• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF - (6) Sharks vs. (3) Canucks

Rate this topic

Either way you slice it, 1 of the teams I hate are gone from the playoffs. There's 1 in the win column. Now lets can the Sharks in the 2nd round, Isles should upset the Pens, and the Sens can get rid of the Habs and I'll be happy. From there, I'd be happy with whatever happens.

Hopefully they'll finally move Luongo, for his sake. He really has handled this whole debacle as a total pro.

And it'd never happen but I'd still love to have Kesler on the Wings, in spite of his antics there's a great player under there.

But they'll need to make some serious moves. I forgot the Nucks have the highest cap in the league at over $70 mill. They're already over next year's cap with their contract commitments.

I thought the Wild had the highest? If Pronger wasn't on the IR the Flyers are sitting at about 73 mil I think going into the summer. They should have bought out Pronger during the season and Bryzgablob in the offseason. The Canucks though have some real issues. People think were soft? That team is a bag of marshmallows.

Guest Crymson
I thought the Wild had the highest? If Pronger wasn't on the IR the Flyers are sitting at about 73 mil I think going into the summer. They should have bought out Pronger during the season and Bryzgablob in the offseason. The Canucks though have some real issues. People think were soft? That team is a bag of marshmallows.

Players on LTIR cannot be bought out.

And it'd never happen but I'd still love to have Kesler on the Wings, in spite of his antics there's a great player under there.

Not to mention . . . the U.S. National Team come Sochi Olympics. Will have a fightiin' chance next year (again), with probably Quick in goal, and the "core" guys with a previous Olympic Games under thier belts (Kessler, Parise, Suter, Pavelski, Kane, Bobby Ryan, Backes, Kesler), but that's for another thread.

Edited by Canned Heat

I have ful confidence that Vancouver would have lost this series, as they were not the better team. The Nucks did get a taste of their own medicine and collapsed in a horrible fashion, which I think it was about time it happened. That, however, should serve as no excuse for how bad the officiating was. I am not saying every call was made up, but there were some completely rotten calls made. If a team is going to lose, let them lose.

Either way you slice it, 1 of the teams I hate are gone from the playoffs. There's 1 in the win column. Now lets can the Sharks in the 2nd round, Isles should upset the Pens, and the Sens can get rid of the Habs and I'll be happy. From there, I'd be happy with whatever happens.

If you go by spending alone then according to Capgeek the Flyers are the highest. Factoring in bonuses and LTIR it has both the Canucks and Wild at the top with zero cap space.

Hopefully they'll finally move Luongo, for his sake. He really has handled this whole debacle as a total pro.

But they'll need to make some serious moves. I forgot the Nucks have the highest cap in the league at over $70 mill. They're already over next year's cap with their contract commitments.

Watching the handshake line you could see Luongo cracking a smile here and there, and definitely looking like he was trying to hide it. I honestly do believe he is glad this is over.

Watching the handshake line you could see Luongo cracking a smile here and there, and definitely looking like he was trying to hide it. I honestly do believe he is glad this is over.

I really do hope they move him, its sad to see him playing iPad games on the bench.

A big deal needed to move him like that (maybe even a three-team deal) should shake up the market and create some activity.

iKQYQJU.jpg

Hopefully this will humble some of their more idiotic fans. God they were intolerable a couple seasons ago.

But honestly getting swept may have saved them from a few more years of playoff disappointments by spurring management to make more dramatic moves. Like ending the goalie debacle with luongo.

End of season pressers are always difficult to watch.

What I've taken from the canuck's presser:

- It's time for a new landscape.

- Their gonna hit the reset button (MG's 2 Go to lines that may sound convincing but in all likelihood mean nothing).

- Their deadset on trading away the only goalie that seemed to show up this series.

- MG needs to take better care of himself, because he looks horrible. And they need to give him a bucket for his next presser-the floor under him is probably soaked.

- Ticket prices are going up- always good.

- The Sedin's "like their team."

- Kesler doesn't.

Players on LTIR cannot be bought out.

Interesting news. The Flyers are f***ed then. They have Pronger on the books for what, 4 more years? That team is going to be mediocre until they rid themselves of his contract, cause he can't sit on LTIR for the next 4 years.

Apparently Edler may be available as well. He'll get some attention from a team that needs a steady Dman.

I'm a diehard canucks fan who came here through some random google search.

Thank you wings fans for being far classier about the state of officiating in this league

Also I must say You have a good former canuck on your team.

As for the people saying Kessler is like a Kinder surprize egg, Oh wait those are banned in USA I better make another analagy, Fine a Normal egg, and that Deep inside there is a Yoke that is a good player sorrounded by a white of dving yapping etc

I've seen him over the years go from much much worse to what he is now.

He kinda reminds me of Dr Bruce Banner, He has one gear he uses most of the time and then he has BEASTMODE
I'd hate to lose him

Anyway I found some stats another canuck person put together on the reffing in our series

I thought you might find it interesting seeing as how I could see the sharks being handed the series they played against you guys over the last couple years as also plausable.

Here's a breakdown of the PP opportunities given to each team according to the refs. (Barring any unintentional transcription errors. Feel free to fact check!)

Referees: Eric Furlatt, Francois St. Laurent

May 1 - Van/SJ
PPs: SJ - 4, Van - 2
PIM: SJ - 6, Van - 10
May 4 - NYR/Wash
PPs: NYR - 3, Wash - 2
PIM: NYR - 8, Wash - 10
May 6 - Ana/Det
PPs: Ana - 3, Det - 1
PIM: Ana - 2, Det - 6

Game with the greatest PP disparity: Tie between Van/SJ & Ana/Det
Team with the most PP opportunities: SJ
Most penalized team: Tie between Vancouver & Washington

Referees: Tom Kowal, Brad Watson

April 30 - Det/Ana
PPs: Det - 4, Ana - 4
PIM: Det - 8, Ana - 8
May 3 - Van/SJ
PPs: SJ - 5, Van - 3
PIM: SJ - 6, Van - 10
May 5 - Chi/Minn
PPs: Chi - 2, Minn - 3
PIM: Chi - 8, Minn - 6

Game with the greatest PP disparity: Van/SJ
Most penalized team: Vancouver

Referees: Marc Joannette, Brian Pochmara

Apr 30 - LA/STL
PPs: LA - 2, STL - 5
PIM: LA - 12, STL - 8
May 3 - Minn/Chi
PPs: Minn - 2, Chi - 4
PIM: Minn - 10, Chi - 6
May 5 - Van/SJ
PPs: SJ - 8, Van - 2
PIM: SJ - 8, Van - 22

Most penalized team: Vancouver

Referees: Chris Lee, Kelly Sutherland

May 1 - Tor/Bos
PPs: Tor - 3, Bos - 5
PIM: Tor - 39, Bos - 13
May 3 - Pitt/NYI
PPs: Pitt - 4, NYI - 4
PIM: Pitt - 15, NYI - 15
May 7 - Van/SJ
PPs: Van - 3, SJ - 7
PIM: SJ - 6, Van - 24

Most penalized team: Toronto (NOTE: Toronto receive 2 misconducts totaling 20 PIM, and still only ended up with 15 more PIM than Vancouver.)

It seems pretty freaking amazing to me that 4 different sets of refs gave SJ more PP opportunities than any other team in games they've worked during these playoffs thus far, especially given all of the fights, cheap shots that led to suspensions and other such mayhem that has been pretty common in some of those series but our games had none of.

The PP disparity might make sense if other teams were getting a lot more PIM than Vancouver but the PPs were just a little more equal due to both teams being penalized for dirty stuff, but that's doesn't seem to be the case. Vancouver was the most penalized teams in every ref pairing's games except Lee & Sutherland and that's only because of 2 misconducts received by Toronto which put them 15 minutes above us. Without those 2 penalties, we would have still gotten more. And remember, all of our penalties were 2-minute minors. Even with those misconducts, the PP opportunity disparity in that game was only 2. The PP disparity in our game 4 was double that.

How does all of that not come across as suspicious?

I can't find my source on this right now but when I do find the source posters name I will come back and give the credit due to him.

Anyways GO WINGS, You are now my team in the west this year, I can't stand CHI or LAK or ANA,

Wonder how much of a raise the Sedins are going to think they deserve come next summer.