#41 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

Sharks up 2-1 midway through the 2nd. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#42 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

Canucks just fell apart. Two SJ goals 9 seconds apart.

Edited by Pskov Wings Fan, 05 May 2013 - 11:08 PM.

#43 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

And the Canucks go golfing yet again. Henrik Sedin with the stick hit on Couture's head. 

Well deserved, good on Henrik's part. I wish our Henrik would do it to that dickface Perry

bringit.jpg

#44 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

5-1.

Canucks might be the first team out of playoffs. Good for them.

#45 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

Watching the game... Puck was rolling in behind Niemi sharks player grabs the puck with his glove... No goal, no penalty shot, no penalty baffling... Sharks get all the breaks I swear to god

#46 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

Yikes, talk about crapping the bed... the switch to Schneider didn't jolt the players one bit.  Talk about an uninspired effort by Vancouver, you'd think they had no idea that losing this game would put them on the brink of elimination.

Not to take credit away from San Jose for carrying the play.

#47 redwings15

redwings15

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

Vancouver is so undisciplined and retaliatory. Also, Sharks announcers are dreadful and unfunny  

"When I was balding and the assistant coach of the Sharks.."

#48 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

Watching the game... Puck was rolling in behind Niemi sharks player grabs the puck with his glove... No goal, no penalty shot, no penalty baffling... Sharks get all the breaks I swear to god

Dude even looked up to check if ref saw that :) But even if Canucks get that penalty shot I think that this game is done.

#49 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

Over/Under on Alain Vigenault being fired in 2 weeks....I'd say over, but only slightly.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#50 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:21 AM

Vancouver's done. AV should be fired for how he handled the Luongo situation. He was terrific the first two games. 

To be fair, even if a penalty shot was awarded and Vancouver scored, it would have only made the score 5-2 from 5-1. 

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#51 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

Vancouver is so undisciplined and retaliatory.

This. I'm surrounded by Canucks fans and all I ever hear is how much they hate their goalie (regardless of which one is in net) but while their goaltending is definitely an issue, they lost that cup in 2010 because of how I disciplined they are. Boston made them mad and they couldn't keep their cool.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#52 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

Vancouver's done. AV should be fired for how he handled the Luongo situation. He was terrific the first two games. 

To be fair, even if a penalty shot was awarded and Vancouver scored, it would have only made the score 5-2 from 5-1. 

Yes but unreviewable penalties is one of the stupidest things in the league. Why not get the right call if you can? Reffing was terrible in that series a lot of reason for Canucks fans to be upset

I agree AV should be fired... Guy seems like a smug jackass in his interviews and always the one complaining about reffing after losses

Edited by joesuffP, 06 May 2013 - 12:38 AM.

#53 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:43 AM

He did the same thing to Luongo last year against the Kings too.  Luongo was in no way a factor for why they were losing to the Kings.

Frankly I'm amazed AV has kept his job this long.  I think he plays a large part in the whining, spineless culture that seems prevalent in Vancouver.   There's good players on that team, but man something is off. 

I don't even particularly care for Luongo but man they've jerked him around.  Bad talent management.

#54 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

He did the same thing to Luongo last year against the Kings too.  Luongo was in no way a factor for why they were losing to the Kings.

Frankly I'm amazed AV has kept his job this long.  I think he plays a large part in the whining, spineless culture that seems prevalent in Vancouver.   There's good players on that team, but man something is off. 

I don't even particularly care for Luongo but man they've jerked him around.  Bad talent management.

Same opinion of Luongo, but that's slowly changed over the past few months. He's handled being thrown under the bus and treated like crap like a professional. He's been nothing but classy about it when he had every right to complain about being treated poorly. 

This. I'm surrounded by Canucks fans and all I ever hear is how much they hate their goalie (regardless of which one is in net) but while their goaltending is definitely an issue, they lost that cup in 2010 because of how I disciplined they are. Boston made them mad and they couldn't keep their cool.

2011*

#55 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

Same opinion of Luongo, but that's slowly changed over the past few months. He's handled being thrown under the bus and treated like crap like a professional. He's been nothing but classy about it when he had every right to complain about being treated poorly.

I agree.

They've not treated him well there and he's handled it as a consummate professional. It's not that I dislike the guy, just making the disclaimer that I have never particularly been a fan.

But he's a good player who would definitely benefit if they moved him. He's got to be dying to get out of Vancouver and get a fresh start at this point.

Maybe it's just the creepiness of having to sign and deal with identical twins as a package deal that makes the whole franchise spooky.

#56 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

I agree.

They've not treated him well there and he's handled it as a consummate professional. It's not that I dislike the guy, just making the disclaimer that I have never particularly been a fan.

But he's a good player who would definitely benefit if they moved him. He's got to be dying to get out of Vancouver and get a fresh start at this point.

Maybe it's just the creepiness of having to sign and deal with identical twins as a package deal that makes the whole franchise spooky.

Not to mention this was once the captain of that franchise. I think he'd really thrive returning to Florida or going to a place that needs an established goalie like Toronto or Tampa. 

#57 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

AV's handling of their goaltenders is an issue and will probably get him fired, but VAN's real problem is that they're not scoring! 

5 goals in 3 games.  Cycling the puck around the perimeter. No real scoring chances. Of course you're down 0-3.

...but just like Howard, Lou can't score goals.  So it's OBVIOUSLY the goaltender not being able to keep out the puck.

It amazes me how Canucks fans, and I guess a lot of Wings fans too, are so eager to pile on their goaltending when it's essentially a non-issue in comparison to their scoring woes.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#58 Canned Heat

Canned Heat

Prospect

• 47 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

AV's handling of their goaltenders is an issue and will probably get him fired, but VAN's real problem is that they're not scoring! 

5 goals in 3 games.  Cycling the puck around the perimeter. No real scoring chances. Of course you're down 0-3.

...but just like Howard, Lou can't score goals.  So it's OBVIOUSLY the goaltender not being able to keep out the puck.

It amazes me how Canucks fans, and I guess a lot of Wings fans too, are so eager to pile on their goaltending when it's essentially a non-issue in comparison to their scoring woes.

I agree . . . 5 goals in 3 games won't cut it.  Some of the credit goes to Niemi.  He is playing like three years ago, when the Hawks won the Cup.

#59 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

When the Wings lose, the only thing that consoles me is to see the Canucks fail and do worst.  So far, they are helping.   

#60 uncle ovipositor

uncle ovipositor

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

Lou playing well makes their organization look terrible. I'm in favor of it. And now they have to decide who starts game 4 - the better goalie or the chosen goalie. At this point, both options are bad. Even if Schneider plays well (unlike this game) nobody's going to trust him one game to the next. Everything they do is gas on the fire.

Couldn't happen to a better team.

In the post-game interview, Thornton said, "We're just really happy we didn't have to face Luongo again." Perfect.

Meanwhile, the Nucks have pretty much played 4 D for the whole series. They're not in this to go long.