• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Cajanek_Spielmacher

Cajanek_Spielmacher

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

The Kings and Blues played a spirited series that included 6 1 goal games with 2 of them going to overtime. The series was either tied or a 1 goal differential for all but 5 minutes of game time. I am heartbroken and a little peeved at a few of our players, BUT we played the defending Stanley Cup Champions to a standstill and woulda, shoulda, coulda beaten them. WE DID NOT and now I am going to sit back and see what this KINGS team does the rest of the playoffs. I WILL SAY that if they return to the finals I will be a bit bipolar in my feelings. Glad because they were that good and Sad because we were almost right there!

PRIDE-PASSION-DETERMINATION-FAITH-ST.LOUIS BLUES----

#62 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

You won't have to worry about the Kings making it back to the finals.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#63 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Save for the Wings Ducks series this was easily the best, the Kings are going to make it to the WCF again this year no question. Also this is good for the Wings, less money for the Blues = they wont be able to re-sign Shattenkirk AND Pietrangelo :)

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#64 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

Save for the Wings Ducks series this was easily the best, the Kings are going to make it to the WCF again this year no question. Also this is good for the Wings, less money for the Blues = they wont be able to re-sign Shattenkirk AND Pietrangelo :)

Yes, thinking about the teams they may play (Anaheim or SJ) I think the Kings match up pretty good with both of them.  Of course I cannot stand the Sharts and if Anaheim beats us then I would want them eliminated as well. So if it cannot be us, it does look like a Chicago-LA WCF is a safe bet...once that far, anything could happen so I guess my post is off base a bit...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#65 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

Yes, thinking about the teams they may play (Anaheim or SJ) I think the Kings match up pretty good with both of them.  Of course I cannot stand the Sharts and if Anaheim beats us then I would want them eliminated as well. So if it cannot be us, it does look like a Chicago-LA WCF is a safe bet...once that far, anything could happen so I guess my post is off base a bit...

Laughs Blacktankers versus the Kings should be a very good matchup for the Kings, they match up well against them. Kings are big, loaded and confident :-)

kftx.jpg

#66 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

Not a lot of discussion over on LGBlows about the Wings/ducks series.  cprice12 is still a complete no-show.

I want us to win game 7 just to spite the hateful fans of St. Louis and ask them which team is in the 2nd round?

Don't care if we get swept by Chicago even.  Blues fans should learn some humility.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#67 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

Even with their deadline acquisitions - Bouwmeister and Leopold they didn't make it past 6 games.  

#68 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

I really don't ever want a team to win back to back cups unless its the red wings

#69 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

I really don't ever want a team to win back to back cups unless its the red wings

It's bound to happen one day whether we like it or not. And in good likelihood it'll be the Pens or the Hawks.

bringit.jpg

#70 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

It's bound to happen one day whether we like it or not. And in good likelihood it'll be the Pens or the Hawks.

the two heavy tankers I guess the league would be having a private party if that ever happens.

kftx.jpg