• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECQF - (5) Maple Leafs vs. (4) Bruins

Rate this topic

Absolutely devastating end to this series for the Leafs. To be down 3 games to 1, make a dramatic comeback, be winning 4-1 with 10 min left in Game 7, 4-2 with 90 seconds left and lose is more than anyone should have to handle. If something like that happened to the Wings, I would feel gutted like someone in my family died. Really feel bad for their fan base.

Any suspension for Kelly's brutal elbow that drew blood all over the face of Reimer? Or is that apart of keeping the players safe?

By "Reimer," do you mean "Van Riemsdyk?"

If you're talking about the play that I think you are, it could easily be 2 minutes the other way for . . . well, what exactly do you call tackling a guy away from the play, then laying down on him, preventing him from trying to backcheck what appeared to be an odd-man rush developing for Toronto? I think that's pretty much the dictionary definition of interference. Should have been a power play for the Bruins. Kelly losing his cool negates the power play. Give the guy an extra 2 for drawing blood, and maybe it's a 2-minute power play for Toronto. JVR was asking for trouble. Shame on Kelly for indulging him, but let's not make it sound like the Leafs are skating Mother Theresas.

That play worked to Boston's advantage, sure. But if the refs were out to get Toronto, they were doing a lousy job of it. See the roughing penalty on Lucic for (unsuccessful) instigation . . . which was no more and no less than Orr's strategy v Chara in the first period. Not to mention that Toronto is every bit as physical as Boston. Maybe more so. It wasn't the Leafs who were short 3 of their top-6 defensemen in game 7.

Talk about epic failure by the Leafs. This is why you don't let up in the 3rd period, never gotten why teams do it and will continue to do it. Play hard and don't let up. Nice job by the Bruins to not quite or give up and show why they have won a cup in the past.

It's very easy to see which members of LGW are American and which are Canadian. As a Canadian Wings fan in Southern Ontario, dealing with the arrogance and annoyance of Leaf fans and the Toronto media is almost unbearable. Their loss last night was the most amazing hockey moment I have experienced since Game 6 of the 2008 Stanley Cup Final. Thank you Boston Bruins!

Edited by mule

It's very easy to see which members of LGW are American and which are Canadian. As a Canadian Wings fan in Southern Ontario, dealing with the arrogance and annoyance of Leaf fans and the Toronto media is almost unbearable. Their loss last night was the most amazing hockey moment I have experienced since Game 6 of the 2008 Stanley Cup Final. Thank you Boston Bruins!

I'm from Toronto, and while I do feel bad for the die hard Leaf fans, it is more fun to tease Leaf fans than Bruins fans just because of the amount of them.

Helluva game ... for some reason cheering for the Canadian team but most of the time, I despise them. Making it to the playoffs was considered a success this year but when you are that close to going to round 2 and losing it ... they need to learn how to finish OT from our boys!

Helluva game ... for some reason cheering for the Canadian team but most of the time, I despise them. Making it to the playoffs was considered a success this year but when you are that close to going to round 2 and losing it ... they need to learn how to finish OT from our boys!

No, they need to learn how to keep a 2-goal lead with a minute and change left in the third.

I am American, but I consider myself to be an "honourary Canadian" (see what I did there) ;)

I'm canadian and seeing this hurts my brain lol. to hell with unnecessary u's!! and to hell with spelling center centre. maybe i should be an honorary american?

Soon as Boston got #3, I knew the Leafs were done. They zoomed in on Reimer's face and you could just see it. He was rattled. The look in his eyes just said that the Leafs' season was finished.