• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 1 GDT : Red Wings 1, at Ducks 3. (Anaheim leads, 1-0)

Rate this topic

All-Time Playoff Games and Series

Playoff Games, Overall

591G: 313W-277L-1T

All-Time Playoff Games, Home

303G: 182W-120L-1T

All-Time Playoff Games, Away

288G: 131W-157L

All-Time Playoff Series

116 Series: 67W-49L

All-Time Playoff Games In Conference format since 1993-94

Overall

247G: 148W-99L

Home

126G: 85W-41L

Away

121G: 63W-58L

All-Time Conference Playoff Series Record in Conference Format

39 series: 27W-12L

Sorted by the number of games played and the Club’s record in the previous 39 series:

4: 8, 7W-1L

5: 7, 4W-3L

6: 18, 12W-6L

7: 6, 4W-2L

This is the 9th Conference Playoff Series without home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 8 series:
3W-5L
This is the 3rd Conference Quarter-Final Series without home-ice advantage played, with the Club’s record in the 2 previous series:
1W-1L
In Conference Playoff Series without home-ice advantage, the number of games played and the Club's record:
5G: 3, 0W-3L
6G: 3, 2W-1L
7G: 2, 1W-1L
In Conference Quarter-Final Series played without home-ice advantage, the number of games played and the Club’s record:
5G: 3, 0W-3L
7G: 4W-3L

Game One, Conference Era

This is the 39th Game One in a Conference playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 38 games:

25W-13L

This is the 32nd Game One in a Conference playoff series with home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 31 games:

23W-8L

This is the 8th Game One in a Conference playoff series without home-ice advantage, with the Club’s record in the previous 7 games:
2W-5L
This is the 17th Game One in a Conference Quarter-Final, with the Club’s record in the previous 16 games:

11W-5L

This is the 16th Game One in a Conference Quarter-Final home-ice advantage, with the Club’s record in the previous 15 games:

11W-4L

This is the 2nd Game One in a Conference Quarter-Final without home-ice advantage, with the Club’s record in the previous game:

0W-1L

All-Time Record in Game One, Last Ten
In Conference playoff series
6W-4L
In Conference Quarterfinal
6W-4L

All-Time Playoff Series v. Anaheim

This is the 5th playoff series v. San Jose, with the Club’s record in the previous 2 series:

3W-2L

All-Time Playoff Games Record v. Anaheim

Overall v. Anaheim

25G: 14W-11L

Home Playoff Games v. Anaheim

13G: 8W-5L
Away Playoff Games v. Anaheim
12G: 6W-6L

Last Ten Games, All-Time Playoff Games v. Anaheim

Overall: 4W-6L

Home: 5W-5L

Away: 4W-6L

On This Day

April 30

This is the 6th playoff game played on this day, with the Club’s record in the previous 5 games:

3W-2L

This is the 1st playoff game v. Anaheim played on this day

LGW.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

Didnt you book us for 9th place about a week and a half ago too?

i didn't anticipate nashville starting their backup. that was really nice of trotz to let the wings make the playoffs.

i didn't anticipate nashville starting their backup. that was really nice of trotz to let the wings make the playoffs.

They always come out of the woodwork when things are going right, just to try and knock us down. C'mon Wings, take this garbage out! Conks...where art thou?

3-1 Wings win.

LGRW!!!!

Guest RedWingsDad

This is going to be a very hard fought series (duh)... I say we win it, but I just hope we make it out of the series without too many injuries. At any point in the series, if we start dominating, I see the ducks trying to injure our players - i'm sure glad we have Tootoo out there to lay down the law... if we go far in the playoffs, I think Tootoo will be the wild card that makes it happen.

Edited by RedWingsDad

This is going to be a very hard fought series (duh)... I say we win it, but I just hope we make it out of the series without too many injuries. At any point in the series, if we start dominating, I see the ducks trying to injure our players - i'm sure glad we have Tootoo out there to law down the law... if we go far in the playoffs, I think Tootoo will be the wild card that makes it happen.

Dallas drake/ Darren McCarty part 2?

Goes without saying that Dats and Z > Getzlaf and Perry, so what's the deciding factor in this series? Can Abby shutdown Ryan? Will our second line out perform theirs? Goalies? How well the young kids respond to the added playoff pressure.

All the headlines are talking about the matchup of the star forwards, but I think this series is decided by everything other than what Dats, Z, Perry, and Getzlaf do.

Why mess with a good thing...

Wings get swept in the first round. Too many rookies with no playoff experience and a lack of toughness for the physicality of the playoffs. Our vets are old and decrepit, and Daniel Cleary sucks worse than that Danny Cleary guy we had last year who played on one knee all season. Unless Z's beard takes over scoring responsibilities, our Captain will burn out and his production will drop just like it always does. He's consistently inconsistent, and Dats can't save him from himself because he's too busy banging chicks and partying with Kaner. Mule is the only constant on this team, that man goes out every shift and is the definition of "compete." I dare anyone to name an athlete that works harder, but the reality is he can't carry this whole team because that's just no fun. Howard is average, blah blah blah, something about Quincey sucking, soft Euros, too many rookies/vets, did I mention Daniel/Danny/Dan Cleary sucks, Babcock's a s***ty coach, Holland worst GM ever...

Did I get everything? LGW!

Wings: 3 (Zetterberg, kronner, Abby)

Ducks: 1 (selanne)

Howard stops 30+ shots and steals Anaheim's momentum for the series.

Looking at the projected lines, I think our lines match up pretty well. The third line match ups will be very exciting if our third line goes up against theirs!

Their 4th line looks better than ours on paper, but tootoo can be a key agitator and if they play how they have been playing, we probably win that matchup as well

gotta agree. the idiots on nhl network last night were saying the wings don't have the depth the ducks have, and that the first two lines are pretty close. they way the 3rd and 4th lines are playing lately i disagree totally with their assessment of this series. of course, i'm arguing with tv tools, so i guess i shouldn't have posted this...

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

gotta agree. the idiots on nhl network last night were saying the wings don't have the depth the ducks have, and that the first two lines are pretty close. they way the 3rd and 4th lines are playing lately i disagree totally with their assessment of this series. of course, i'm arguing with tv tools, so i guess i shouldn't have posted this...

how is the wings 3rd line any sort of advantage? they may have been playing well, but they're not putting up points. nyquist has 1 point in his last 10 games.

big deal.