• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECQF - (8) NY Islanders vs. (1) Penguins

Rate this topic

Love watching the Pens flounder. Tavares is living up to the hype, glad to see. He's a star I can get behind, not Sid and Malkin who start fights at the end of games there losing only to have every friggin idiot on the ice jump in as soon as Hamonic throws a punch.

I can't help but root for the Isles. Not just they are playing the Pens, but because for about as long as Detroit has been a dominant team, they have been doormats. If any team is ready to become great again, its the Isles. Good for them! Next year they are moving to Brooklyn and this is a great foundation to start off a new era! Too bad they won't be called the Brooklyn Islanders....it just sounds tougher than New York Islanders.

I don't have a problem with Crosby yanking that Islander out of the scrum. He's protecting a teammate, and I didn't see him give the guy anything extra after wrestling him off the pile.

I do have a problem with the late hit by Iginla, the facewash by Malkin, and the punching by Hamonic. During the game none of this would bother me. After the final horn sounds, it's a problem.

Edited by Resetti

I can't help but root for the Isles. Not just they are playing the Pens, but because for about as long as Detroit has been a dominant team, they have been doormats. If any team is ready to become great again, its the Isles. Good for them! Next year they are moving to Brooklyn and this is a great foundation to start off a new era! Too bad they won't be called the Brooklyn Islanders....it just sounds tougher than New York Islanders.

They're not moving till 2015.

Fleury's trying to be the new Luongo. Lmao. Pittsburgh is finding out the hard way that you can have all the scorers in the world but if you don't have defense or a goalie it's tough to win a 7 game series.

Luongo has won a gold-medal is slightly behind the elite goalies in this league MAF is well - average?

Nah. He played great in the playoffs early in his career.

He's just terrible now.

2008 is the only year I would say he played great (statistically speaking) 2009 he played well from what I can remember as well. Other than that, he's been mediocre at best.

Guest Crymson

Fleury has let in 40 goals over his past 10 playoff games. Isn't that insane?

Fleury has let in 40 goals over his past 10 playoff games. Isn't that insane?

And yet, we have post saying that we should bench Howard. Gotta love it.

Enjoying a huge slice of schadenfreude tonight. Between, The Canucks getting swept, The Sens going up 3-1, and watching The Pens losing a game with such dignity to The Isles and letting that series go even, I just can't stop smiling.