• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECQF - (8) NY Islanders vs. (1) Penguins

Rate this topic

Two dumbass penalties by the NYI. I guess the first one he was trying to slow him down on a dump in, but not much danger there, I hate when guys take penalties away from the puck. The second one was just boneheaded.

Wow, so that is how you score. You mean you aren't supposed to take it into the corner and shoot it at an impossible angle OR pass it in front of the net with no one there?

What's that other thing we do? Oh yeah shoot it from the blue line right at the goalie and don't make him have to shift at all. Last night I guarantee I could have stopped 3/4 of those shots we had with a defense in front of me. I'm not saying I have the reflexes to save them, I'm saying if I just stood there, no way they were going in. Puck goes left to the corner cover that side. Puck goes right cheat to that side. Take a knee hug the post, get hit by the puck, rinse, repeat.

Too bad Doc wasn't calling the game, it would have been "Crosby, DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES to the ice to draw penalty". What a joke of a penalty called and the Isles lose on the PK. I would be reallllllly pissed if I were an Islanders fan.

I'm of the opinion that a penalty is a penalty regardless of what period you're playing in. If that's a call they're making in the 1st and 2nd period of the game, there's no reason it shouldn't be called in OT.

I'm of the opinion that a penalty is a penalty regardless of what period you're playing in. If that's a call they're making in the 1st and 2nd period of the game, there's no reason it shouldn't be called in OT.

Yeah, i don't like the call really, but Crosby beat him out of the corner and the guy held him. It's weak, but it's been called like that all year.

Guest Johnz96

Just watched the highlights on NHL.com but they didn't show the penalty. If someone has it, please post so I can check it out...

It isn't anywhere. Normally on the Canadian sports channels if a penalty led to an OT PP goal they would show it but not in this case. I think the NHL has curiously lost the footage

Just watched the highlights on NHL.com but they didn't show the penalty. If someone has it, please post so I can check it out...

Should have been an Islander PP

Guest DeGraa55

If you're going to get a penalty for touch crybaby at least do it right. See how his jaws feels after you hit it a couple times. I don't understand why these guys are ok with weak penaltys. I hate the hooking, tripping, slashing, holding etc etc calls they're so weak.