• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

Money on the Board - playoff style!

Rate this topic

Got yours today, Vladifan - thanks a bunch! And thanks for the note. :blushing: I couldn't do it without you guys!

Just so's the rest of you know, I put a note in with the check that said something like she is part of the class act that IS the Detroit Red Wings. Thanks, kiddo, for all your hard work.

I've received the final donation - all I have to do is deposit Vladifan's check and transfer the money to my PayPal account and I'll be sending our donation off to Children's Hospital. I've composed a letter to Ilitch Holdings to inform them of our intent, and I'd like a critique, please. I could wax poetic for pages and pages, but wanted to keep it simple. However, I feel like I'm missing something important.

Dear Ilitch Holdings:

During the playoffs, we at LetsGoWings.com do what we call “Money On The Board.” Willing members pledge whatever their wild imaginations can come up with for as long as the Wings are playing. We all chip in whatever we owe and donate it to charity when the playoffs are over for Detroit.

Three years ago we donated the proceeds to Children's Hospital in honor of the site administrator, Matthew Schwartz. Last year we attempted to donate to Ilitch Charities, but our donation was never “approved,” whatever that entails. We then sent the money to StandUp2Cancer in honor of Craig McCarty.

This year, we realized that none of this would be possible without Mike and Marian Ilitch; their commitment to the City of Detroit and, for us, the Red Wings in particular (!) is invaluable and has literally changed the lives of those of us who are old enough to remember before 1983 and for the new fans that have come along since. So on behalf of LetsGoWings.com and Wings fans all over the world, we would like to thank Mr. and Mrs. Ilitch by once again donating to Children's Hospital, this time in their honor.

Thank you so much for your incredible and continuing commitment to Detroit.

Sincerely,

Red Wings Nation

I've received the final donation - all I have to do is deposit Vladifan's check and transfer the money to my PayPal account and I'll be sending our donation off to Children's Hospital. I've composed a letter to Ilitch Holdings to inform them of our intent, and I'd like a critique, please. I could wax poetic for pages and pages, but wanted to keep it simple. However, I feel like I'm missing something important.

Dear Ilitch Holdings:

During the playoffs, we at LetsGoWings.com do what we call “Money On The Board.” Willing members pledge whatever their wild imaginations can come up with for as long as the Wings are playing. We all chip in whatever we owe and donate it to charity when the playoffs are over for Detroit.

Three years ago we donated the proceeds to Children's Hospital in honor of the site administrator, Matthew Schwartz. Last year we attempted to donate to Ilitch Charities, but our donation was never “approved,” whatever that entails. We then sent the money to StandUp2Cancer in honor of Craig McCarty.

This year, we realized that none of this would be possible without Mike and Marian Ilitch; their commitment to the City of Detroit and, for us, the Red Wings in particular (!) is invaluable and has literally changed the lives of those of us who are old enough to remember before 1983 and for the new fans that have come along since. So on behalf of LetsGoWings.com and Wings fans all over the world, we would like to thank Mr. and Mrs. Ilitch by once again donating to Children's Hospital, this time in their honor.

Sincerely,

Red Wings Nation

I honestly don't see anything I think you missed. I especially liked the statement about "those of us who are old enough". OK, so I didn't get 'here' till '94, but I'm with you all the way in the thought. Thanks, vladdy16!

Dear Ilitch Holdings:

Sincerely,

Red Wings Nation

As one who is old enough to remember (but young enough to still have my memory intact!), this is great. Thanks!

Okay, folks, $573.36 just sent to Children's!! WOO HOO. Sorry I can't take a screen shot for some reason - all it does is give me a new browser tab no matter what I do. I've copied and pasted pertinent, non-personal information below. Don't ask me why "Birthday" shows up - I chose the "other" option and typed out "Thank you."

Thank you for your donation to the Children's Hospital of Michigan Foundation. A formal thank you letter will be mailed to the address indicated on the donation form which will also serve as your receipt for tax purposes. Please contact us at (313) 964-6994 if you any questions about your contribution.

Thank you again for your support which will help improve the lives of children and their families.

Sincerely,
Children's Hospital of Michigan Foundation

Please print the following for your records:

Transaction Summary

Transaction Date:

6/5/13

Level:

Enter an amount.

Amount:

$573.36

Gift Designation:

Use my gift where most needed.