• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#61 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

I am cheering hard for the Isles and Ottawa in the east, both have lots of very likable players on their roster and are working their butts off.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#62 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

That was a great shot by Kunitz, but seriously Nabokov can't stop a beach ball.

#63 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

NBC:  CROSBY!  CROSBY!  CROSBY!  CROSBY!  CROSBY!  CROSBY!  CROSBY!  CROSBY!  CROSBY!  CROSBY!  CROSBY!  CROSBY!  CROSBY!  CROSBY!  CROSBY!

#64 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

holy crap I just saw the reply of the penalty call that led to an OT goal....Crosby fell down and "drew the call" to say the least.

#65 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

Too bad Doc wasn't calling the game, it would have been "Crosby, DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES to the ice to draw penalty". What a joke of a penalty called and the Isles lose on the PK. I would be reallllllly pissed if I were an Islanders fan.

40 for life.

#66 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Definitely a dive and even though I don't like JR, he's right, no penalties should be called in OT.  Let them play!

#67 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

I'm of the opinion that a penalty is a penalty regardless of what period you're playing in.  If that's a call they're making in the 1st and 2nd period of the game, there's no reason it shouldn't be called in OT. 

#68 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

Refs save the Pens again!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#69 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Been a fun series to watch not counting Game 1, the crowd today was awesome, shame they couldn't win in OT

#70 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

I'm of the opinion that a penalty is a penalty regardless of what period you're playing in.  If that's a call they're making in the 1st and 2nd period of the game, there's no reason it shouldn't be called in OT. 

Yeah, i don't like the call really, but Crosby beat him out of the corner and the guy held him. It's weak, but it's been called like that all year.

#71 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,906 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Crosby dive? No!

Haven't watched the play, but if the guy held him and Crosby embellished, should have called both...but then again, its the NHL and it was Crosby.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#72 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,906 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Just watched the highlights on NHL.com but they didn't show the penalty.  If someone has it, please post so I can check it out...

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#73 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

Just watched the highlights on NHL.com but they didn't show the penalty.  If someone has it, please post so I can check it out...

It isn't anywhere. Normally on the Canadian sports channels if a penalty led to an OT PP goal they would show it but not in this case. I think the NHL has curiously lost the footage

Should have been an Islander PP

#74 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

If you're going to get a penalty for touch crybaby at least do it right. See how his jaws feels after you hit it a couple times. I don't understand why these guys are ok with weak penaltys. I hate the hooking, tripping, slashing, holding etc etc calls they're so weak.

#75 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

In other supposedly unrelated news, Milbury and Roenick have been relieved of their duties by NBCSN.  Ratings is speculated to be the reason. 

#76 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

It may not be a popular opinion, but it was a penalty.  They called something similar in the 1st period.  If it was a penalty then, it's a penalty in overtime.  Strait was beaten out of the corner, panicked, and put both hands on Crosby.  Don't put the ref in the position to make that call (and I'm sure Strait apologized to his team for putting them in that situation).

I gotta say though, Kyle Okposo has been amazing this series.  Talk about a player answering the bell in the playoffs.  The Islanders speed is giving Pittsburgh fits; it will be an interesting Game 4.

#77 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:10 AM

It may not be a popular opinion, but it was a penalty.  They called something similar in the 1st period.  If it was a penalty then, it's a penalty in overtime.  Strait was beaten out of the corner, panicked, and put both hands on Crosby.  Don't put the ref in the position to make that call (and I'm sure Strait apologized to his team for putting them in that situation).

I gotta say though, Kyle Okposo has been amazing this series.  Talk about a player answering the bell in the playoffs.  The Islanders speed is giving Pittsburgh fits; it will be an interesting Game 4.

It was a blatant dive. Strait was trying to reach in to poke check the puck and Crosby leaned into Strait and stiff-armed him, when Crosby realized that he ran out of real estate and didn't have much of a chance to score, Crosby  dove.

Edited by Johnz96, 06 May 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#78 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

An embellishment, maybe.  It's a quality scoring chance with a clear lane to the goalie and another player crashing the net.  Saying that Strait isn't guilty of a hold is crazy: he puts both hands on Crosby.  When you use your free hand on a player, particularly a star, you're really daring the refs not to call you for something.

#79 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

In other supposedly unrelated news, Milbury and Roenick have been relieved of their duties by NBCSN.  Ratings is speculated to be the reason. 

LMAO. I'm glad to see even NBC saying that Crosby dove.

Hoping the Islanders win Game 4. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#80 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

An embellishment, maybe.  It's a quality scoring chance with a clear lane to the goalie and another player crashing the net.  Saying that Strait isn't guilty of a hold is crazy: he puts both hands on Crosby.  When you use your free hand on a player, particularly a star, you're really daring the refs not to call you for something.

Strait was reaching to poke check Crosby and Crosby leaned into Strait  and stiff-armed him, (he knew he was gonna do it as soon as it looked like he was running out of room to create a good scoring chance, he does it all the time) to make it look like a hold and then dove. It was premeditated and disgusting.

Edited by Johnz96, 06 May 2013 - 01:24 AM.