• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 Bully76

Bully76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

I want to see a fourth line of Bertuzzi-Helm-Tootoo. That'd be a grind line all right

that's a fine idea, although i don't think bert plays like a grinder. he would be great to absorb punishment from the goonish ducks if he was healthy.

"If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke."

-Stephen Colbert

#22 poel

poel

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

Well, Mr. Babcock, thank you very much for loosin game 1 one of this series.

Wings won twice against the ducks by spreading the offense. There's just no reason to change anythin und put Z and Pav together. Wings are very easy to control with a lineup like this.

If we are able to create offense over at least three lines it should be no problem to defeat the ducks.

Franzen, Datsjuk, Bertuzzi

Nyquist, Zetterberg, Brunner

Cleary, Filppula, Eaves

Abdelkader, Emmerton, Tootoo

Kronwall, Lashoff

Colaiacovo, Kindl

DeKeyser, Smith

PP1: Kronwall, De Keyser, Datsjuk, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi

PP2: Colaiacovo, Kindl, Franzen, Filppula, Brunner

Three nearly equal lines, one right handed shooter each and more skilled defensemen would help to create more offense over three lines and would also help the PP going. And please bring in Bert. At least his experience und presence would help the team to step up. He proved that he can be a huge factor right after returning from injurys. Plus he's exactly what Wings need. Another right handed sniper.

#23 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

Wings won twice against the ducks by spreading the offense. There's just no reason to change anythin und put Z and Pav together. Wings are very easy to control with a lineup like this.

If we are able to create offense over at least three lines it should be no problem to defeat the ducks.

Franzen, Datsjuk, Bertuzzi

Nyquist, Zetterberg, Brunner

Cleary, Filppula, Eaves

Abdelkader, Emmerton, Tootoo

Kronwall, Lashoff

Colaiacovo, Kindl

DeKeyser, Smith

PP1: Kronwall, De Keyser, Datsjuk, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi

PP2: Colaiacovo, Kindl, Franzen, Filppula, Brunner

Three nearly equal lines, one right handed shooter each and more skilled defensemen would help to create more offense over three lines and would also help the PP going. And please bring in Bert. At least his experience und presence would help the team to step up. He proved that he can be a huge factor right after returning from injurys. Plus he's exactly what Wings need. Another right handed sniper.

Perfect!!!!

Except scratch “Datsjuk" and have White centre the first line. 

:blind:

Edited by rick zombo, 01 May 2013 - 12:32 AM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#24 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

Let's all listen to the guy who misspells our best players name! ... Twice!!
Somehow he spelled colaiacovo right though....

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#25 poel

poel

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

Let's all listen to the guy who misspells our best players name! ... Twice!!
Somehow he spelled colaiacovo right though....

Oh, not only twice. For me, he will always be Mr. Datsjuk. His correct name is Дацю́к and everyone who write Dazyuk or maybe Datsyuk misspells his name :lol:

For me the translation of Дацю́к is Datsjuk. I really don't like the other translations.

Edited by poel, 01 May 2013 - 07:00 AM.

#26 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

Split D and Z if Helm is available he's in no questions asked. More playing time for Dekeyser and Smith best 2 D last night
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#27 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:35 AM

Driving home from Raleigh after seeing Seger in PNC. Which by the way there were a TON Wings Jerseys in attendance. Got to talk to a family wearing Ferris State, Griffins and Wings jerseys but I digress.

What do you do if you are Babs?

Keep riding the horses that got you into the playoffs?

Or do you take the chance and put Bert and Sammy in? Personally I think he should let it ride as making the playoffs after all the injuries is quite an accomplishment. As we all know Danny C will NOT be sat down it would be Gus or Eaves for Bert.

Sammy in no way, shape or form should ever play another game in a Wings uniform.  Tuzzi should be in to replace Cleary, however Eaves probably will be sat for him even though him and Tootoo have been awesome together, and Emmerton won't sit cause he's our 4th centre.  Nyquist will not be sat.  The likelyhood of that happening at this point is less than the likelyhood of someone grabbing a brain and sitting Cleary.  He got a lucky bounce for our goal last game off Kindl's shot.  Other than that he was falling down as usual and being his normal useless self.   

What does Babs do though you ask?  Bring in Sammy to replace Tootoo or Eaves and then say the players dictate their ice time.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#28 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

Listening to the radio commentary I don't think I heard Brunner's name once, despite hearing Nyquist and Andersson plenty.  I said in another thread that he might be on a very short leash, I imagine Bert is chomping at the bit.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#29 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

I would imagine that Brunner would be the one to sit

IPB Image

#30 mule

mule

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

As much as I love Tootoo and the intensity he brings every time he's on the ice, I would consider sitting Tootoo for Bertuzzi and as stated above possibly juggling the lines to separate Pavel and Z. I hope he gives the Nyquist Anderson Brunner line another chance as they were great down the stretch and I thought they played alright last night. 

Having said that, the 4th line of Eaves Emmerton Tootoo has also played very well and if Bertuzzi comes into the line up I think it will be for Brunner or Anderson. I hope Babcock doesn't dress Samuelsson.

Edited by mule, 01 May 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#31 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

I think you leave the roster alone, the young guys looked nervous, understandably so. Even Dekeyser who has been as solid as a Rock  with outlet passes bungled a few. (get it, Seger comment in OP, solid as a rock, ahhh, I know not funny!)

I think the young guys need to calm down a little, I think they looked for the amazing pass/play a little too much last night. The team as a whole seemed to be trying to thread the needle  a little to finely.

Well, that and the fact that Jonas Hiller is a southpaw, and out of his freaking mind with the glove last night!

I can think of two shots (one Mule can't remember the other) that were very similarly placed to Selanne's game winner, except Hiller's glove was all over that corner.

And to the people blaming Babcock's roster choices, lets think about this:

-it was Anahiem, arguably the second best team  in the NHL all year long

-it took an amazingly placed shot by an HOFer who has been sniping corners like that for years

-the team was very shaky to start the game, Howard played Awesome which he will need to keep doing, but the kid line got better and so did the young D

-Speaking of the kid line, IMO, the kid line carried this team last night, defensively as well as offensively as far as pressure goes, Nyquist was Dats Jr, all over the puck on both ends!

My point, a Wings team that barely made the post season was in this game the whole time and gave the 2nd best team all year long a real fight in their barn.

With the youth on this team, I saw that as a good sign and feel like the Wings could steal one in ANA. They will have to defend home ice, as I don't think they can take 2 in ANA over the series.

Overall I thought that was a great game to watch and it is too bad the Wings lost, but I thought it was a good first showing on a team with that many playoff rookies!

IF....

if Babs were to sit Brunner, I would much rather see Tatar there instead, but alas I am not the coach.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#32 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

I'm actually not feeling too bad about last night's game.  Their power play looked better than I remembered it for much of the season, and the defense mostly contained a Ducks team that has both speedsters and skill players.  If you remember how terrible the defense was in January, it's night and day from then.

That being said, I think there's a reason Nashville sat Tootoo in the Playoffs last year (you know, when they were beating us?).  While I was never a fan of Tootoo from the start, I understand there being some arguable value to his "energy" or "message" hits during the course of a condensed regular season.  In the Playoffs, though, all he's going to do is draw the attention of the refs.  We don't need his fights (he isn't really a good fighter anyway, just better than you'd expect for his size), and while that penalty call on him was probably a little weak, it directly led to Anaheim taking control of the game.

Brunner was pretty bad, but I think he's still a net positive in the lineup.  If you're sitting someone like Tootoo for Tatar, though, that would make more sense to me. 

What a sad state of reality for what they paid Sammy before this season, juxtaposed with the fact that they're afraid to put him in the lineup and have him suck.  Players like Crosby, or even freakin' Kyle Quincey are rushed back into action with protective equipment, but it seems more likely than not that Sammy would hurt the team if they put him in cold.

#33 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

I think you leave the roster alone, the young guys looked nervous, understandably so. Even Dekeyser who has been as solid as a Rock  with outlet passes bungled a few. (get it, Seger comment in OP, solid as a rock, ahhh, I know not funny!)

Or perhaps we simply Turn the Page to game 2 without the nerves with the younger players.

Or make a Night Move and put Bert in...

Sorry I had to.....

"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl

#34 poel

poel

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

Wrote this long time ago. Pav and Z don't work anymore. Wings won game 7 because Babcock separated them. Today again. Chicago dominated the game in the 3rd period because Babcock changed the lines.

Will be interesting to see what Babcock plans. Maybe it's a good idea to bring in Tootoo and add some energy.

Edited by poel, 15 May 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#35 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

Wrote this long time ago. Pav and Z don't work anymore. Wings won game 7 because Babcock separated them. Today again. Chicago dominated the game in the 3rd period because Babcock changed the lines.

Will be interesting to see what Babcock plans. Maybe it's a good idea to bring in Tootoo and add some energy.

they work just fine together, but we don't have a second line with them together, that is what doesn't work.

#36 Fedorovfan

Fedorovfan

humble servant

• 45 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:17 AM

The defense must be tighter. Lines don't matter. The production has been there. Let's remember this is a young Wings team. It's good for them to go through this.

Lets go Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#37 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

And they wouldn't have gotten to a game 7 had they not been put together mid series. Hank and Pav work great. But like others say the rest of the lines aren't good enough to pick up the slack left when one goes to the top line.

#38 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

Driving home from Raleigh after seeing Seger in PNC. Which by the way there were a TON Wings Jerseys in attendance. Got to talk to a family wearing Ferris State, Griffins and Wings jerseys but I digress.

What do you do if you are Babs?

Keep riding the horses that got you into the playoffs?

Or do you take the chance and put Bert and Sammy in? Personally I think he should let it ride as making the playoffs after all the injuries is quite an accomplishment. As we all know Danny C will NOT be sat down it would be Gus or Eaves for Bert.

I think at this point, Cleary would be sat long before Nyquist.  Nyquist puts out the same effort and is much more skilled and useful, and Babcock knows it.  Keep Tuzzi in cause he's been playing really good, and put him on with Z and Flip to make more space for them.  Cleary was terrible last game.  His role needs to be on the 4th line.  Abdelkader has flourished playing with Dats, Cleary has been getting consistently worse over the past 2 years.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#39 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

it's a good idea to bring in Tootoo and add some energy.

this, please. 

Cleary was terrible last game.  His role needs to be on the 4th line  riding the pine.  

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#40 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

Cleary is the worst player we've had in a while.  I think the only reason he has points is because pucks bounced off him.  I swear he is the Brandon Inge of The Red Wings we can't get rid of this guy.  Tootoo couldn't possibly be worse. 

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s