• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

WCQF: (7) Red Wings vs. (2) Ducks

Rate this topic

I'm excited about this series.

I was looking over some of the Ducks fan forums and saw several interesting posts pre-bitching about the refs giving more calls in the Wings favor... Then another couple of posts saying any team playing against the Ducks get the calls.

Hmmm, what do you think would happen if all the calls that we're cross-checks, slashes and roughing calls were removed (Anaheim text-book)? Pretty even calls? I think so...

If history has shown us anything, it is that during the playoffs, the refs stop calling things. They let the guys play. This means that series get rougher as they move along. If that happens, that is not in our favor. if the games are called tight, that helps us. The Ducks are bigger and more physical, we are smaller and faster. Who is allowed to set the tone is key.

ESPN Expert Picks:

Buccigross... Ducks in 7

Burnside... Ducks in 6 Stunner! lol... Surprised he didn't pick the Pens ha

Linda Cohn... Ducks in 7

Custance... Wings in 7

Paul Grant... Ducks in 6

LeBrun... Wings in 7

Levy... Ducks in 7

James Murphy... Wings in 6

Katie Strang... Wings in 7

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9222132/experts-picks

Guest DeGraa55

I love 1030 games guess I'm the minority lol.

Go wings! My heart says they win my brain can't decide. So many questions. They got a goalie situation? We got red hot franzen.

If history has shown us anything, it is that during the playoffs, the refs stop calling things. They let the guys play. This means that series get rougher as they move along. If that happens, that is not in our favor. if the games are called tight, that helps us. The Ducks are bigger and more physical, we are smaller and faster. Who is allowed to set the tone is key.

Unless you consider last year "history" :P

I generally like these guys, but their reasoning about everything is so wack and slanted.

Do the Wings have the depth to do any serious damage? Can Franzen, Brunner, Filppula, et al. deliver?

Meanwhile, everyone on Chicago's third line is a bona fide threat.

*sigh*

I normally hate mike johnson. He picked the coyotes to beat the wings in '11... He also seems to always rely on stats when judging players or teams. I was happy to see him recognize Deke for his abilities even though he doesn't and likely wont ever stand out on the stat sheet.

I also found it odd that they questioned Detroit's depth without giving any mention to our third and fourth lines. They were good on the stat sheet this past week, but even when they weren't scoring, the third line was possessing the puck and annoying opponents and the fourth line was grinding and agitating.

I thought the exact same thing when they were talking about Chicago's depth right after botching the analysis on Detroit's depth

Ya well, its not like they get paid for what they actually know. They all picked either Chicago or Pittsburgh to win the Cup...uh, really? Let's just take the top two teams from the regular season and choose one....jack wagons.

I got an idea, lets take the top two teams and let them play for the Cup, since no other team has a chance or deserves any chance at Chicago or Pittsburgh. At least EJ chose Detroit to beat Anaheim...but come on guys, lets get original. It's easy to pick Chicago or Pittsburgh. I am saying it here and now and guarantee it....NEITHER Chicago NOR Pittsburgh will be in the Finals...

I agree that it's stupid for everyone to think Chicago and Pittsburgh will have a cakewalk to the finals. Besides the kings last year (and they were underdogs in every series) no team has just walked through the playoffs with no opposition in a long time.

I agree that Chicago probably wont make the finals, but I would have a hard time betting against the penguins in the east. Every team is either not near their skill level, or playing terribly coming in to the playoffs. The only teams I can really see beating them are the Rangers or the Capitals, and one of those teams will be out in the first round.

Wow - Mike, Kevin and E.J. all picking the Wings.

The franzen killer Jamie McClellan picked the ducks... I don't think he's ever picked the wings to win anything. He even looked like he was in pain when weekes was picking Detroit Edited by wingsfan4795

Franzen killer? Do tell.

ESPN Expert Picks:

Buccigross... Ducks in 7

Linda Cohn... Ducks in 7

Custance... Wings in 7

Paul Grant... Ducks in 6

LeBrun... Wings in 7

Levy... Ducks in 7

Melrose picked the Wings?! Shocked.

Craig Button "would be shocked" (emphasis his) if the Ducks don't win this series. Because those big bad Ducks forwards are just going to be too far too big and bad for our woefully inexperienced blue line.

Which is fair enough. I guess.

ESPN Expert Picks:

Buccigross... Ducks in 7

Linda Cohn... Ducks in 7

Custance... Wings in 7

Paul Grant... Ducks in 6

LeBrun... Wings in 7

Levy... Ducks in 7

Linda Cohn is a hockey expert?

:lol:

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest The Axe

Wow, I had totally forgotten about that incident!

Me too. That guy is such a wimpy guy on NHL network. The girl is more masculine.