#41 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

Datsyuk still consistently the best forward in the series game in game out

God I love Bertuzzi. God I love being a red wings fan

Who cares? Z still showed up and played clutch. That's the point of these posts. How people bring in extraneous crap into forums amazes me.

#42 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

What were Z and Getzlaf arguing about?

Edited by kickazz, 11 May 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#43 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,296 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

What were Z and Getzlaf arguing about?

Z pointed out that he has more hair on his chin than Getzlaf has on his whole head.

#44 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

Z pointed out that he has more hair on his chin than Getzlaf has on his whole head.

haha you went with chin there, safe play...tbh though is it just me or Todd Bertuzzi is one scary dude?!

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#45 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:15 AM

haha you went with chin there, safe play...tbh though is it just me or Todd Bertuzzi is one scary dude?!

Never thought of him as scary back in his young days. He got scarier as he got older.

#46 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

Z needs to stop flopping. Last night, the Ducks announcers were commenting on the antics of Howard and Z. I didnt like it cuz it was true. The Wings might need some theatrics to keep up with todays NHL standards, but I hate to think of us diving like the Sharks and Canucks. Bad Z. You be a good Z!

#47 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

Z needs to stop flopping. Last night, the Ducks announcers were commenting on the antics of Howard and Z. I didnt like it cuz it was true. The Wings might need some theatrics to keep up with todays NHL standards, but I hate to think of us diving like the Sharks and Canucks. Bad Z. You be a good Z!

The FSN Pacific announce team is populated by homers. I have never seen Zetterberg dive.

#48 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

Lets go z!!
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#49 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

Howard has become a big time flopper, but Zetterberg didn't dive on that play. He had his foot taken out from under him while also being shoved up high. The laws of physics say he did not dive :)

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 13 May 2013 - 06:42 PM.
To remove quoted post that has been deleted

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#50 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:38 AM

Honestly, to accuse a world class player like Zetterberg of diving is probably one of the more naïve and unbelievable post I've seen here. If you knew any physics you would know that wasn't a dive. Please go watch the replay again and do not accuse one of the most classy players of something that ridiculous.

I agree Howard did over exaggerate, but he did his job. At the end of game 6 perry got away with some nasty slashes. What Howard did in game 7 was payback. Good for him. Reminds me of what Ozzy did in his time as a red wing. Goalies always attract the refs attentions and it worked out in our favor. Be happy with it and move on.

#51 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

Honestly, to accuse a world class player like Zetterberg of diving is probably one of the more naïve and unbelievable post I've seen here. If you knew any physics you would know that wasn't a dive. Please go watch the replay again and do not accuse one of the most classy players of something that ridiculous.

I agree Howard did over exaggerate, but he did his job. At the end of game 6 perry got away with some nasty slashes. What Howard did in game 7 was payback. Good for him. Reminds me of what Ozzy did in his time as a red wing. Goalies always attract the refs attentions and it worked out in our favor. Be happy with it and move on.

And if a goalie did it to us your be crying....I just love fans in sports ;)

#52 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

Dude, Wings fan since '90. Next to Fedorov and Datsyuk, Z is the hardest player to knock down Ive ever seen. The guy is a bulldog. I know what I saw. It was a flop. And Zata doesnt usually do that.

#53 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

Honestly, to accuse a world class player like Zetterberg of diving is probably one of the more naïve and unbelievable post I've seen here.

Ummmm.....I (and many others) do it all the time toward Cindy, and like him or not, he's a world class player..  Just sayin.

ENJOY THE RIDE

#54 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

Z is the man

IPB Image

#55 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

Z is the man

Agreed. He's fricken money!

#56 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

By Corey Masisak - NHL.com Staff Writer

Joakim Andersson and Gustav Nyquist both were born on Sweden's west coast, in towns about 130 miles apart.

When they were developing into professional hockey prospects as teenagers, they were further apart -- Andersson was in Stockholm with Frolunda, while Nyquist was in Malmo. Still, their experiences with consuming NHL hockey were quite similar.

Both grew up watching a lot of Detroit Red Wings games. While the "Russian Five" made Detroit an extremely popular team in places like Moscow and St. Petersburg, the influx of Swedish players on the roster made them a go-to team on television sets in Malmo and Stockholm, as well.

"Since there are so many Swedes, probably the Swedish networks favor the Red Wings games, too," Nyquist said. "It is easy for the Swedes to watch them and watch their idols to play. For sure, I watched him when I was growing up and this was my favorite team for as long as I was growing up."

The "him" Nyquist referred to is Henrik Zetterberg, who has been a fixture in the Detroit lineup since the start of the 2002-03 season. While Nicklas Lidstrom may be the best player in the country's rich hockey history, Zetterberg is the best of a collection of Swedish forwards who have played for the Red Wings that also includes Tomas Holmstrom and Johan Franzen.

More

Edited by MidMichSteve, 14 May 2013 - 01:16 PM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#57 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

"After nine seasons with the Red Wings, which included a Calder Trophy, a Selke Trophy and a Conn Smythe Trophy, Zetterberg was ready to follow in the footsteps of a pair of NHL legends."

:eh:

I guess 1 out of 3 ain't terrible. 

#58 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

"After nine seasons with the Red Wings, which included a Calder Trophy, a Selke Trophy and a Conn Smythe Trophy, Zetterberg was ready to follow in the footsteps of a pair of NHL legends."

:eh:

I guess 1 out of 3 ain't terrible. 

He can do a lot, but even Z can't retro-win the Calder!  He should have a Selke by now.  That guy is a witch on D.

#59 RedStormRising

RedStormRising

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

Can somebody please tell me where I can buy the hat Z has been wearing lately!? nAGGU51.jpg

Anybody!? Somebody has to know... or it's the best kept secret around.

#60 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

And if a goalie did it to us your be crying....I just love fans in sports ;)

Not really. A failed assumption on you're part. As I mentioned before, Goalies attract attention when they get slashed moreso than a regular player on ice would. It's kind of their job sometimes to draw penalties. Theyre like babies that need to be protected. Simple hockey when defensemen shove opposing teams players out of the way from crease as soon as whistle is blown.

Nice try.

Dude, Wings fan since '90. Next to Fedorov and Datsyuk, Z is the hardest player to knock down Ive ever seen. The guy is a bulldog. I know what I saw. It was a flop. And Zata doesnt usually do that.

Wasn't a dive in textbook hockey. Believe me. I've seen worse in this league. Even if it was a "flop" as you call it, it was nothing compared to half the stuff other players try to pull. In any case, the simple fact that it wasn't that bad, doesn't really warrant the fact that Z needs to "stop flopping around" I see Crosby doing worse things and that is what really warrants people to question someones ethic. Not petty little things that "looked like a dive" or "maybe was a dive"

Ummmm.....I (and many others) do it all the time toward Cindy, and like him or not, he's a world class player..  Just sayin.

Im guessing by Cindy you mean Crosby. If that's the case, you should know that that's why Cindy Crosby is one of the more controversial players. Most people know about Crosby's diving antics. In fact there was controversy last week about how Crosby has actually never been called for a dive and speculation that he's been favored too much by refs. There's so much controversy that there's blogs dedicated to Crosby's diving. Sounds like a real world class player to me lol.

Enjoy:

Enjoy also:

Edited by kickazz, 14 May 2013 - 10:37 PM.