• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings4Life19

Jim Nill to be named Dallas Stars GM

Rate this topic

Fighting is the thing that is SUPPOSED to keep guys like Matt Cooke from hurting other players.

Yawn.

Yeah, he signed Jordin Tootoo because he hates fighting in hockey.

And they outwardly admitted how "uncomfortable" they were in doing so.

esteef

Edited by esteef

Sad to see Nill go. I'd always hoped that Kenny would get promoted to Senior VP and Nill take over the GM role.

Best of luck to Nill. Dallas is a city that wants to have a winning team, so he's got his work cut out for him. If he'd like to send us a Swede, I think Loui Eriksson would be a nice fit here... :sly:

Wouldn't be surprised if Draper takes Nill's spot....have to start somewhere.

I'm betting that Ryan Martin (currently the Wings' Asst' GM of Hockey Operations) will take Nill's spot. Martin is whom Kenny refers to as his "Cap-ologist", and was heavily courted by Yzerman when he left to go to TB.

Mene Mene?

We're going to be divided between the Medes and Persians?

I don't think it's quite that drastic. We'll miss him, but it's not the end of the organization. I don't mean to sound like he hasn't been a large part of our success, but we have a good staff from whom to promote.

The fighting argument has nothing to do with this. Anybody who wants to talk about how fighting "sets the tone", go find a recording the the Wild's 6-1 loss to Edmonton. Zenon Konopka fought a guy off the draw, Edmonton woke up in a game they had no reason to care about, and scored 30 seconds later. Fighting sets a tone, but one team doesn't control what that message is or what it does to the other team.

Was surprised to see Jim Nill leave the organization, but this is what happens to good front offices - they get poached. Good for him and best of luck.

Fans here are truly spoiled if they think Holland is washed up or "not trying". We have a playoff team (barely) that is almost entirely based on draft picks, none of which were elite draft picks. Nevermind the fact that we completely reversed are strategy of mortgaging the future for temporary fixes, and still have had a decent year. The young guys PLAYED this year, and at times, they even carried us.

I like Yzerman as a human being and he did good work with Team Canada (to the extent he affected that), but the track record in TB is increasingly "spotty".

Would rather have kept him and send Devellano to the Stars, but man this is a great hiring for them.

Why would you want Jimmy D to go? he is the one that turned this organization around. Plus he is semi-retired. Our first 4 trips to the SC (1995 through 2002) was all because of Jimmy D.