@ Detroit, 8:00pm (TSN, FSD)

Game 5*: Wednesday, May 8th

@ Anaheim, 10:00pm (TSN, FSD)

Game 6*: Friday, May 10th

@ Detroit, TBD (TSN, FSD)

Game 7*: Sunday, May 12th

@ Anaheim, TBD (TSN, FSD)

(*If Necessary)

Don't like this match up for a lot of reasons, including travel, their style of play, and their luck. Hope I am wrong, but, I think the Ducks in 5-6.

I actually feel pretty good about playing the Ducks. I'm excited for this to get underway. Super proud of our D this year. Lots of young guys and they've done great!

Does anybody have advice for how to watch the playoffs? I'm living in grad res, so I get basic channels (i.e. CBC). I've only been able to watch Wings games because I paid for GameCenter this year, but now what? I don't mind paying to watch online, but is that even an option for the playoffs?

Edited by Zetts

If you need an online stream to watch the game, just shoot me a pm bro.

I actually feel pretty good about playing the Ducks. I'm excited for this to get underway. Super proud of our D this year. Lots of young guys and they've done great!

Does anybody have advice for how to watch the playoffs? I'm living in grad res, so I get basic channels (i.e. CBC). I've only been able to watch Wings games because I paid for GameCenter this year, but now what? I don't mind paying to watch online, but is that even an option for the playoffs?

I tried to embed the video but failed :(. But for sure they'll be showing this video on the jumbotron at the Joe.

I just about died laughing...my coworkers are looking at me like i'm a lunatic...

Whew! Glad I didn't make that Filppula & Franzen for Ryan deal now! :lol:

Seriously, the Wings handled the Ducks pretty well all season and have to be one of the hottest teams rolling right now...2 shutouts the last 4 games, outscored opponents 14 to 3...PP lit it up, PK shut them down, Euro twins pumping all cylinders, seems like Playoff-Franzen may make an appearance and the bottom 6 are killing teams!

There is no way that Babcock makes a roster change until he has to! Sorry Bert and Sammy, but team playing too well together right now...same with Cola and White....

edit: That being said, The Wings handled themselves well against Chicago and Vancouver as well. I think they could upset any of them...starting with the Ducks. Don't "they" say that the 2 v. 7 seed is more so the upset round then any others? Far be it from us to upset the Hockey Gods! :lol:

Edited by LeftWinger

Wings really deserve this playoff appearance IMO. Against all odds, loosing the guys we did, behind in the standings like we were, playing so many youngsters, so many injuries. Then when we get to crunch time, Howard was outstanding, the defense picked it up, lame ducks like Franzen starting to perform, Z took over, and this team got it done down the stretch, with every game being a must win, and they did it, they pulled it off and got themselves into the playoffs. No help from anyone but themselves. Very impressive. Proud to be a Wings fan today.

This is a great matchup for the Wings, we know we can beat them, we have Franzen and Flip finally playing good hockey, this is a great great matchup, Wings in 5, Bank It, I said time and time again we'd make it into the playoffs, and now I'm telling you we will beat the Duckies.

Guest Crymson

Me too! :lol:

Naturally.

There's a Wings fan club that meets at a bar (Govnr's Park) between 6th and 7th on Logan to watch the games.

I was losing hope when we forgot how to win shootouts for a while there, but I think overall this team has come together nicely with this push for the playoffs. Let's keep the intensity up and see what happens.

They'll be 8:00 start times for me!

Me too :)

I am looking forward to this series, and extremely happy they made it. Congrats boys on 22 years!

The Ducks are always a tough team and they love to beat us when they can. I expect some very childish antics from Perry and Getzlaf, but I am confident that the Wings will be very competitive this series.

LGW