• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#141 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

Nah.  He played great in the playoffs early in his career.

He's just terrible now.  

2008 is the only year I would say he played great (statistically speaking) 2009 he played well from what I can remember as well. Other than that, he's been mediocre at best. 

#142 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

Fluery is the worst goalie to ever win a cup.

Most overrated player in the league.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#143 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

Luongo has won a gold-medal is slightly behind the elite goalies in this league MAF is well - average?

Luongo's playoff motto: I don't always lose...but when I do...it's in the playoffs!

#144 miksteri

miksteri

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

Damn, pens are a bunch of aholes, but the league will brush this under the carpet because Buttman is SuperMarios toyboy...

#145 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:36 AM

Great game by the young stars of NYI.  Cheering for you to upset the mighty Pens.  Just play free and loose ... MAF is melting down just like last year.  

#146 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

Fleury has let in 40 goals over his past 10 playoff games. Isn't that insane?

#147 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:57 AM

Fleury has let in 40 goals over his past 10 playoff games. Isn't that insane?

And yet, we have post saying that we should bench Howard. Gotta love it.

Enjoying a huge slice of schadenfreude tonight. Between, The Canucks getting swept, The Sens going up 3-1, and watching The Pens losing a game with such dignity to The Isles and letting that series go even, I just can't stop smiling.

#148 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

Dont care about the Sharks, Canucks but Ottawa and NYI made me smiling for a longtime.

Sent from my BlackBerry

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#149 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

I agree with the schadenfreue here but it hurts me deeply to know that either Suter or Subban will get to lay their hands on Lidströms trophy...

#150 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:15 AM

pens are 100000x better then the red wings. 

wings wouldn't stand a chance

#151 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

pens are 100000x better then the red wings. 

wings wouldn't stand a chance

I love the negativity.  I believe it's working.

#152 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

As much as I hate to say it, Crosby is unreal this season.

But as long as they keep scoring the Isles can stretch this out and maybe win the series. Pittsburgh lacks goaltending and defense, I think.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#153 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

Last night was another perfect case in point as to why I don't like the Pens. It reminded me so much of Game 2 in 2009 against us.  Pens lose, they act like spoiled little brats, throw punches, take cheap shots, etc.  They did it against us, they did it last year against Philly and now they're doing it this year against the Isles.  They are TERRIBLE losers.  Does frustration play a part in it?  Sure, but guys like Crosby and Malkin can't act like that for two reasons.  One, they're supposed to be the leaders of the team.  Coming unglued at the end of every losing game isn't leadership.  And two, the NHL wants them to be the faces of the league.  Being a sore loser isn't the image that the NHL is striving for.

As for the series, they'll switch to Vokoun and win the next two games.  Fleury was destroyed by the Isles in the regular season (3.60 GAA) too, while Vokoun was a brick wall (0.90 GAA in 3 games).  Plus, the NHL won't let their Golden Boy get knocked out by the Isles in the first round.  That's not good for business.

#154 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

So...anybody think Letang gets the automatic, non-discretionary 10-game suspension?

40.3 Automatic Suspension – Category II - Any player who deliberately applies physical force to an official in any manner (excluding actions as set out in Category I), which physical force is applied without intent to injure, or who spits on an official,shall be automatically suspended for not less than ten (10) games.

Last night was another perfect case in point as to why I don't like the Pens. It reminded me so much of Game 2 in 2009 against us.  Pens lose, they act like spoiled little brats, throw punches, take cheap shots, etc.  They did it against us, they did it last year against Philly and now they're doing it this year against the Isles.  They are TERRIBLE losers.  Does frustration play a part in it?  Sure, but guys like Crosby and Malkin can't act like that for two reasons.  One, they're supposed to be the leaders of the team.  Coming unglued at the end of every losing game isn't leadership.  And two, the NHL wants them to be the faces of the league.  Being a sore loser isn't the image that the NHL is striving for.

Don't forget Iginla's unnecessary and potentially dangerous hit at the end of the game. Status quo for him, even moreso as a Penguin now.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#155 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

As for the series, they'll switch to Vokoun and win the next two games.  Fleury was destroyed by the Isles in the regular season (3.60 GAA) too, while Vokoun was a brick wall (0.90 GAA in 3 games).  Plus, the NHL won't let their Golden Boy get knocked out by the Isles in the first round.  That's not good for business.

They've "let" him get knocked out every year since 2009.  Why did "they" let that happen?

#156 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

MAF is the Grant Fuhr of this decade...?

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! ™ - RETIRED 2012

#157 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

http://sports.yahoo....-134545272.html

more goonery from the pens.

"I need to rethink whether I want to be a part of it."

#158 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,479 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

MAF is the Grant Fuhr of this decade...?

Wayne Gretzky would tell you that Fuhr was one of the best goalies ever....he's biased though.

On Fleury, he's still young (about the same age as Howard), but I think we've now seen more than enough to assume this isn't due to a young goalie working out the kinks, he has consistently demonstrated that he will be prone to really, really bad goals.  Just in the past 4 games, how many goals has he actually scored on himself.  There has been at least 4 or 5 that have come from the goal line or below.

#159 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

Great game by the young stars of NYI.  Cheering for you to upset the mighty Pens.  Just play free and loose ... MAF is melting down just like last year.  

I love it.  And I love how the 8th seed is outscoring the Eastern All-Stars.

So...anybody think Letang gets the automatic, non-discretionary 10-game suspension?

Don't forget Iginla's unnecessary and potentially dangerous hit at the end of the game. Status quo for him, even moreso as a Penguin now.

I can't see the vid, did Letang abuse an official?  I hope just to test Shanaban, he did and gets a well deserved 10 game ban.  That would be amazing!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#160 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

Wayne Gretzky would tell you that Fuhr was one of the best goalies ever....he's biased though.

On Fleury, he's still young (about the same age as Howard), but I think we've now seen more than enough to assume this isn't due to a young goalie working out the kinks, he has consistently demonstrated that he will be prone to really, really bad goals.  Just in the past 4 games, how many goals has he actually scored on himself.  There has been at least 4 or 5 that have come from the goal line or below.

At least goalies like Jimmy and His Quickness, the only bad goals are due to them needing to go to the Marty Brodeur school of puckhandling, or Jimmy can just get tips from Dats, but Fleury...god dude, hug the post when it goes behind the net.  Or better yet, don't, and we'll keep having good laughs at his expense.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.