• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

Money on the Board - playoff style!

Rate this topic

Not trying to sound skeptical here, but how do we know our money is going to charity? I know it's not a ton of money, but it would be nice to know that my money isn't going into the pocket of a mod on LGW (who curiously hasn't posted their own donation on this thread). I truly don't think there is a scam going on here. I'm just wondering if there is any way to prove or verify where this money is going, cause I'm sure that would entice a few more ppl into donating (myself included).

If I remember correctly, one of the years we all saw the thank-you letter from the charity that received our money.

This is for real, so go ahead AND PUT YOUR MONEY ON THE BOARD!!

I have the board administrator's verification, stated my pledge and gave you the option to make out a check to Children's Hospital. I think I've covered everything. We're all waiting on your pledge now.

To 55fan, troubadour and Peadydog, thanks so much for really going out of your way to help make this successful.

To Vladdy16- Thanks so much for doing this!

Not so much as a single dollar last night. $5 if Abby escapes the Shanaban.

EDIT after the fact: Well, that didn't do diddly. Just proves that Shanny hates children :ninja:

Hopefully we will regroup, rally, and get some cash for this as well as some wins.

Edited by 55fan

Guest RedWingsDad

I think I should have picked something less abstract... due to interruptions or generally not paying well enough attention I don't have an accurate count of Mick's Mickeyism's.... I will probably just guesstimate an amount and donate when all is said and done. That being said, he has been surprisingly mum on his typical colorful remarks... at least when I have been paying attention.

Edited by RedWingsDad

I need to make an addendum as well Karen! Since it looks like Toots may not reinserted in the series, I would like to offer Bert his money on the board. So, 2 bucks for every Bert fight, 2 bucks for every Bert goal AND since OT has been a pattern, I want to add 5 bucks for any RED WINGS OT winner. LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!

I think I should have picked something less abstract... due to interruptions or generally not paying well enough attention I don't have an accurate count of Mick's Mickeyism's.... I will probably just guesstimate an amount and donate when all is said and done. That being said, he has been surprisingly mum on his typical colorful remarks... at least when I have been paying attention.

Yeah, that was a tough one - a beer or two and counting is futile.

Vladifan is on vacation and has asked me to track her total, which is much easier - she's up to 45 bucks already.

Yeah, that was a tough one - a beer or two and counting is futile.

Vladifan is on vacation and has asked me to track her total, which is much easier - she's up to 45 bucks already.

Awesome! Thanks again fir setting this up

Speaking of Vladifan, it seems she lied. Big time. She is about to waffle, welch, and wuss out at keeping her pledge at $5 a goal. God love them Wangs and I fervently hope they'll keep playing out of their heads but bankruptcy ain't an option. My zeal was obviously bigger than my wallet. SO. Let's round the present amount out to $100 and from now on let's put it at $1.00 a goal. I should be able to take it over sometime this Wednesday, Catherine. THANKS!!

*ducking, dodging, weaving*

Speaking of Vladifan, it seems she lied. Big time. She is about to waffle, welch, and wuss out at keeping her pledge at $5 a goal. God love them Wangs and I fervently hope they'll keep playing out of their heads but bankruptcy ain't an option. My zeal was obviously bigger than my wallet. SO. Let's round the present amount out to $100 and from now on let's put it at $1.00 a goal. I should be able to take it over sometime this Wednesday, Catherine. THANKS!!

*ducking, dodging, weaving*

Don't feel bad. I did the same thing last year, but I welched out before the playoffs had even started. For some reason, I had mis-remembered what I had done the year before and over-did it. Once I realized how deep I'd be in, I had to take it back and make it more like what I have this year.

Had I known we wouldn't go far last year, I'd have kept it.

Not trying to sound skeptical here, but how do we know our money is going to charity? I know it's not a ton of money, but it would be nice to know that my money isn't going into the pocket of a mod on LGW (who curiously hasn't posted their own donation on this thread). I truly don't think there is a scam going on here. I'm just wondering if there is any way to prove or verify where this money is going, cause I'm sure that would entice a few more ppl into donating (myself included).

Well, I guess this guy was just trying to embarrass me publicly and never intended to pledge - I PM'd him yesterday asking where his donation is according to his own post, and he hasn't responded, nor has he posted a pledge. TDRW, if you're not embarrassed yet, you should be.

Well, I guess this guy was just trying to embarrass me publicly and never intended to pledge - I PM'd him yesterday asking where his donation is according to his own post, and he hasn't responded, nor has he posted a pledge. TDRW, if you're not embarrassed yet, you should be.

How is asking for verification trying to embarrass you? After all, it is the Internet.

Edited by T.Low

How is asking for verification trying to embarrass you? After all, it is the Internet.

He wasn't trying to embarrass by asking for verification. It was the fact that after receiving all the verification, he never put up any money like said he would. So, the conclusion to be drawn isn't that he really wanted to pledge but was doing his due diligence before hand (which is what we all should do), but rather that he was being a dick.