• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rhah

Which team entering playoffs has the most momentum?

Rate this topic

Since Columbus didn't make it, are the Wings the clear cut favorite for team with most momentum heading into the playoffs? I hope Chicago has zero momentum (considering they even rested their regulars the last game).

I don't know much about the down to the wire playoff contenders from the East.

Sure we can argue and debate that it is meaningless (and maybe it is because its always the low seeds fighting for their way in and the top seeds can coast), but there are always stories like the Kings from last year...

Guest Johnz96

Detroit. 4 straight and they really deserved the win against Vancouver in the game before that. In those 5 games not only did they win 4 of them but were dominant in all.

I'd say the Wings are the hottest team entering the playoffs! The Sens have a nice boost with Karlsson returning, but you can't argue with the dominance that the Wings showed through the last 5 of this season. Praying that the Wings don't have a let down now that they made it in! GO WINGS!

most momentum, maybe not, but definitely a team that is on a roll right now and playing its best hockey of the year is Detroit for sure. They lost 5 out of the last 10, but it is how they lost..

39 Sun, Apr 7, 2013 12:30 PM St. Louis Blues L 0-1

40 Thu, Apr 11, 2013 7:30 PM San Jose Sharks L SO 2-3

41 Fri, Apr 12, 2013 8:30 PM @ Chicago Blackhawks L SO 2-3

42 Sun, Apr 14, 2013 7:30 PM @ Nashville Predators W 3-0

43 Wed, Apr 17, 2013 9:30 PM @ Calgary Flames L 2-3

44 Sat, Apr 20, 2013 10:00 PM @ Vancouver Canucks L SO 1-2

45 Mon, Apr 22, 2013 7:30 PM Phoenix Coyotes W 4-0

46 Wed, Apr 24, 2013 7:30 PM Los Angeles Kings W 3-1

47 Thu, Apr 25, 2013 7:30 PM Nashville Predators W 5-2

48 Sat, Apr 27, 2013 7:00 PM @ Dallas Stars W 3-0

Three SO loses and two 1 goal loses. SO's could've gone either way plus they did get points out of those games. So really they only failed to get points in two of the last ten games and those games were close enough to go either way. Hell, the Calgary loss was on a couple of pooch goals that never should have happened...

I would give Detroit the nod as definitely the teams playing their best hockey coming into the playoffs, but if you look at Pitt, sure they sewed up the playoffs a while ago, but it's not like the cruised into them, they won their last 7 out of 10 games including the last 5 out of 7. Chicago won its last 9 out of 12, although good for us Anaheim did lose its last 5 out of 8 games...its going to be a great playoff and as long as we as Wings fans do not expect too much (since we barely made to the dance anyhow) we will enjoy the season as it ends. There is nothing saying that Detroit cannot keep the roll going and upset some teams and possibly win the Cup, this is, afterall, what Uncle Gary wanted when he Preached about parity. Any team can win the Cup at anytime. Look at how Detroit has played against the top 4 teams in the West all season long. They went 6-9 but of those 9 loses 5 of them were OT or SO loses. Not bad considering the decimated team we had all year long. Let's see how our current roster does against Anaheim (Wings in 5 is my prediction as long as they keep paying like they have the last 5-10 games) and go from there. Nothing would be finer than to destroy Anaheim and knock off the big dog Blackhawks in round 2. On its current roll, this team could do it, because I can see both Anaheim and Chicago being caught sleeping while the big Red Wave topples over them. It could and HAS happened, we as Wings fans the last 35+ years know this ALL TOO WELL...

A few to consider:

1991 vs. St. Louis, up 3 games to 1 only to lose in 7

1992 vs. Chicago swept by Chicago in Round 2

1993 vs. Toronto

1994 vs. San Jose

1995 vs. New Jersey

1996 vs. Colorado

1999 & 2000 vs. Colorado

2001 vs. LA

2003 vs. Anaheim

2004 vs. Calgary

2006 vs. Edmonton

2012 vs. Nashville

...all of which we were the higher seed and were expected to roll through the opposition. Sometimes it just doesn't happen (more time than not) and you can bet there will be upsets on both sides of the NHL this year as well!

Right now, I give Detroit the nod as one of the best playing teams going into the playoffs, if it continues, they will make some noise...

Edited by LeftWinger

Nah, it will be the Ducks, Blackhawks, Canucks then....are you ready? The Maple Leafs.

Beating our future conference rival will stoke the fire of the rivalry for the next season, the Winter Classic and beyond!

Ducks, blackhawks, KINGS, penguins