• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF - (6) Sharks vs. (3) Canucks

Rate this topic

Vancouver is so undisciplined and retaliatory.

This. I'm surrounded by Canucks fans and all I ever hear is how much they hate their goalie (regardless of which one is in net) but while their goaltending is definitely an issue, they lost that cup in 2010 because of how I disciplined they are. Boston made them mad and they couldn't keep their cool.

Vancouver's done. AV should be fired for how he handled the Luongo situation. He was terrific the first two games.

To be fair, even if a penalty shot was awarded and Vancouver scored, it would have only made the score 5-2 from 5-1.

Yes but unreviewable penalties is one of the stupidest things in the league. Why not get the right call if you can? Reffing was terrible in that series a lot of reason for Canucks fans to be upset

I agree AV should be fired... Guy seems like a smug jackass in his interviews and always the one complaining about reffing after losses

Edited by joesuffP

Vancouver's done. AV should be fired for how he handled the Luongo situation. He was terrific the first two games.

To be fair, even if a penalty shot was awarded and Vancouver scored, it would have only made the score 5-2 from 5-1.

He did the same thing to Luongo last year against the Kings too. Luongo was in no way a factor for why they were losing to the Kings.

Frankly I'm amazed AV has kept his job this long. I think he plays a large part in the whining, spineless culture that seems prevalent in Vancouver. There's good players on that team, but man something is off.

I don't even particularly care for Luongo but man they've jerked him around. Bad talent management.

He did the same thing to Luongo last year against the Kings too. Luongo was in no way a factor for why they were losing to the Kings.

Frankly I'm amazed AV has kept his job this long. I think he plays a large part in the whining, spineless culture that seems prevalent in Vancouver. There's good players on that team, but man something is off.

I don't even particularly care for Luongo but man they've jerked him around. Bad talent management.

Same opinion of Luongo, but that's slowly changed over the past few months. He's handled being thrown under the bus and treated like crap like a professional. He's been nothing but classy about it when he had every right to complain about being treated poorly.

This. I'm surrounded by Canucks fans and all I ever hear is how much they hate their goalie (regardless of which one is in net) but while their goaltending is definitely an issue, they lost that cup in 2010 because of how I disciplined they are. Boston made them mad and they couldn't keep their cool.

2011*

Same opinion of Luongo, but that's slowly changed over the past few months. He's handled being thrown under the bus and treated like crap like a professional. He's been nothing but classy about it when he had every right to complain about being treated poorly.

I agree.

They've not treated him well there and he's handled it as a consummate professional. It's not that I dislike the guy, just making the disclaimer that I have never particularly been a fan.

But he's a good player who would definitely benefit if they moved him. He's got to be dying to get out of Vancouver and get a fresh start at this point.

Maybe it's just the creepiness of having to sign and deal with identical twins as a package deal that makes the whole franchise spooky.

I agree.

They've not treated him well there and he's handled it as a consummate professional. It's not that I dislike the guy, just making the disclaimer that I have never particularly been a fan.

But he's a good player who would definitely benefit if they moved him. He's got to be dying to get out of Vancouver and get a fresh start at this point.

Maybe it's just the creepiness of having to sign and deal with identical twins as a package deal that makes the whole franchise spooky.

Not to mention this was once the captain of that franchise. I think he'd really thrive returning to Florida or going to a place that needs an established goalie like Toronto or Tampa.

AV's handling of their goaltenders is an issue and will probably get him fired, but VAN's real problem is that they're not scoring!

5 goals in 3 games. Cycling the puck around the perimeter. No real scoring chances. Of course you're down 0-3.

...but just like Howard, Lou can't score goals. So it's OBVIOUSLY the goaltender not being able to keep out the puck.

It amazes me how Canucks fans, and I guess a lot of Wings fans too, are so eager to pile on their goaltending when it's essentially a non-issue in comparison to their scoring woes.

AV's handling of their goaltenders is an issue and will probably get him fired, but VAN's real problem is that they're not scoring!

5 goals in 3 games. Cycling the puck around the perimeter. No real scoring chances. Of course you're down 0-3.

...but just like Howard, Lou can't score goals. So it's OBVIOUSLY the goaltender not being able to keep out the puck.

It amazes me how Canucks fans, and I guess a lot of Wings fans too, are so eager to pile on their goaltending when it's essentially a non-issue in comparison to their scoring woes.

I agree . . . 5 goals in 3 games won't cut it. Some of the credit goes to Niemi. He is playing like three years ago, when the Hawks won the Cup.

Lou playing well makes their organization look terrible. I'm in favor of it. And now they have to decide who starts game 4 - the better goalie or the chosen goalie. At this point, both options are bad. Even if Schneider plays well (unlike this game) nobody's going to trust him one game to the next. Everything they do is gas on the fire.

Couldn't happen to a better team.

In the post-game interview, Thornton said, "We're just really happy we didn't have to face Luongo again." Perfect.

Meanwhile, the Nucks have pretty much played 4 D for the whole series. They're not in this to go long.

In the post-game interview, Thornton said, "We're just really happy we didn't have to face Luongo again." Perfect.

Thornton was a genius in saying this ... playing mind games with the Canucks organization.

Doesn't really matter who they put in there, as long as SJ scores 2 goals or more, they can be pretty sure of a win because Canucks can't seem to score more than 1.

Sedin losing his cool in last night's game. Pretty good butt end to the back of the head, but also a nice dive by Couture.

itr2dq9zKawZf.gif

pretty good dive but honestly a suspendable action if it's not a sedin

Bieksa on the Team 1040 in Vancouver complaining about the Sharks' diving and embellishing: that's as classic as it gets.

you ain't down 3-0 due to dives my friend

It's the problem with the playoffs every powerplay is so important. Every team is diving out there. I honestly don't see it with the wings tho but I'm biased.

Someone should make a video of all the calls the sharks got on their last couple playoff runs it would look ridiculous. I think the difference between teams like the sharks and Canucks and the rest of the league is that they're blatant divers not very good actors

Guest The Axe

I hate the Sharks. They are such crap. Can't wait for pur revenge when it comes.

I'm always glad to see MAKAVELI719696 put up another one of these long, well-edited videos. It means he's not out in public, where his social awkwardness might damage his sensitive ego.

It takes an amazing amount of work to portray the Nucks as the wronged party in most situations, and he makes a valiant effort. A time-consuming, no-mom-I'll-just-microwave-a-hot-pocket-when-I-get-hungry-right-now-I-need-to-keep-working sort of valiant effort.

Salut, MAKAVELI719696, Nucks ****** of the month.