• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

Can't you guys let me wallow for a day before wrapping this up?  :P   Thanks, Rick.  Thanks, Vladifan, for being on top of your donation as well.  For now, I am content to let the rest trickle in over the next week or so.  If anyone doesn't have PayPal, please PM me.  

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#62 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

Anyone using PayPal - you can send your donation as a gift - then PayPal doesn't take any fees.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#63 Peadydog

Peadydog

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

Anyone using PayPal - you can send your donation as a gift - then PayPal doesn't take any fees.

Sorry - didn't realize that.

#64 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

i may still have your paypal account info from last year but can you post it again? Thanks :)
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#65 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

SO sorry!  wingsdiva@gmail.com.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#66 troubadour

troubadour

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

My total was $20.98 so I just rounded up to $25. Thanks again for taking care of this!

#67 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

SO sorry!  wingsdiva@gmail.com.

It was saved in there but thanks for posting and thanks for doing this. Money sent
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#68 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

$10 a win plus the rookies scoring brought me to $85 (there may have been some rounding up)! Money sent. Thanks for doing this, wish they would have had me a little deeper into my pockets :( .

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#69 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

You should get mine today or tomorrow.  THANKS again.   :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#70 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

Got yours today, Vladifan - thanks a bunch!  And thanks for the note.  :blushing:   I couldn't do it without you guys!

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#71 Davy

Davy

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:21 AM

Hope you don't mind but I have put a similar thread on www.kingdomofthegiants.com (Belfast Giants) fans forum and we are going to pick a local Northern Ireland charity to donate to.

As we all support various NHL teams (mine obviously being the Wings) so hopefully we'll get a few quid in the pot, I'll let you know how it goes.

I've gone $2 Franzen goal, $10 series win & $10 shut out!

And just as a bumper $5 per victim "Kronwalled"

Just to add to the above it's still going on our forum as not everyone is clever enough to be a Wing!

I'm running point to gather the money over here and we will be sending it to a Northern Ireland charity called Tiny Life that supports local families with pre term babies.

Personal tally was $38 and as my mate has the Bears and Marchand, theres hopeful still plenty more to come in and as a bonus Cindy will cry.

I'll post back here after the Final and let you know the outcome!

I'm relying on their honesty as I haven't seen a score since we choked in CI.

#72 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

It's not necessary in the least, but I was wondering if you guys had any interest in doing an honor or memorial gift:

HONOR AND MEMORIAL GIFTS

A gift to the Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation is an ideal way to honor a friend, family member, community leader, organization or just someone who deserves special attention. It can also be used to celebrate special events—birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, baptisms, bar/bat mitzvahs, or family reunions.

The possibilities are endless - Mike Ilitch, many players past and present for one reason or another, a thanks to our announcers, a thanks to Matt, etc. etc. and so on.  What say you all?

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#73 Peadydog

Peadydog

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

It's not necessary in the least, but I was wondering if you guys had any interest in doing an honor or memorial gift:

HONOR AND MEMORIAL GIFTS

A gift to the Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation is an ideal way to honor a friend, family member, community leader, organization or just someone who deserves special attention. It can also be used to celebrate special events—birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, baptisms, bar/bat mitzvahs, or family reunions.

The possibilities are endless - Mike Ilitch, many players past and present for one reason or another, a thanks to our announcers, a thanks to Matt, etc. etc. and so on.  What say you all?

I think to honor Mike Illitch would be great.  I'm guessing I'm older than most of you, but I remember the days before Mr. Illitch bought the Wings.  Yes, I started being a fan in the late 60's.  I lived through Bruce Norris and The Darkness with Harkness.  My dad was a season ticket holder in the 40's, and he taught me well.  The whole reason the Wings are such a great organization starts at the top.  I remember watching games on tv when Mr. Illitch first bought the club, and during intermission seeing the Little Caesar player of the game.  He was such a promoter of youth hockey in Detroit.  I think he has earned the honor!  Great idea!

#74 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

IIRC, we did one in honour of Matt, so I guess Mike would be the next logical step.  Works for me, although I'm certainly open to entertaining other options.

#75 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

I'm down!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#76 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

All donations are in except for one!  We did AWESOME this year - our subtotal today is a whopping $538.56!!  I am so proud of you guys.  Thanks SO much for this.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#77 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

Got yours today, Vladifan - thanks a bunch!  And thanks for the note.  :blushing:   I couldn't do it without you guys!

Just so's the rest of you know, I put a note in with the check that said something like she is part of the class act that IS the Detroit Red Wings.  Thanks, kiddo, for all your hard work.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#78 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

I've received the final donation - all I have to do is deposit Vladifan's check and transfer the money to my PayPal account and I'll be sending our donation off to Children's Hospital.  I've composed a letter to Ilitch Holdings to inform them of our intent, and I'd like a critique, please.  I could wax poetic for pages and pages, but wanted to keep it simple.  However, I feel like I'm missing something important.

Dear Ilitch Holdings:

During the playoffs, we at LetsGoWings.com do what we call “Money On The Board.” Willing members pledge whatever their wild imaginations can come up with for as long as the Wings are playing. We all chip in whatever we owe and donate it to charity when the playoffs are over for Detroit.

Three years ago we donated the proceeds to Children's Hospital in honor of the site administrator, Matthew Schwartz. Last year we attempted to donate to Ilitch Charities, but our donation was never “approved,” whatever that entails. We then sent the money to StandUp2Cancer in honor of Craig McCarty.

This year, we realized that none of this would be possible without Mike and Marian Ilitch; their commitment to the City of Detroit and, for us, the Red Wings in particular (!) is invaluable and has literally changed the lives of those of us who are old enough to remember before 1983 and for the new fans that have come along since. So on behalf of LetsGoWings.com and Wings fans all over the world, we would like to thank Mr. and Mrs. Ilitch by once again donating to Children's Hospital, this time in their honor.

Thank you so much for your incredible and continuing commitment to Detroit.

Sincerely,

Red Wings Nation

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#79 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

I've received the final donation - all I have to do is deposit Vladifan's check and transfer the money to my PayPal account and I'll be sending our donation off to Children's Hospital.  I've composed a letter to Ilitch Holdings to inform them of our intent, and I'd like a critique, please.  I could wax poetic for pages and pages, but wanted to keep it simple.  However, I feel like I'm missing something important.

Dear Ilitch Holdings:

During the playoffs, we at LetsGoWings.com do what we call “Money On The Board.” Willing members pledge whatever their wild imaginations can come up with for as long as the Wings are playing. We all chip in whatever we owe and donate it to charity when the playoffs are over for Detroit.

Three years ago we donated the proceeds to Children's Hospital in honor of the site administrator, Matthew Schwartz. Last year we attempted to donate to Ilitch Charities, but our donation was never “approved,” whatever that entails. We then sent the money to StandUp2Cancer in honor of Craig McCarty.

This year, we realized that none of this would be possible without Mike and Marian Ilitch; their commitment to the City of Detroit and, for us, the Red Wings in particular (!) is invaluable and has literally changed the lives of those of us who are old enough to remember before 1983 and for the new fans that have come along since. So on behalf of LetsGoWings.com and Wings fans all over the world, we would like to thank Mr. and Mrs. Ilitch by once again donating to Children's Hospital, this time in their honor.

Sincerely,

Red Wings Nation

I honestly don't see anything I think you missed.  I especially liked the statement about "those of us who are old enough".  OK, so I didn't get 'here' till '94, but I'm with you  all the way in the thought.  Thanks, vladdy16!

#80 Peadydog

Peadydog

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

Dear Ilitch Holdings:

Sincerely,

Red Wings Nation

As one who is old enough to remember (but young enough to still have my memory intact!), this is great.  Thanks!