• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Ilya Bryzgalov.

Rate this topic

Since when does anyone expect sensationalist sports writers to be objective about anything? It has to be expected that theyre gonna pick one thing and harp on it to know end if they don't know anything about hockey.

.Goalies are the scapegoat for bad teams. Bryz is a damn good goalie, had a bad year, behind a really tough defensive team. Lots of problems in Philly, Bryzgalov wasn't great, but he wasn't the biggest issue either.

People need to understand how important a team is to a goalie's play. No other position in the game relies on other people to make your job easier. Look at how Ottawa, Blues and Phoenix always has good goalies, is it because the goalies are great, or the system makes the goalies job easier? Saw it this season wtih Howard, when the team struggled defensively so did Howard, but when the team didn't allow 10 breakaways a game his stats shoot up to the top. There isn't a Hasek type goalie in the league that can carry a crap team, the expectations on goalies is often unfair.

I like the things Bryz says. I hear he's weird, but what he said there made sense. In fact, it was almost wise. Maybe he's just too smart for his own good to thrive in a sports environment. Sports writers are among the worst paid writers in the world, after all.They seldom think critically, rely on formula and cliches to churn out article after article, and sensationalize everything. They're bad writers, too.

I wish we lived in a world where deviating from the talking points didn't make headlines.

Since when does anyone expect sensationalist sports writers to be objective about anything? It has to be expected that theyre gonna pick one thing and harp on it to know end if they don't know anything about hockey.

Since nobody wants to read the Sensationalist Hockey Page.

I think its the dying print media...there is less money for quality sports writers, so they end up hiring some ****** that doesn't know jack about the game straight out of college.

"Oh that guy that wears the big pad things and talks funny was sleeping....GOTS TO WRITE ABOUT THAT!"

I like the things Bryz says. I hear he's weird, but what he said there made sense. In fact, it was almost wise. Maybe he's just too smart for his own good to thrive in a sports environment. Sports writers are among the worst paid writers in the world, after all.They seldom think critically, rely on formula and cliches to churn out article after article, and sensationalize everything. They're bad writers, too.

I wish we lived in a world where deviating from the talking points didn't make headlines.

You just described every article Mitch Albom ever wrote.

Good for you Bryz. Every single experience with journalists that I or someone I know has had, has done nothing but reinforce my belief that they are the most arrogant, above-the-law, entitlement whores on the planet. And they really, really don't like it when anyone calls them out on it. And modern sports journalism is just the pits - trashy, simplified sensationalism.

1st rule of journalism - never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Let's just say it helps when they know a little about hockey.

Bryzgalov seems like he has lots of thought-out opinions in his head and I'm glad he doesn't shy away in expressing them even though his English isn't perfect. Sports media and fans can be so unfair. It's not like he's the first goalie to struggle in Flyers. Or maybe I should say that he isn't the first goalie who's played in Flyers team that's struggled to defend.

Being in the Phily area I know first hand there media is a joke. It's pretty blatant that a lot of the guys that write for CSN (Comcast sports net) are penguins fans or another team. There are a view good ones but more often then not they get left behind because of the meat heads that lead the way with the "controversial" articles

While it's "refreshing", a goalie using the media as a scapegoat for their lackluster season and a possible downward spiral in their career is like...

I don't think he did that. He accused the media of never being positive and not knowing much of hockey. He didn't blame them for his or his team's play.

their interest in him helps pay for his salary. Be a man and don"t pee on the little guy. You could call me the worst goalie to strap pads if I was making his money and i wouldn't turn to look. With his play lately and his yearly wage on top of it, maybe he should look in the mirror and ask..."what am I doing for the city...or the world even"