• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AtlantaHotWings

What does Babs do?

Rate this topic

Driving home from Raleigh after seeing Seger in PNC. Which by the way there were a TON Wings Jerseys in attendance. Got to talk to a family wearing Ferris State, Griffins and Wings jerseys but I digress.

What do you do if you are Babs?

Keep riding the horses that got you into the playoffs?

Or do you take the chance and put Bert and Sammy in? Personally I think he should let it ride as making the playoffs after all the injuries is quite an accomplishment. As we all know Danny C will NOT be sat down it would be Gus or Eaves for Bert.

Bert is a big body. I'm sure we will see him soon. I hope he is ready. You know the ducks are going to be playing him rough. I don't know who I'd sit to get him. Going in I don't think you change anything. I think #22 is going to be valuable in this seires. I like our 3rd/4th lines right now.

As much as I would to see Bertuzzi in I think Babs should stick to the current winning recipe until a change is warranted... Berts been out all season and would be getting up to game speed in playoff games, just doesnt sound like a good idea.

Keep Sammy on the shelf as long as possible.... his sore pectoralus might aggrevate itself if he gets off the shelf!

Edited by The Secret

Babs has never liked to change a winning lineup in the playoffs, so after the last week where everyone turned up there won't be any changes. I would think it would be hard to swap in some cold guys to improve the lineup. Especially the older guys like Bert and Sammy, if Helm were fit then he's an energy guy and may have had a chance but I wouldn't any rash changes to lineup in first few games of the series.

Guest The Axe

If we lose, I would have changed the lines. If we win, Babcock made the right choice that I would have made too.

As much as I want to see Bert back, there is no reason for Babcock to make any lineup changes, especially since the team as a whole has been playing so well. As for Samuelsson, I would only put him in if someone gets hurt and we have no choice, nothing against him but he doesn't add anything we don't already have. I'll be interested to see who gets black ace call-ups with GR in the playoffs, I'd give Tatar or Sheahan a shot before Sammy, they both play bigger than him anyway.

I want to see a fourth line of Bertuzzi-Helm-Tootoo. That'd be a grind line all right

that's a fine idea, although i don't think bert plays like a grinder. he would be great to absorb punishment from the goonish ducks if he was healthy.

Well, Mr. Babcock, thank you very much for loosin game 1 one of this series.

Wings won twice against the ducks by spreading the offense. There's just no reason to change anythin und put Z and Pav together. Wings are very easy to control with a lineup like this.

If we are able to create offense over at least three lines it should be no problem to defeat the ducks.

Franzen, Datsjuk, Bertuzzi

Nyquist, Zetterberg, Brunner

Cleary, Filppula, Eaves

Abdelkader, Emmerton, Tootoo

Kronwall, Lashoff

Colaiacovo, Kindl

DeKeyser, Smith

PP1: Kronwall, De Keyser, Datsjuk, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi

PP2: Colaiacovo, Kindl, Franzen, Filppula, Brunner

Three nearly equal lines, one right handed shooter each and more skilled defensemen would help to create more offense over three lines and would also help the PP going. And please bring in Bert. At least his experience und presence would help the team to step up. He proved that he can be a huge factor right after returning from injurys. Plus he's exactly what Wings need. Another right handed sniper.

Well, Mr. Babcock, thank you very much for loosin game 1 one of this series.

Wings won twice against the ducks by spreading the offense. There's just no reason to change anythin und put Z and Pav together. Wings are very easy to control with a lineup like this.

If we are able to create offense over at least three lines it should be no problem to defeat the ducks.

Franzen, Datsjuk, Bertuzzi

Nyquist, Zetterberg, Brunner

Cleary, Filppula, Eaves

Abdelkader, Emmerton, Tootoo

Kronwall, Lashoff

Colaiacovo, Kindl

DeKeyser, Smith

PP1: Kronwall, De Keyser, Datsjuk, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi

PP2: Colaiacovo, Kindl, Franzen, Filppula, Brunner

Three nearly equal lines, one right handed shooter each and more skilled defensemen would help to create more offense over three lines and would also help the PP going. And please bring in Bert. At least his experience und presence would help the team to step up. He proved that he can be a huge factor right after returning from injurys. Plus he's exactly what Wings need. Another right handed sniper.

Perfect!!!!

Except scratch “Datsjuk" and have White centre the first line.

:blind:

Edited by rick zombo

Let's all listen to the guy who misspells our best players name! ... Twice!!

Somehow he spelled colaiacovo right though....

Oh, not only twice. For me, he will always be Mr. Datsjuk. His correct name is Дацю́к and everyone who write Dazyuk or maybe Datsyuk misspells his name :lol:

For me the translation of Дацю́к is Datsjuk. I really don't like the other translations.

Edited by poel