• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

WCQF: (7) Red Wings vs. (2) Ducks

Rate this topic

meh...

...anyway I like being the underdog! How many years did we as Wings fans endure the "favorite" moniker only to be upset by the #8, #7, #6 seed before? I like the experts picking Anaheim in 6...it doesn't matter, because we weren't supposed to even be in the playoffs because of what happened to our team last summer....we lost Lids and Stu...top UFA thumbed their noses at us. We were written off as a playoff team even BEFORE all our injuries....BUT, here we are! Little did those "experts" know that our kids were this good. They aren't superstars (yet) but they got us to the dance...now those same experts are picking us to lose...how original, pick to #2 seed to beat the #7. Let's not look at the season matchups or the stats or anything...I know its a new season but Detroit not only won the season series, they beat BOTH of their goalies, scored on the PP, did not back down from intimidation, defended themselves and their teammates, all in all, played better than Anaheim did. Frustrated Anaheim to the point to where Perry, Getzlaf and Selanne blew their wigs and totaled up 44 mins in penalties at the end of the last game....PLUS Detroit is one of the hottest teams in the NHL right now...go ahead, make the easy prediction Ducks in 6. I say, Wings in 5. Wings win the first two games in Anaheim, lose game 3, then win games 4 and 5... Wings are hot right now, they had no problem with the Ducks over the season and will have no problems this series...

...and if something happens and they Wings don't win the series, whoopee-doo! 22 years ago we lost to St. Louis in 7 games in the 1st round when that Wings team was just being born and the rest is history...

This could somewhat of a farewell tour for the wings since they are moving east. Start by playing Anaheim who have played a 3 classic/interesting series against each other in the last 10 years. Move on to play one last series(as conference rivals) against Chicago. And finish up against recent rivals San Jose before showing the east what they will have to deal with.

Hmmmmmm, Sharks in the conf final. That's a bold prediction. I like the farewell tour theme, some good PS material right there.

Guest Johnz96

After a torrid start the Duck's finished the season 8-9-2 in their last 19, the Wings were 10-5-4 in their last 19.

At least when we face the Ducks this time we don't have to put up with Pronger's crap. Maybe I'm putting too much stock into those back to back wins in Anaheim, but I'm optimistic for this series. The Ducks don't have the defense they used to and Boudreau doesn't have a very good playoff track record. Not to mention, the Ducks last 19 games they finished the season under .500 while we come in red hot.

On NHL network, mike Johnson said dekeyser would.be the unsung hero of the first round for the whole western conference.

Ej hradek said Howard would be the MVP of the first round in the west.

I generally like these guys, but their reasoning about everything is so wack and slanted.

Do the Wings have the depth to do any serious damage? Can Franzen, Brunner, Filppula, et al. deliver?

Meanwhile, everyone on Chicago's third line is a bona fide threat.

*sigh*

Edited by Dabura

I generally like these guys, but their reasoning about everything is so wack and slanted.

Do the Wings have the depth to do any serious damage? Can Franzen, Brunner, Filppula, et al. deliver?

Meanwhile, everyone on Chicago's third line is a bona fide threat.

*sigh*

Ya well, its not like they get paid for what they actually know. They all picked either Chicago or Pittsburgh to win the Cup...uh, really? Let's just take the top two teams from the regular season and choose one....jack wagons.

I got an idea, lets take the top two teams and let them play for the Cup, since no other team has a chance or deserves any chance at Chicago or Pittsburgh. At least EJ chose Detroit to beat Anaheim...but come on guys, lets get original. It's easy to pick Chicago or Pittsburgh. I am saying it here and now and guarantee it....NEITHER Chicago NOR Pittsburgh will be in the Finals...

Poll on who gets Kronwalled first?

tr!pod does :D I hope it is selanne or getzlaf first, then the whole team goes into sissy rage fits and gets thrown out and we demolish them :)

Ya well, its not like they get paid for what they actually know. They all picked either Chicago or Pittsburgh to win the Cup...uh, really? Let's just take the top two teams from the regular season and choose one....jack wagons.

I got an idea, lets take the top two teams and let them play for the Cup, since no other team has a chance or deserves any chance at Chicago or Pittsburgh. At least EJ chose Detroit to beat Anaheim...but come on guys, lets get original. It's easy to pick Chicago or Pittsburgh. I am saying it here and now and guarantee it....NEITHER Chicago NOR Pittsburgh will be in the Finals...

I can see pitts making the finals, the east seems a bit easier though, and if hwsnbn comes back they could be dangerous. I am feeling a cup final rematch, Det. Vs. Pitts for the cup

Edited by Euro_Twins

tr!pod does :D I hope it is selanne or getzlaf first, then the whole team goes into sissy rage fits and gets thrown out and we demolish them :)

I can see pitts making the finals, the east seems a bit easier though, and if hwsnbn comes back they could be dangerous. I am feeling a cup final rematch, Det. Vs. Pitts for the cup

OoOoOoOoO The rubber match! I like it! I don't think I could take all the Pittsburgh knob-gobbling though....ugh....

I don't want to sound too much like a homer, but I am damn sure on their side until its over! So ya, Detroit in the Cup final is my prediction. Root for them until its over!

I actually feel pretty good about playing the Ducks. I'm excited for this to get underway. Super proud of our D this year. Lots of young guys and they've done great!

Does anybody have advice for how to watch the playoffs? I'm living in grad res, so I get basic channels (i.e. CBC). I've only been able to watch Wings games because I paid for GameCenter this year, but now what? I don't mind paying to watch online, but is that even an option for the playoffs?

You don't have to pay to watch online. Shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up with some help.

Ducks fans are already throwing their hands up in outrage over the officiating in this series and how the "league" wants the Wings to win. "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

Get used to it. The first time a questionable call goes against us in this series there will be a lot of those types of comments around here.