• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECQF - (6) NY Rangers vs. (3) Capitals

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Ovechkin led all forwards in ice time and had ONE shot on the evening. Wow.

No NHL team has lost more playoff series as the higher seed in the last 30 years than have the Caps (11 times),... or lost more series in which they led by two games (nine).

That GIF is the best thing that came out of this series.

Well, along with this picture:

Ua0WILE.png

ETA: Couldn't find the source image, but this was the one that appeared on NHL.com after the game.

Edited by Resetti

The Rangers were really struggling in that series, but the Capitals choking as usual really helped them out. King Henrick really showed up and I thought was the best player for the Rangers in the last 2 games.

Notice Mike Green in this game. He was aweful defensively. Ovechkin was silent for most of the series. This team has a lot of issues and Adam Oates has a lot of work to do to turn this team around in the playoffs. Too bad they are playing in a real division next year.

Boudreau was a big part of the problem, as his job as a coach is to prevent this kind of crap from happening. Boudreau is just a terrible playoff coach. In his post game after losing the series to the Wings he was talking about his thoughts on a LA and Anaheim series. I mean that shows a poor amount of focus and how he already was thinking past the Wings series before he beat us... no wonder the Ducks lost.

It's been more than a decade since a goalie was as perfect over Games 6 and 7 of a playoff series as Henrik Lundqvist was for the New York Rangers against Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals.

(...)

The last NHL goalie to pull off the double shutouts in Games 6-7 was Detroit's Dominik Hasek in 2002 against Colorado, according to STATS LLC.

TSN.ca

If anybody is curious about Ovechkin's take on it... it wasn't his fault!

“The refereeing... You understand it yourself. How can there be no penalties at all (on one team) during the playoffs?

“I am not saying there was a phone call from (the league), but someone just wanted Game 7. For the ratings. You know, the lockout, escrow, the League needs to make profit... I don't know whether the refs were predisposed against us or the League. But to not give obvious penalties (against the Capitals), while for us any little thing was immediately penalized...”

Source

Over the course of this series and this season, I've lost a lot of respect for Ovechkin. Someone needs to dramatically rip the C off of his sweater.

If anybody is curious about Ovechkin's take on it... it wasn't his fault!

Source

Over the course of this series and this season, I've lost a lot of respect for Ovechkin. Someone needs to dramatically rip the C off of his sweater.

I think Ovie needs to be on a different team. He had a strong showing in the second half of this season, he's an MVP candidate again, they should trade him while his value is high. He's frustrated, the franchise is frustrated, the fan base is beyond frustrated. If the Caps are going to be successful, they need to be different. Every year its the same story, high finish in the reg season, gone in the first or second round (usually the first) and they can't blame it on Boudreau anymore.

I think Ovie needs to be on a different team. He had a strong showing in the second half of this season, he's an MVP candidate again, they should trade him while his value is high. He's frustrated, the franchise is frustrated, the fan base is beyond frustrated. If the Caps are going to be successful, they need to be different. Every year its the same story, high finish in the reg season, gone in the first or second round (usually the first) and they can't blame it on Boudreau anymore.

Caps are playing in the weakest division and if they turn it on, they are by far the best team there but the team lacks identity, leadership (*lol* Ovechkin *lol*), dedication and especially a defensive system. Losing game 7 by a boatrace and then blaming the league is just pure Ovechkin, guy should just shutup and let his - sometimes incredible - play do the talk.

The Rangers showed the team they were supposed to be this year, and the Caps showed the team they've been the past 5 years minus their run to get to the playoffs this year. Ovie was a pile of garbage in the playoffs. I'm not a Crosby fan, but that's where his comparison is, and I'd take Crosby anyday even with the injuries.