• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

WCQF: (7) Red Wings vs. (2) Ducks

Rate this topic

So many 1 goal games we lost, a could of easily been seeded higher. Congrats boys for putting together a good small streak of hockey. This is what the team has been capable of doing. Sad to see Miller not playing

I was losing hope when we forgot how to win shootouts for a while there, but I think overall this team has come together nicely with this push for the playoffs. Let's keep the intensity up and see what happens.

Never ever do that with this team they ALWAYS are there for us

I was losing hope when we forgot how to win shootouts for a while there, but I think overall this team has come together nicely with this push for the playoffs. Let's keep the intensity up and see what happens.

Best news of all: no shootouts in the playoffs! :P

This series won't be as physically taxing as Ducks series in the past have been. The ducks just aren't as physical as they once were. I see our skill guys matching up well against theirs. The way franzen has been playing, I see him being more of a factor than Ryan for them.

The ducks won a lot of games this year, but I really don't think they are as good as people think they are... In fact, I don't think there's anyone who the wings can't compete with. Should be a good series.

Wings in 6!

LGW!!!!

Guest irishock

wow... calm your ****. If the Wings want to win this, we gotta bring it to a 7-match series

My **** is calm. I know, I know. I'm not following the Wings fans' humble lifestyle. And I gotta admit, it's gonna be a tough battle. It's gonna be a war. It's the team that plays the good ol' fashioned type of hockey that's gonna win the series.

But::: having said that, 'll go with us in 4.

West is set!

Chicago vs. Minnesota

Anaheim vs. DETROIT

Vancouver vs. San Jose

St. Louis vs. Los Angeles

I see Chicago and Detroit winning. The other series' are harder to tell. I'll go with san Jose and LA

Edited by wingsfan4795

I couldn't be happier. I live out in CA about 2 hours from Anaheim, so that means im snagging tickets to either game 1 or 2 asap. Are any of you guys gonna be at the games there? I didn't get a chance to see them in the regular season, and i've never been to a playoff game so I figure this is my best chance. The way they've been playing I honestly think they could beat just about any team right now. If they keep this hot streak going and dont mess with the lines then I can see a lot of good things to come in the next few weeks. But for now, let's just celebrate our Wings continuing the greatest streak in any major sport at the moment.

10 years ago the #2 seeded Red Wings were swept by the #7 seeded Might Ducks. Revenge is a dish best surved cold.

The wings are hot, winning 4 in row in dominating fashion and getting points in 5 of last 6. The Ducks have questionable goaltending and Detroit has played very well against Anaheim this year. And historically #2 seeds have been uset in the first round more than 1, 2, or 4. I smell an upset and it smells a lot like cooked duck.

The Ducks are always a tough team and they love to beat us when they can. I expect some very childish antics from Perry and Getzlaf, but I am confident that the Wings will be very competitive this series.

LGW

Thing is, this year is seeing something of a role reversal of previous seasons. I think its no longer a case of the Ducks brawn vs the Wings skill. Just look at our D corps - they're all big boys. Kronwall is our smallest guy at 6-0 190. Whenever Perry and Getzlaf are on the ice, so will be Ericsson and Abdelkader, so if they start trying to pull their usual crap we've got a couple of players who can stand up to them.

The 3rd line are in for a shock to the system though, they'd better be prepared to stand up to it.

Thing is, this year is seeing something of a role reversal of previous seasons. I think its no longer a case of the Ducks brawn vs the Wings skill. Just look at our D corps - they're all big boys. Kronwall is our smallest guy at 6-0 190. Whenever Perry and Getzlaf are on the ice, so will be Ericsson and Abdelkader, so if they start trying to pull their usual crap we've got a couple of players who can stand up to them.

The 3rd line are in for a shock to the system though, they'd better be prepared to stand up to it.

I dunno if I'd call it a reversal. We're still a puck-possessing, puck-moving, kill-with-skill unit. And not many on our back-end play an especially mean, physical brand of hockey.

But, we showed earlier this season that we can walk into the Honda Center and school some fools. And, yes - definitely give-'n'-take better than we have in awhile. Which is very nice to see.

I think that first goal last night, Hank actually using Dillon's workover to his benefit - that's sort of us in microcosm.

We can beat Anaheim. Like people noted, the standings were really close. Over a full season we could've been much higher.

But Anaheim isn't a one line team anymore. They've got three scoring lines. Our guys have to keep playing as strongly as they have.

Don't like this match up for a lot of reasons, including travel, their style of play, and their luck. Hope I am wrong, but, I think the Ducks in 5-6.

The alternative was to play Chicago inn the first round, who would crush us.

I'd rather travel a bit and play a team we have a chance to beat so we can at least make it out of the first round this year.

If we do beat the pesky ducks I believe it will take 7 games to do it. Whatever case for this series, this matchup is a beauty as histories shown and this time around probably won't be any different. Glad to see the streak stay alive and for however long our post season may go, lets enjoy the hell outta it.

The Red Wings are getting hot at the right time. Howard is playing like a brick wall and we are getting offense from our top guys, Franzen, Z, Pav. The secondary guys are playing very well too and winning games for the Wings, see the game against the Preds.

The Wings always match up well against the Ducks and the series' are always tight ones. I'd say Wings in 6, with the Wings taking Games 1,3,4,6.

Edited by Dirty Dangle