• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#141 mule

mule

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

It's very easy to see which members of LGW are American and which are Canadian. As a Canadian Wings fan in Southern Ontario, dealing with the arrogance and annoyance of Leaf fans and the Toronto media is almost unbearable. Their loss last night was the most amazing hockey moment I have experienced since Game 6 of the 2008 Stanley Cup Final. Thank you Boston Bruins! 

Edited by mule, 14 May 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#142 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

It's very easy to see which members of LGW are American and which are Canadian. As a Canadian Wings fan in Southern Ontario, dealing with the arrogance and annoyance of Leaf fans and the Toronto media is almost unbearable. Their loss last night was the most amazing hockey moment I have experienced since Game 6 of the 2008 Stanley Cup Final. Thank you Boston Bruins! 

I'm from Toronto, and while I do feel bad for the die hard Leaf fans, it is more fun to tease Leaf fans than Bruins fans just because of the amount of them.

#143 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,506 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

I am American, but I consider myself to be an "honourary Canadian" (see what I did there) ;)

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#144 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

Helluva game ... for some reason cheering for the Canadian team but most of the time, I despise them.  Making it to the playoffs was considered a success this year but when you are that close to going to round 2 and losing it ... they need to learn how to finish OT from our boys! 

#145 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

Helluva game ... for some reason cheering for the Canadian team but most of the time, I despise them.  Making it to the playoffs was considered a success this year but when you are that close to going to round 2 and losing it ... they need to learn how to finish OT from our boys! 

No, they need to learn how to keep a 2-goal lead with a minute and change left in the third.  

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#146 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

Reimer = Avereage

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#147 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

I thought the Wings blowing late 3rd period leads was pretty bad, but the Leafs just preformed one heck of a"choke" job. I'm sure lots of Fans were crackin the bubbly, then saying wtf just happened :-)

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#148 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

I am American, but I consider myself to be an "honourary Canadian" (see what I did there) ;)

I'm canadian and seeing this hurts my brain lol. to hell with unnecessary u's!! and to hell with spelling center centre. maybe i should be an honorary american?

Soon as Boston got #3, I knew the Leafs were done. They zoomed in on Reimer's face and you could just see it. He was rattled. The look in his eyes just said that the Leafs' season was finished.