• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings4Life19

Jim Nill to be named Dallas Stars GM

Rate this topic

Why is Dreger making all these tweets right before the biggest game of the season? I don't give a f*** what Jim Nill is doing until this damn game is over! Go home, Dreger! You're drunk!

Lol I know

Stevie isn't a good GM, at least not yet.

Ah I don't mind, just bring him back where he belongs.

As soon as my editor posts my new blog entry, you should check it out. It is a pretty heated slamming of Ken Holland for going against his word and stringing Nill along. This is the WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO DETROIT in the past 20 years. The only thing that would be worse is losing Hakin. Holland is spent and he said he was going to retire post Lidstrom. Now he can't because the guy who deserved the job a year ago is leaving to Dallas and I am angry and embarrassed. I have no faith in this organization if they string along Jim and then lose him in favor of Holland who seems too timid and tired. I really hope this is wrong, and if it is right I hope Holland gets fired before Nill signs in Dallas. I felt secured in the future of the team until tonight.

Guest Playmaker

As soon as my editor posts my new blog entry, you should check it out. It is a pretty heated slamming of Ken Holland for going against his word and stringing Nill along. This is the WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO DETROIT in the past 20 years. The only thing that would be worse is losing Hakin. Holland is spent and he said he was going to retire post Lidstrom. Now he can't because the guy who deserved the job a year ago is leaving to Dallas and I am angry and embarrassed. I have no faith in this organization if they string along Jim and then lose him in favor of Holland who seems too timid and tired. I really hope this is wrong, and if it is right I hope Holland gets fired before Nill signs in Dallas. I felt secured in the future of the team until tonight.

If anyone took what Ken Holland said seriously about retiring when Lidstrom did, you have some serious issues. Best of luck to Jim Nill.

Guest irishock

Never bring Yzerman back as the GM of this team. If he has a bad stint it's going to tarnish his legacy even at the slightest level.

Switch to decaf & take off the tin foil hat.

From Craig Custance:

"Red Wings GM Ken Holland likes to joke that Lidstrom's retirement press conference will be followed shortly by his own"

From Bob McKenzie:

“DET GM Kenny Holland always used to joke, at least I think he was joking, that he would retire five minutes after Nick Lidstrom retired.”

From Kevin Allen @ US Today:

"GM Ken Holland used to joke that he was going to retire when Lidstrom retired"

And strung along? The same man who was at the top of pretty much every team's wish list that had an opening the past couple of years, was given opportunities to interview for them, & turned them all down due to the fact he wanted to stay in Michigan as his wife was battling cancer? The same man that was paid as much as GM's throughout the league & was on record saying that he loved the autonomy that Kenny gave him to do his job? That's being strung along? In the immortal words of Sgt. Hulka, "Lighten up, Francis".

Good for Nill. He's ready to move on to the next step of his career & run his own team and good for the Wings to recognize it's time too, just like they did with Stevie.

Edited by ogreslayer

Great for Jim Nill but I think he should have finished out his year here as a guy in charge of scouting and drafting I think he has some paper work to leave behind. Would sure hate to be Joe Nieuwendyk right now that's like skimming through the want adds looking for a lawn mower and seeing your job posted on the next page.

WTH??? Chill out! Kenny isn't retiring tomorow.

Stevie isn't a good GM, at least not yet.

And, Kenny isn't retiring tomorrow.

Guest Crymson

They only thing I think would tarnish his image (not legacy) would be if he didn't play in the alumni game during the Winter Classic.

He's physically unable to play hockey.

Did he say that and where did he say that?

I don't think he's outright said it but the speculation is that he hasn't even worn a pair of skates since he hung them up for good & it's largely due to the osteotomy he had done on his knee. I wouldn't be surprised if he's there in some capacity, but I wouldn't count on him being on the ice during the alumni games.