• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

WCQF: (7) Red Wings vs. (2) Ducks

Rate this topic

working in a kitchen I am not usually done before 9:30-10:00 so Ii like the start time, and also we make the ducks play like a bunch of whiny girls, so it should be fun to watch getzlaf, perry, selanne, and ryan embarass themselves again

Edited by Euro_Twins

this is going to be an entertaining series. cant wait to see perry and getlaf have mental meltdowns when things don't go their way.

This year is the polar opposite of last year in that the wings backed into the playoffs last year, while this year they are coming in as one of the hottest teams in the league

should be fun!

10 years ago the #2 seeded Red Wings were swept by the #7 seeded Might Ducks. Revenge is a dish best surved cold.

The wings are hot, winning 4 in row in dominating fashion and getting points in 5 of last 6. The Ducks have questionable goaltending and Detroit has played very well against Anaheim this year. And historically #2 seeds have been uset in the first round more than 1, 2, or 4. I smell an upset and it smells a lot like cooked duck.

I was just thinking about this exact thing this morning, I could also see Jimmy playing like Giguere did that year as well. Damn! That would be sooooo awesome. Only difference is that Anaheim is not the defending Cup Champion, however another LA team is.........hmmmmmmmmm....

10 years ago the #2 seeded Red Wings were swept by the #7 seeded Might Ducks. Revenge is a dish best surved cold.

The wings are hot, winning 4 in row in dominating fashion and getting points in 5 of last 6. The Ducks have questionable goaltending and Detroit has played very well against Anaheim this year. And historically #2 seeds have been uset in the first round more than 1, 2, or 4. I smell an upset and it smells a lot like cooked duck.

Not to mention with Babs coaching the underdog again!

ESPN says Ducks in six. One of Burnside's lamer write-ups.

That was one of the worst write-ups I've read in a long time. It seems like he wrote the whole story based on stats, and paid no attention to which players/ teams are hot right now. I understand why they would pick the Ducks, since they are the favorites, but at least come up with legitimate reasons to back up your opinions!

After watching the video, these guys lost all credibility in my eyes when they agreed that there are only 5 legitimate cup contenders... I would say there are 16. The only team I would maybe call a non-contender is Minnesota because they have been playing so poorly of late, but even they could be contenders if they snap out of their funk.

Thumbs down.

Guest Playmaker

The Red Wings are getting hot at the right time. Howard is playing like a brick wall and we are getting offense from our top guys, Franzen, Z, Pav. The secondary guys are playing very well too and winning games for the Wings, see the game against the Preds.

The Wings always match up well against the Ducks and the series' are always tight ones. I'd say Wings in 6, with the Wings taking Games 1,3,4,6.

The Wings have looked great the past 4 games, but they beat 3 non playoff teams, 2 who played back up goalies and an LA team who was playing the second of back to back games on the road without much to play for. I'm hoping that this is the team that shows up in Anaheim not the team we saw for most of the season.

The Wings have looked great the past 4 games, but they beat 3 non playoff teams, 2 who played back up goalies and an LA team who was playing the second of back to back games on the road without much to play for. I'm hoping that this is the team that shows up in Anaheim not the team we saw for most of the season.

The team that showed up this week wouldn't be stopped by anyone, not even the Blackhawks. If anything, it was more impressive that they beat teams like Phoenix and LA, because they both had something to play for. Phoenix desperately wanted to make the playoffs, and LA desperately wanted home ice. Thanks to Detroit, neither team got their wish :stop::D

Guest DeGraa55

I worry about their top line. It will beat us good. But franzen is on fire so him and the rest of the second line will be what decides our outcome.

This could somewhat of a farewell tour for the wings since they are moving east. Start by playing Anaheim who have played a 3 classic/interesting series against each other in the last 10 years. Move on to play one last series(as conference rivals) against Chicago. And finish up against recent rivals San Jose before showing the east what they will have to deal with.

Too bad for Samuelsson... not that I care. Hopefully he's gone this summer.

It's the right move.

I don't get the sense that he wants to play. Actually, I get the sense that he doesn't want to play. Just wants his money.

So eff his effing bee ess.

This is a tough series oget a good read on. First, regular season matchups mean nothing. That being said, w played them pretty well. But, we worked really hard to get in.How much is left? The longer this series goes, the less I like it. We are much older-star wise than they are. Another key thing is to watch the refs. Do they put their whistles away like normal? It will be fun. go Wings!

This is a tough series oget a good read on. First, regular season matchups mean nothing. That being said, w played them pretty well. But, we worked really hard to get in.How much is left? The longer this series goes, the less I like it. We are much older-star wise than they are. Another key thing is to watch the refs. Do they put their whistles away like normal? It will be fun. go Wings!

I think the ducks are more prone to penalties than we are. I don't think any of our forwards have shown any signs of fatigue, and I don't see that being an issue in the first round.

We may benefit from their goaltending controversy. Boudreau still hasn't named a starting goalie. While its nice to have 2 good goalies (see blues), it can also easily backfire (see canucks)

Guest DeGraa55

I think the ducks are more prone to penalties than we are. I don't think any of our forwards have shown any signs of fatigue, and I don't see that being an issue in the first round.

We may benefit from their goaltending controversy. Boudreau still hasn't named a starting goalie. While its nice to have 2 good goalies (see blues), it can also easily backfire (see canucks)

That's what he is saying I think. Normally refs let guys play more so that'd help their top line....but Abby has shown a bit of toughness in front of net lately and I love it...just wish we had more!

Guest irishock

This could somewhat of a farewell tour for the wings since they are moving east. Start by playing Anaheim who have played a 3 classic/interesting series against each other in the last 10 years. Move on to play one last series(as conference rivals) against Chicago. And finish up against recent rivals San Jose before showing the east what they will have to deal with.

Toronto cup Finals.