• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

Addendum:  After wishing like crazy that Mule would bury a third puck last night, I have decided to add the following:

An additional $5 for a hat trick scored by a player after whom I've named a hamster.

#22 Peadydog

Peadydog

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

Well, last night's game was great, except for losing DeKeyser.  And I had him in for $5 for each point.  So I'll make like Babs, and adjust my lineup.

Instead of $5 for each DeKeyser point, I'll change it to $5 for each Abby point, and add $20 to my total for the 4 points Danny would have gotten.

GO WINGS!!!

#23 troubadour

troubadour

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

I updated my first post and sig, but wanted to add that I will be factoring in multi-goal games as well-double for two goals, triple for a hatty, etc. Last night Mule cost me $5.76 with just his two goals, hopefully he keeps it up and breaks the bank!

#24 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

Not trying to sound skeptical here, but how do we know our money is going to charity? I know it's not a ton of money, but it would be nice to know that my money isn't going into the pocket of a mod on LGW (who curiously hasn't posted their own donation on this thread). I truly don't think there is a scam going on here. I'm just wondering if there is any way to prove or verify where this money is going, cause I'm sure that would entice a few more ppl into donating (myself included).

I have the board administrator's verification, stated my pledge and gave you the option to make out a check to Children's Hospital.  I think I've covered everything. We're all waiting on your pledge now.  

To 55fan, troubadour and Peadydog, thanks so much for really going out of your way to help make this successful.  

I've given before.  She once posted a thank-you that she got.

She's gone to quite some trouble to find a good charity that would take our donation.  Plus I think that there are people on here who know her personally and can vouch for her.  Of course, then you have to find people who will vouch for them...

I'll vouch for you.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#25 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

Well, looks like I'm up to 12 bucks after last night's game. Woo hoo! Send me to the poor house, boys!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#26 Peadydog

Peadydog

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Not trying to sound skeptical here, but how do we know our money is going to charity? I know it's not a ton of money, but it would be nice to know that my money isn't going into the pocket of a mod on LGW (who curiously hasn't posted their own donation on this thread). I truly don't think there is a scam going on here. I'm just wondering if there is any way to prove or verify where this money is going, cause I'm sure that would entice a few more ppl into donating (myself included).

If I remember correctly, one of the years we all saw the thank-you letter from the charity that received our money.

This is for real, so go ahead AND PUT YOUR MONEY ON THE BOARD!!

I have the board administrator's verification, stated my pledge and gave you the option to make out a check to Children's Hospital.  I think I've covered everything. We're all waiting on your pledge now.  

To 55fan, troubadour and Peadydog, thanks so much for really going out of your way to help make this successful.  

To Vladdy16- Thanks so much for doing this!

#27 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Not so much as a single dollar last night.  $5 if Abby escapes the Shanaban.

EDIT after the fact:  Well, that didn't do diddly.  Just proves that Shanny hates children :ninja:

Hopefully we will regroup, rally, and get some cash for this as well as some wins.

Edited by 55fan, 05 May 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#28 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Still waiting for a Kronwalling...

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#29 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

Still waiting for a Kronwalling...

Would you settle for an Abdelkading?

#30 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Maybe if I ran a web site called that.

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#31 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

I had a feeling that would happen.

#32 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

I think I should have picked something less abstract... due to interruptions or generally not paying well enough attention I don't have an accurate count of Mick's Mickeyism's.... I will probably just guesstimate an amount and donate when all is said and done. That being said, he has been surprisingly mum on his typical colorful remarks... at least when I have been paying attention.

Edited by RedWingsDad, 07 May 2013 - 09:17 AM.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#33 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

I need to make an addendum as well Karen! Since it looks like Toots may not reinserted in the series, I would like to offer Bert his money on the board. So, 2 bucks for every Bert fight, 2 bucks for every Bert goal AND since OT has been a pattern, I want to add 5 bucks for any RED WINGS OT winner. LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#34 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

I think I should have picked something less abstract... due to interruptions or generally not paying well enough attention I don't have an accurate count of Mick's Mickeyism's.... I will probably just guesstimate an amount and donate when all is said and done. That being said, he has been surprisingly mum on his typical colorful remarks... at least when I have been paying attention.

Yeah, that was a tough one - a beer or two and counting is futile.

Vladifan is on vacation and has asked me to track her total, which is much easier - she's up to 45 bucks already.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#35 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

Yeah, that was a tough one - a beer or two and counting is futile.

Vladifan is on vacation and has asked me to track her total, which is much easier - she's up to 45 bucks already.

Awesome! Thanks again fir setting this up
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#36 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

I got an new hamster today.  Jordin Damien Gustav James.

Goals are retroactive, bringing my total up to a whopping $8.

Need more Goals!!!!! Also any SO by Jimmy nets $5.

#37 Peadydog

Peadydog

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

Great game tonight!  Cost me $8.00!  Couldn't be happier!!  I'm hoping for a great Mother's Day gift on Sunday!

#38 IILeiBlazeII

IILeiBlazeII

Top-Tier Double Backup

• Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

Aw, yeah! Series win and a shorty by Abby has $7 on the board for me! Let's keep 'er going, boys!

Maybe each of my fingers is an undulating shrimp! It's a world of possibilities.

#39 Peadydog

Peadydog

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

Woo!!  On to Round 2!!!!  I'm in for $65!!!  So happy to spend my money this way!!

#40 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

Good thing the Ducks scored that last goal.  That makes Val's the GWG, which means $10 more for the kids!

Go Wings!  Up to $23 right now.