• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Captain Z

Rate this topic

Babcock's take on Z and Pav

They're huge leaders. You talk about the leadership on our team -- we had Stevie and Nick - but those guys had way more help. These guys have had an unbelievable amount of pressure.

Hank and Pavel lead by example in their play and character and that is the tradition established by Yzerman and Lidstrom. I'll take this kind of integrity over the whiney immaturity of Sidney Crosby, no matter how many times he scores, any day of the week. Just like Stevie and Lidstrom, when the twins retire, they will be acknowledged for their skill AND class.

Guest Playmaker

Not a fan of Crosby, but no way you can't respect him as a hockey player. To come back the way he has from the concussion and the jaw injury is amazing. He may have complained some when he was younger, (he was a teenager when he broke into the league), but he has matured quite a bit. He has lead through his play just as much as Zetterberg and Datsyuk.

Datsyuk still consistently the best forward in the series game in game out

God I love Bertuzzi. God I love being a red wings fan

Who cares? Z still showed up and played clutch. That's the point of these posts. How people bring in extraneous crap into forums amazes me.

Guest The Axe

Z needs to stop flopping. Last night, the Ducks announcers were commenting on the antics of Howard and Z. I didnt like it cuz it was true. The Wings might need some theatrics to keep up with todays NHL standards, but I hate to think of us diving like the Sharks and Canucks. Bad Z. You be a good Z!

Guest Crymson

Z needs to stop flopping. Last night, the Ducks announcers were commenting on the antics of Howard and Z. I didnt like it cuz it was true. The Wings might need some theatrics to keep up with todays NHL standards, but I hate to think of us diving like the Sharks and Canucks. Bad Z. You be a good Z!

The FSN Pacific announce team is populated by homers. I have never seen Zetterberg dive.

Howard has become a big time flopper, but Zetterberg didn't dive on that play. He had his foot taken out from under him while also being shoved up high. The laws of physics say he did not dive :)

Edited by haroldsnepsts
To remove quoted post that has been deleted

Honestly, to accuse a world class player like Zetterberg of diving is probably one of the more naïve and unbelievable post I've seen here. If you knew any physics you would know that wasn't a dive. Please go watch the replay again and do not accuse one of the most classy players of something that ridiculous.

I agree Howard did over exaggerate, but he did his job. At the end of game 6 perry got away with some nasty slashes. What Howard did in game 7 was payback. Good for him. Reminds me of what Ozzy did in his time as a red wing. Goalies always attract the refs attentions and it worked out in our favor. Be happy with it and move on.

Guest DeGraa55

Honestly, to accuse a world class player like Zetterberg of diving is probably one of the more naïve and unbelievable post I've seen here. If you knew any physics you would know that wasn't a dive. Please go watch the replay again and do not accuse one of the most classy players of something that ridiculous.

I agree Howard did over exaggerate, but he did his job. At the end of game 6 perry got away with some nasty slashes. What Howard did in game 7 was payback. Good for him. Reminds me of what Ozzy did in his time as a red wing. Goalies always attract the refs attentions and it worked out in our favor. Be happy with it and move on.

And if a goalie did it to us your be crying....I just love fans in sports ;)