#18 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,811 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

Never bring Yzerman back as the GM of this team. If he has a bad stint it's going to tarnish his legacy even at the slightest level.

see: Alan Trammell

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#19 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,635 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

They only thing I think would tarnish his image (not legacy) would be if he didn't play in the alumni game during the Winter Classic.

#20 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

They only thing I think would tarnish his image (not legacy) would be if he didn't play in the alumni game during the Winter Classic.

He's physically unable to play hockey.