• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#61 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

The Wings have looked great the past 4 games, but they beat 3 non playoff teams, 2 who played back up goalies and an LA team who was playing the second of back to back games on the road without much to play for.  I'm hoping that this is the team that shows up in Anaheim not the team we saw for most of the season.

The team that showed up this week wouldn't be stopped by anyone, not even the Blackhawks. If anything, it was more impressive that they beat teams like Phoenix and LA, because they both had something to play for. Phoenix desperately wanted to make the playoffs, and LA desperately wanted home ice. Thanks to Detroit, neither team got their wish  :stop:  :D  

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#62 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

I worry about their top line. It will beat us good. But franzen is on fire so him and the rest of the second line will be what decides our outcome.

#63 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Playoff shrine complete!

0428131848_zps91d1a2a8.jpg

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#64 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

Oh well one more  time one of the better rivalries in the league, both teams hate each other and there will be a lot of Wings fans at the Ducks centre so they may experience something very rare, a sellout *g*

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#65 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

This could somewhat of a farewell tour for the wings since they are moving east. Start by playing Anaheim who have played a 3 classic/interesting series against each other in the last 10 years. Move on to play one last series(as conference rivals) against Chicago. And finish up against recent rivals San Jose before showing the east what they will have to deal with.

#66 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

In a stunning move, Babcock says no lineup changes for Game 1 lol

#67 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

In a stunning move, Babcock says no lineup changes for Game 1 lol

Good call by the coach. Tweak only when necessary.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#68 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

Too bad for Samuelsson... not that I care. Hopefully he's gone this summer.

It's the right move.

#69 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

Too bad for Samuelsson... not that I care. Hopefully he's gone this summer.

It's the right move.

I don't get the sense that he wants to play. Actually, I get the sense that he doesn't want to play. Just wants his money.

So eff his effing bee ess.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#70 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

This is a tough series oget a good read on. First, regular season matchups mean nothing. That being said, w played them pretty well. But, we worked really hard to get in.How much is left? The longer this series goes, the less I like it. We are much older-star wise than they are. Another key thing is to watch the refs. Do they put their whistles away like normal? It will be fun. go Wings!

#71 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

This is a tough series oget a good read on. First, regular season matchups mean nothing. That being said, w played them pretty well. But, we worked really hard to get in.How much is left? The longer this series goes, the less I like it. We are much older-star wise than they are. Another key thing is to watch the refs. Do they put their whistles away like normal? It will be fun. go Wings!

I think the ducks are more prone to penalties than we are. I don't think any of our forwards have shown any signs of fatigue, and I don't see that being an issue in the first round.
We may benefit from their goaltending controversy. Boudreau still hasn't named a starting goalie. While its nice to have 2 good goalies (see blues), it can also easily backfire (see canucks)

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#72 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

I think the ducks are more prone to penalties than we are. I don't think any of our forwards have shown any signs of fatigue, and I don't see that being an issue in the first round.
We may benefit from their goaltending controversy. Boudreau still hasn't named a starting goalie. While its nice to have 2 good goalies (see blues), it can also easily backfire (see canucks)

That's what he is saying I think. Normally refs let guys play more so that'd help their top line....but Abby has shown a bit of toughness in front of net lately and I love it...just wish we had more!

#73 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

NBCSN just showed they will have game 1 Tuesdays at 10:30 pm

#74 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

Key will be getting early victories. Avoid getting burned out, avoid crazy travel. Get the jump early, capitalize on their lack of discipline.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#75 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

This could somewhat of a farewell tour for the wings since they are moving east. Start by playing Anaheim who have played a 3 classic/interesting series against each other in the last 10 years. Move on to play one last series(as conference rivals) against Chicago. And finish up against recent rivals San Jose before showing the east what they will have to deal with.

Toronto cup Finals.

bringit.jpg

#76 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

I forcast gus, toots and abby annoying the hell out of the ducks !!

#77 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

I forcast gus, toots and abby annoying the hell out of the ducks !!

Datsyuk seems to know how to get into their heads :)

-Buppy

#78 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

meh...

...anyway I like being the underdog! How many years did we as Wings fans endure the "favorite" moniker only to be upset by the #8, #7, #6 seed before?  I like the experts picking Anaheim in 6...it doesn't matter, because we weren't supposed to even be in the playoffs because of what happened to our team last summer....we lost Lids and Stu...top UFA thumbed their noses at us.  We were written off as a playoff team even BEFORE all our injuries....BUT, here we are! Little did those "experts" know that our kids were this good.  They aren't superstars (yet) but they got us to the dance...now those same experts are picking us to lose...how original, pick to #2 seed to beat the #7.  Let's not look at the season matchups or the stats or anything...I know its a new season but Detroit not only won the season series, they beat BOTH of their goalies, scored on the PP, did not back down from intimidation, defended themselves and their teammates, all in all, played better than Anaheim did. Frustrated Anaheim to the point to where Perry, Getzlaf and Selanne blew their wigs and totaled up 44 mins in penalties at the end of the last game....PLUS Detroit is one of the hottest teams in the NHL right now...go ahead, make the easy prediction Ducks in 6.  I say, Wings in 5.  Wings win the first two games in Anaheim, lose game 3, then win games 4 and 5... Wings are hot right now, they had no problem with the Ducks over the season and will have no problems this series...

...and if something happens and they Wings don't win the series, whoopee-doo! 22 years ago we lost to St. Louis in 7 games in the 1st round when that Wings team was just being born and the rest is history...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#79 redwings8831

redwings8831

redwings8831

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

Game 1: Tuesday - 10:30

Game 2: Thursday - 10:00

Game 3: Saturday - 7:30

Game 4: Monday - 8:00

#80 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

Hopefully guys like Kronner and Toots can set a physical tone early because you know full well Anaheim is going to come out high and hard, wings gotta be the same and when it happens not back down.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter