• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECQF - (8) NY Islanders vs. (1) Penguins

Rate this topic

It may not be a popular opinion, but it was a penalty. They called something similar in the 1st period. If it was a penalty then, it's a penalty in overtime. Strait was beaten out of the corner, panicked, and put both hands on Crosby. Don't put the ref in the position to make that call (and I'm sure Strait apologized to his team for putting them in that situation).

I gotta say though, Kyle Okposo has been amazing this series. Talk about a player answering the bell in the playoffs. The Islanders speed is giving Pittsburgh fits; it will be an interesting Game 4.

Guest Johnz96

It may not be a popular opinion, but it was a penalty. They called something similar in the 1st period. If it was a penalty then, it's a penalty in overtime. Strait was beaten out of the corner, panicked, and put both hands on Crosby. Don't put the ref in the position to make that call (and I'm sure Strait apologized to his team for putting them in that situation).

I gotta say though, Kyle Okposo has been amazing this series. Talk about a player answering the bell in the playoffs. The Islanders speed is giving Pittsburgh fits; it will be an interesting Game 4.

It was a blatant dive. Strait was trying to reach in to poke check the puck and Crosby leaned into Strait and stiff-armed him, when Crosby realized that he ran out of real estate and didn't have much of a chance to score, Crosby dove.

Edited by Johnz96

An embellishment, maybe. It's a quality scoring chance with a clear lane to the goalie and another player crashing the net. Saying that Strait isn't guilty of a hold is crazy: he puts both hands on Crosby. When you use your free hand on a player, particularly a star, you're really daring the refs not to call you for something.

Guest Johnz96

An embellishment, maybe. It's a quality scoring chance with a clear lane to the goalie and another player crashing the net. Saying that Strait isn't guilty of a hold is crazy: he puts both hands on Crosby. When you use your free hand on a player, particularly a star, you're really daring the refs not to call you for something.

Strait was reaching to poke check Crosby and Crosby leaned into Strait and stiff-armed him, (he knew he was gonna do it as soon as it looked like he was running out of room to create a good scoring chance, he does it all the time) to make it look like a hold and then dove. It was premeditated and disgusting.

Edited by Johnz96

Guest DeGraa55

They should be careful. The Nothing But Crosby network will fire them.

In other supposedly unrelated news, Milbury and Roenick have been relieved of their duties by NBCSN. Ratings is speculated to be the reason.

Nice! I love it! It's about time that The Network calls out Sindey Louganis for the Olympic Diver she is....The city of Pittsburgh should be ashamed of this guy and he should be tarred and feathered....is it still uncool to hope someone Abdelkader's Crysby into retirement? Probably, but this idiot needs to be stopped with this diving BS.

Nice! I love it! It's about time that The Network calls out Sindey Louganis for the Olympic Diver she is....The city of Pittsburgh should be ashamed of this guy and he should be tarred and feathered....is it still uncool to hope someone Abdelkader's Crysby into retirement? Probably, but this idiot needs to be stopped with this diving BS.

The league needs to enforce the rules then. Crosby is just doing what it takes to win, he's a champion.

Guest irishock

I wanted to start a thread about it but am too chicken.

Anyone think the Islanders 1980-1984 consecutive playoff series wins at 19 will ever be broken?

Eventually the Toews-Kane Blackhawks will do it.

LOL they call a dive on the Islander but not on Crosby in game 3

f*** this league and I hope the entire Pittsburgh Penguins team dies in a fire

Why don't the Penguins just bench Fleury?

With their goal support, they don't need anything but an average backup.

He's the reason they've lost in the playoffs the last few years. Sure as hell isn't because of their scoring. Simply awful goalie in the clutch, despite being great early in his career. Weird.