• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF - (6) Sharks vs. (3) Canucks

Rate this topic

What an awful call to end a series. Since when is a shoulder on shoulder hit considered boarding. And of course it was the center ice ref that makes the call and not the guy 2 feet away. Sharks had twice the amount of power plays than the Canucks. Where have I seen that before?

What an awful call to end a series. Since when is a shoulder on shoulder hit considered boarding. And of course it was the center ice ref that makes the call and not the guy 2 feet away. Sharks had twice the amount of power plays than the Canucks. Where have I seen that before?

But are we really upset that the Nucks were swept? Nooooooope! I will admit I'd rather have seen the ice rink open up and swallow both teams, but the Nucks are one of the most obnoxious teams with one of the worst fan bases in the NHL.

Edited by jthiel86

But are we really upset that the Nucks were swept? Nooooooope!

Exactly.

The last call was pretty weak but do people really think that the Canucks somehow got screwed by the officials this series because of the Sharks diving? Both teams have done more than their fair share of diving this playoffs (and in their previous matchups).

The flopping both ways when these two teams get together is disgraceful to watch.

The last call was pretty weak but do people really think that the Canucks somehow got screwed by the officials this series because of the Sharks diving? Both teams have done more than their fair share of diving this playoffs (and in their previous matchups).

Canucks complaining about the other team diving?

hell froze over...

I'm wondering if there are any pickings from the Canucks carcass ... Edler? Can we bring him to top 4 status with our structure and group of Dman? No way they let Hamhuis go, he was one of their best players. I'd take Burrows. Not sure if I want anyone else on that pansy team. Maybe Kassian so he can play with his hero Bert ... maybe we can turn him into a Bert 2.0.

Edited by RedWingsRox

I've gotta admit, not a Sharks fan by any stretch, and they will choke in the next round and be by the side of the road, but I LOVE seeing Vancouver swept. Too Douchy.

What if a Shark player dives and hits his head on ice and gets concussion like symptoms? Will Shanahan give him a suspension? (Sort of like Corey Perry dorking himself in the face with his own stick).

I am sure nearest opposing player even if they are 3 feet away will get the penalty.

Canucks getting a taste of what we felt in 2011. The Sharks have DOUBLED the amount of powerplays that the Canucks have had this series. 26-13.

******* league trying to build a latino market by favouring South West teams like the Sharks, and Ducks

I've been saying that for years. You forgot Kings. Also the CA outdoor game? WTF?

That's all we need is some of those stupid annoying soccer horns at hockey games.

Edited by WINGS TILL DEATH

I watched the penalty again today. You can clearly see the ref right next to Sedin and Wingles not raise his arm or call anything after the hit. After Wingles is down the ref FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ICE makes a call. How the hell can this go on?

Uncle Gary says: "We have the best officials of any major sport. The WWE is a distant second, so far behind you can't even see them in the rearview mirror."

As for Vancouver, how many heads will roll?

As long as Burrows' rolls right to Detroit...

I didn't see a whole lot of this series, but what I DID watch didn't look like playoff hockey to me. The play was kind of slow, lacked intensity, and was pretty boring. Schneider looked like s***...

I think SJ will have some adjustments to make for whoever they play in the 2nd round. Whoever they play will be ALOT tougher than Van. Imagine if they play the Blues or the Kings? They'll get killed.

I watched the penalty again today. You can clearly see the ref right next to Sedin and Wingles not raise his arm or call anything after the hit. After Wingles is down the ref FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ICE makes a call. How the hell can this go on?

In a way I feel for the Nucks. The Wings had to put up with this crap for two years straight going against SJ in the playoffs. But in another way it's like the Nucks got a taste of their own medicine.

In a way I feel for the Nucks. The Wings had to put up with this crap for two years straight going against SJ in the playoffs. But in another way it's like the Nucks got a taste of their own medicine.

The 'Nucks can lay blame on the refs for questionable calls, especially Sutherland's, which led to the OT winner. But . . come on . . getting swept out of the first round seems to point to the fact that the better team won. Lay the blame on the players (especially on the Canucks PK). They played their best in Game 4. By then, it was too late.

Edited by Canned Heat

Maybe my brain is just contrarian but in this day and age of parity, getting swept actually makes me think something else was at play. Sweeps seem rare in this day and age, but this is completely anecdotal and the stats probably don't back me up :)

Hopefully they'll finally move Luongo, for his sake. He really has handled this whole debacle as a total pro.

And it'd never happen but I'd still love to have Kesler on the Wings, in spite of his antics there's a great player under there.

But they'll need to make some serious moves. I forgot the Nucks have the highest cap in the league at over $70 mill. They're already over next year's cap with their contract commitments.