• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

Money on the Board - playoff style!

Rate this topic

This is our 3rd annual Money on the Board! For those who are new to this, we pledge X amount of money toward X achievement on the part of the Wings. My pledges have always been just per round the Wings make it through, but many others get a lot more creative than that. Some pledge per blocked shot, goal by a certain player, what they have for breakfast (jk), etc. Come up with your own pledge for any amount, and don't be shy.

Once there are no more opportunities available to add to our total, you add up what your pledge is and send it to me. The amount doesn't matter - it all goes to Children's Hospital and they will be thrilled with whatever contribution we can give.

Thanks so much to past, present and future participants, whether in donations or spirit and

LET'S GO WINGS!

YEAH! One of the best traditions ever. You know I'm in!

I'm going with a little twist on my usual. (Don't worry- I'll keep my own running tab.)

$1 for each goal scored by a player after whom I have named a hamster (assuming he's still with the Wings and not scoring for another team).

An additional $10 if any of the above goals is the GWG goal that gives us the series win.

An additional $50 if it is the GWG that wins us the Cup.

I will again keep a running tab in my signature.

Thanks, Catherine, and GO WINGS!!!

Still a helluva'n idea. THANKS again, Catherine. I have none of Karen's creativity when it comes to how to set this up, and we only have two dogs already named Dave and Mylie; so I'm gonna say $5 per goal and $5 per shutout, throughout however far they go. Yeah, it could hurt but in a good way! And there can't be as much pain as our guys will probably go through fighting off the cheapshots from the Quackers, et al.

LET'S GO, RED WINGS!!

$5.00 per goal as far as they can take it!

$5.00 per shutout has far as they can take it!

Guest RedWingsDad

$5.00 every time Mick says one of the following:

- Holy Jumpin'

- Donnybrook

- He left his x (where x equals some paraphernalia) hanging from the x (where x equals some object above ice level)

- Anything about Fort St.

I was going to offer $1.00 every time Mick makes a non-positive comment about the officiating and another $1.00 every time Ken comes to the defense of the officials with a generalization (e.g. things move real fast, they have a hard job...)... but I fear I would go broke, and would spend half the game tallying up the occurrences.

Edit: I’m going to do a $10.00 a game limit in case Mick get's carried away with his Mickeyisms.

Edited by RedWingsDad

I'm going to pledge X cents for each scoring jersey number (example: 13 cents each time Datsyuk scores, etc) with double for powerplay goals and triple for shorties. I'll keep track of it myself (and will round up generously!)

Edit: I forgot to add that I will also factor in multi-goal games!

Edited by troubadour

Hope you don't mind but I have put a similar thread on www.kingdomofthegiants.com (Belfast Giants) fans forum and we are going to pick a local Northern Ireland charity to donate to.

As we all support various NHL teams (mine obviously being the Wings) so hopefully we'll get a few quid in the pot, I'll let you know how it goes.

I've gone $2 Franzen goal, $10 series win & $10 shut out!

And just as a bumper $5 per victim "Kronwalled"

You guys rock! I hope we break the bank this year.

Hope you don't mind but I have put a similar thread on www.kingdomofthegiants.com (Belfast Giants) fans forum and we are going to pick a local Northern Ireland charity to donate to.

Not at all! It always good to give. I say kudos.

$5.00 every time Mick says one of the following:

- Holy Jumpin'

- Donnybrook

- He left his x (where x equals some paraphernalia) hanging from the x (where x equals some object above ice level)

- Anything about Fort St.

I was going to offer $1.00 every time Mick makes a non-positive comment about the officiating and another $1.00 every time Ken comes to the defense of the officials with a generalization (e.g. things move real fast, they have a hard job...)... but I fear I would go broke, and would spend half the game tallying up the occurrences.

Edit: I’m going to do a $10.00 a game limit in case Mick get's carried away with his Mickeyisms.

Pfffft. Mickey will hit $10 a game every time! That's only 2 per game. Number 1 alone will take care of that. :lol:

1$ for every LOSS by both Pittsburgh and Chicago.

$10 if/when someone knocks off the Pens (and an extra $5 if its the Islanders in the first round or the Red Wings in the finals).

LET'S GO WINGS!!! MAKE ME PAY!!!

I like your style. :)

Not trying to sound skeptical here, but how do we know our money is going to charity? I know it's not a ton of money, but it would be nice to know that my money isn't going into the pocket of a mod on LGW (who curiously hasn't posted their own donation on this thread). I truly don't think there is a scam going on here. I'm just wondering if there is any way to prove or verify where this money is going, cause I'm sure that would entice a few more ppl into donating (myself included).

Not trying to sound skeptical here, but how do we know our money is going to charity? I know it's not a ton of money, but it would be nice to know that my money isn't going into the pocket of a mod on LGW (who curiously hasn't posted their own donation on this thread). I truly don't think there is a scam going on here. I'm just wondering if there is any way to prove or verify where this money is going, cause I'm sure that would entice a few more ppl into donating (myself included).

I've given before. She once posted a thank-you that she got.

She's gone to quite some trouble to find a good charity that would take our donation. Plus I think that there are people on here who know her personally and can vouch for her. Of course, then you have to find people who will vouch for them...

First MOTB thread: http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/69062-money-on-the-board-playoff-style/?hl=%2Bmoney+%2Bboard

Matt's confirmation money went to charity: http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/69798-lgw-members-donate-87540-to-childrens-hospital-of-michigan/?hl=%2Bmoney+%2Bboard

2nd MOTB thread: http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/72090-money-on-the-board-playoff-style/?hl=%20money%20%20board

Discussion of donation issues: http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/73051-money-on-the-board-conundrum/?hl=%2Bmoney+%2Bboard

Receipt from StandUp2Cancer: Thank you for taking a stand against cancer! Together, we have the power to change the face of cancer research. 100% of donations received from the public go to fund collaborative, innovative research. Each day brings us one step closer to turning every cancer patient into a cancer survivor. THIS IS YOUR RECEIPT - PLEASE RETAIN IT FOR YOUR RECORDS You made your contribution on 09/07/2012 at 18:01:42 Your confirmation number is WG01037062 Your donation amount: $175.00 If you have any questions regarding your donation, please contact our Donor Services Team at donation@standup2cancer.org or by calling 1-800-204-5809. Please reference the confirmation number above. Keep up with SU2C news by following us on Facebook or Twitter. Your employer may also match your donation to Stand Up To Cancer (a program of the Entertainment Industry Foundation); check with your human resources department to see if your company has a matching gift program. Once again, we thank you for joining us as we stand up to cancer. Sincerely, Stand Up To Cancer

If you would like to pledge for Money on the Board, go ahead a pledge. When donation time comes, write a check instead of using Paypal. Checks are made out to Children's Hospital.

I still haven't decided what my donation is - I only pledge for a series win. Right now it's 20 bucks, but I'm hoping that I can up that.

I hope this dispels any reservations you have about contributing.

Well, last night's game was great, except for losing DeKeyser. And I had him in for $5 for each point. So I'll make like Babs, and adjust my lineup.

Instead of $5 for each DeKeyser point, I'll change it to $5 for each Abby point, and add $20 to my total for the 4 points Danny would have gotten.

GO WINGS!!!

I updated my first post and sig, but wanted to add that I will be factoring in multi-goal games as well-double for two goals, triple for a hatty, etc. Last night Mule cost me $5.76 with just his two goals, hopefully he keeps it up and breaks the bank!

I have the board administrator's verification, stated my pledge and gave you the option to make out a check to Children's Hospital. I think I've covered everything. We're all waiting on your pledge now.

To 55fan, troubadour and Peadydog, thanks so much for really going out of your way to help make this successful.

I've given before. She once posted a thank-you that she got.

She's gone to quite some trouble to find a good charity that would take our donation. Plus I think that there are people on here who know her personally and can vouch for her. Of course, then you have to find people who will vouch for them...

I'll vouch for you.