• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Colorado wins the Lottery...

Rate this topic

...fixed! Hell for the past month all I heard was how bad Colorado wants to #1 pick to get Seth Jones because of his dad Popeye being a local hero in the Denver area...wow, what a coincidence! They got the #1 pick...

Uncle Gary needs to being just a bit more stealthy....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=422036

This stinks just as much as Pittsburgh drawing Sid after Sid lived with Mario for a while....NHL is so see thru.

Guest DeGraa55

I love crazies and their conspiracy theory. Now that's its playoff time well get a lot of "refs are paid so we lose" or my favorite "the NHL hates us so that's y we lose".

Guest The Axe

I love crazies and their conspiracy theory. Now that's its playoff time well get a lot of "refs are paid so we lose" or my favorite "the NHL hates us so that's y we lose".

You do have to admit that one Kings game was retarded this year.

Guest DeGraa55

You do have to admit that one Kings game was retarded this year.

I'm not saying there isn't bad officiating because there is. But to think its intentional to force a team to loseiis crazy. The thing to remenber is it happens to every single team. At different times yea but I believe over the course of a season the "good calls" and "bad calls" are pretty even.

I still think they should get ref of the two linesman two ref thing. Let them all be refs and call penalties.

Guest The Axe

I'm not saying there isn't bad officiating because there is. But to think its intentional to force a team to loseiis crazy. The thing to remenber is it happens to every single team. At different times yea but I believe over the course of a season the "good calls" and "bad calls" are pretty even.

I still think they should get ref of the two linesman two ref thing. Let them all be refs and call penalties.

True. True.

This stinks just as much as Pittsburgh drawing Sid after Sid lived with Mario for a while....NHL is so see thru.

What are you talking about? Living with Mario before being drafted?

Colorado (along with Pittsburgh at the time) was the worst team in the league, had the best chance at getting #1 pick.

Oh well the worst teams are getting rewarded with the best picks for their *success* you gotta love the new NHL ridiculous. Would have preferred a team like Nashville, Stars or Winnipeg getting the first overall at least they didn't mail it in and tanked their way to the top pick.

I feel sorry for guys like Jones and MacKinnon incredible talents but they have to go to some penny binching p(l)ay it poor teams and uncle Gary has one more time taken care of them, same thing happened to the NHLs alltime darling called Pittsburgh.

Edited by frankgrimes

Guest DeGraa55

Oh well the worst teams are getting rewarded with the best picks for their *success* you gotta love the new NHL ridiculous. Would have preferred a team like Nashville, Stars or Winnipeg getting the first overall at least they didn't mail it in and tanked their way to the top pick.

I feel sorry for guys like Jones and MacKinnon incredible talents but they have to go to some penny binching p(l)ay it poor teams and uncle Gary has one more time taken care of them, same thing happened to the NHLs alltime darling called Pittsburgh.

Back in the dead wings era where was Detroit drafting if I may ask?

?

Isn't this how the darf system has worked for a long time? It has nothing to do with Bettman. Poor teams get a chance to get better. Nothing wrong with that. It makes the Wings 22 years in playoffs even better as they haven't had the high picks.

Oh well the worst teams are getting rewarded with the best picks for their *success* you gotta love the new NHL ridiculous.

Do you have any historical knowledge of how the draft has worked? I could be wrong, but your comment makes it seem like you have zero.

The "new" NHL is ridiculous in that it awards poor performance with the top pick? Do you realize that the NHL used to award the team with the worst record the top pick autmatically? Now, finishing last doesn't guarantee you the top pick, it actually only gives you a 25% chance of getting it (better odds than any other team though).

History is actually the complete opposite of what your complaint suggests.

...fixed! Hell for the past month all I heard was how bad Colorado wants to #1 pick to get Seth Jones because of his dad Popeye being a local hero in the Denver area...wow, what a coincidence! They got the #1 pick...

Calling Popeye jones a hero in denver is a bit of a stretch. he only played 1 season there and was a seldom-used backup during his time in Denver

Calling Popeye jones a hero in denver is a bit of a stretch. he only played 1 season there and was a seldom-used backup during his time in Denver

Yes but they lived in the area much longer. They moved from Plano, TX when Seth was around 4-5 and stayed in the Denver area until moving back to Texas when Seth was around 12. Popeye was huge in the community and had a lot of foundations in the Denver area. He only played one season there sure, but he was more of a contributor off the court than on. He became a big part of the community during the years he spent living in the Denver area...and you can bet the Avs fans will call Seth a hometown hero for sure...

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest Crymson

Uncle Gary needs to being just a bit more stealthy....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=422036

Popeye Jones is not a local hero in Denver.