• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:46 AM

Disappointed. Best of luck to him, just not against Detroit.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#62 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

Mene Mene?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#63 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

Mene Mene?

We're going to be divided between the Medes and Persians?

I don't think it's quite that drastic.  We'll miss him, but it's not the end of the organization.  I don't mean to sound like he hasn't been a large part of our success, but we have a good staff from whom to promote.

#64 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

The fighting argument has nothing to do with this.  Anybody who wants to talk about how fighting "sets the tone", go find a recording the the Wild's 6-1 loss to Edmonton.  Zenon Konopka fought a guy off the draw, Edmonton woke up in a game they had no reason to care about, and scored 30 seconds later.  Fighting sets a tone, but one team doesn't control what that message is or what it does to the other team. 

Was surprised to see Jim Nill leave the organization, but this is what happens to good front offices - they get poached.  Good for him and best of luck.

Fans here are truly spoiled if they think Holland is washed up or "not trying".  We have a playoff team (barely) that is almost entirely based on draft picks, none of which were elite draft picks.  Nevermind the fact that we completely reversed are strategy of mortgaging the future for temporary fixes, and still have had a decent year.  The young guys PLAYED this year, and at times, they even carried us.

I like Yzerman as a human being and he did good work with Team Canada (to the extent he affected that), but the track record in TB is increasingly "spotty". 

#65 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

He will be missed. My question would be why would Ryan Martin be considered? He has a law back ground and seems to be more of a contract/CBA guy then anything.

"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#66 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

If Jim Nill were our GM, and Paul McLean our coach, would mustaches be mandatory?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#67 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

Would rather have kept him and send Devellano to the Stars, but man this is a great hiring for them.

Why would you want Jimmy D to go? he is the one that turned this organization around. Plus he is semi-retired. Our first 4 trips to the SC (1995 through 2002) was all because of Jimmy D.

#68 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

He will be missed. My question would be why would Ryan Martin be considered? He has a law back ground and seems to be more of a contract/CBA guy then anything.

He does have some experience as a USHL amatuer scout. :lol:

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"