• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 1 GDT : Red Wings 1, at Ducks 3. (Anaheim leads, 1-0)

Rate this topic

The Wings looked timid in transition from their own zone. Too many giveaways allowing The Ducks rushing opportunities. Better team won tonight, let's make sure the same happens on thursday with the Wings being the better team. Road PK has been a problem all year, and needs to be better. Andersson should get an earful for giving Selanne the diving opportunity, and Kindl needs to be more composed on the puck. The perils of having a young, inexperienced team, I guess.

It's 7.20 AM and I'm tired, but GO WINGS.

Well, it was a disappointing game. I was hoping the team from last week would show up and play. I'm hoping this isn't the same story on Thursday because I'm actually going to that game. My first NHL playoff game and I hope to god they don't lose, or that I don't have to knock out a Ducks fan. Last time I was there to see a game the Wings got shut out and it was pathetic. Plus I got stuck in the middle of the most annoying fans on the planet, I was ready to drop kick the guy behind me. PLEASE DONT LOSE ON THURSDAY WINGS. PLEASEEE

I am not that impressed with Nyquist...sorry guys. I am willing to bet he gets the scratch for Bertuzzi...and if Sammy comes in, Eaves or TooToo will be out...I barely even seen Tootoo out there, was he dressed at all?

I do believe Brunner needs to be back on a scoring line...he isn't getting much if any offense playing with Andersson and Nyquist. Andersson is a checker and Nyquist is just too green. He is erratic and can't seem to be able to hold on to the puck...Put Cleary on the 3rd line and move Brunner up with Dats and Bert with Filppula...

I know its just one game, but cannot afford to go down 2-0 with the same effort as tonight...

Z- Pav - Brunner

Franz - Fil - Bert

Cleary - Andy - Abby

Tootoo - Emmerton - Eaves

no way babcock makes that much of a change for one he dont want the chemistry from the 4 games dismantled not after just 1 game coud have been that we were alittle jet so lines stay the same abby wont be taken back off the top line brunner Nyquist and Andersson are a good 3rd line the 2nd line needs to wake up again and so does dats game 2 will be scary

If keeping some stupid playoff streak is the main goal, you're doing it wrong.

This roster needs some serious revamping.

Buddy we can't change the roster. Get over it. Either get on board and quit whining like a 6 year old or hit the road

Guest irishock

Sit Eaves, Brunner and Kindl for Bertuzzi, Samuelsson and White. Tell Flip to grow a pair of nuts and wake up the Mule

Sit Eaves, Brunner and Kindl for Bertuzzi, Samuelsson and White. Tell Flip to grow a pair of nuts and wake up the Mule

The Mule was pretty good, Flip needs to pick it up and he should know how to lift the puck off of the ice by now he missed an easy goal.

I wouldn't mind making those replacements besides Kindl, he seems to rebound after bad games.

whats with everyone freakin gout about the lines? it was 2-1 it was a battle of goalies tonight the lines were good they just need to get started the younger guys need to get their feet wet in playoffs but all of you who are jumping to conclusions to sit ppl and bring in others need to calm down its only one game

Edited by sjr2012

no way babcock makes that much of a change for one he dont want the chemistry from the 4 games dismantled not after just 1 game coud have been that we were alittle jet so lines stay the same abby wont be taken back off the top line brunner Nyquist and Andersson are a good 3rd line the 2nd line needs to wake up again and so does dats game 2 will be scary

I see your point, but if they go down 2-0 playing the same they did tonight, it may be too late. If the April Wings show up and they still go down 2-0 then at least their was energy and effort. Nobody outside the top 3 played like they wanted to win. Quincey, Kindl and Ericsson all played bad and gave the puck away numerous times...We cannot have this team continue to play this way...just getting here is not the goal. Sure it was nice to keep the streak alive and I do appreciate the effort this decimated team gave to get to this point, but now is not the time to relax. This performance will show what kind of Captain Hank is. The paint should be melting off the locker room walls from the foul language Babs and Hank should be spewing right now. 9 of the 12 forwards played with no energy and a couple of players took untimely dumbass penalties...and that fan should be tarred and feathered for throwing the Octo at that time...Anaheim just iced the puck, wasn't going to call the timeout and then the fan threw the Octo on the ice giving them a rest and then they called the TO to get even more rest which resulted in the faceoff control and empty net goal...

I hate players like perry. It's not even the dirty part, it's just being completely careless on the ice. Reminds me of that matt cooke skate stomp earlier in the year. While it may have been an accident, it would never happen if he did not play so careless. Same thing tonight, why is he lifting his skate up in the crease like that?!

Edited by MTU_Huskies963

That being said, YES. The Ducks are not a scary team. 2 Powerplay goals & an open netter. Half our team played their 1st playoff game. Mule & Abby need to bring what they did last week. if that happens & we stay out of the box, we'll be alright

Don't count on that one... the way the refs were calling penalties tonight it's anybody's guess when they'll make the call. We got away with several, Ducks got bad calls, Wings could've had a couple more PPs and the penalties that were missed were atrocious! Then they call little ones as if they're trying to please the fans... make the right call the first time! It's elementary my dear (Brad) Watson!

As for the way we played... sloppy all around. I like the third line still and don't want to screw with that, but Filpulla needs to show up. Howard did okay, he wasn't really tested a whole lot until late game. He also didn't look like last week's goaltender. Z and Dats were totally neutralized, but I expect them to bounce back (as I do with Howard). If not for the really bad penalties, I think we could have squeaked out a win, the teams showed they're equals, the difference was the momentum killing Tootoo trip and Kindl's delay of game.

The Mule was pretty good, Flip needs to pick it up and he should know how to lift the puck off of the ice by now he missed an easy goal.

I wouldn't mind making those replacements besides Kindl, he seems to rebound after bad games.

The Mule didn't get his first shot on goal until the 3rd period...that is not pretty good, unless you are talking about Franzine...we need playoff Franzen now...unless his 7 goals in 8 games was his hot streak and now its time to float some more, because he certainly didn't do too much tonight...but he wasn't the only one.

I am not that impressed with Nyquist...sorry guys. I am willing to bet he gets the scratch for Bertuzzi...and if Sammy comes in, Eaves or TooToo will be out...I barely even seen Tootoo out there, was he dressed at all?

Yeah, he took the penalty that lead to the 1st goal.

Nyquist has jump in his step and is always around the puck. Sure he will make some mistakes, he's young. But I would take him in our line up over Flip any day, cus he showed more heart in tonights game than Flip has all year. (if only Gus was a center)

People are ragging on Kindl & Quincey and Smith, But Kronwall really hasn't done a whole lot to jump up & down about. He's getting knocked off the the puck down low and in front, Makes some bad pinches, and hasn't hit the net in quite some time.

Wings are still ok, if you're ready to throw in the towel after 1 game, SEE YA! :bye1:

Edited by Wing-in-avs-town

Guest Crymson

I'm almost certain that Samuelsson is being kept healthy for a buyout. I doubt you'll see him.

Bottom line is our Wings played well, not good enough, but well. The only glaring thing for me was our break out, sloppy turnovers which will be addressed. Ducks came out flying in the second and definitely rattled our young d core, growing pains indeed. Babs and co. have to address this for sure, our lads will prevail, keep the faith! Wings in 6!

I would love to know what Kindl does to continue to get so much ice time by babs. Kindl is just awful. I counted at least 5 giveaways by Kindl tonight, some of which led to near goals. He took a stupid delay of game penalty when he had time to control the puck, he never knows when to shoot or not and pinches way too much. I have no big problems with any of our other Dmen but I cannot stand Kindl and I find it funny that he is out there in the last minute of play. I would like to see Ian White inserted into the lineup in the place of Kindl... we could really use a right handed shot back there.

As for the rest of the team, they seemed to be lacking energy tonight. They always seemed a step too slow. Koivu's line was good, but I think Pavs and Hank will be better next game. Also, even though he was partially screened, I think Howard should have had Selanne's shot, but overall the Wings just were lacking energy. I suspect the Wings get a W on Thursday.

Yeah, he took the penalty that lead to the 1st goal.

Nyquist has jump in his step and is always around the puck. Sure he will make some mistakes, he's young. But I would take him in our line up over Flip any day, cus he showed more heart in tonights game than Flip has all year. (if only Gus was a center)

People are ragging on Kindl & Quincey and Smith, But Kronwall really hasn't done a whole lot to jump up & down about. He's getting knocked off the the puck down low and in front, Makes some bad pinches, and hasn't hit the net in quite some time.

Wings are still ok, if you're ready to throw in the towel after 1 game, SEE YA! :bye1:

Z- Pav - Brunner

Franz - Fil - Bert

Cleary - Andy - Abby

Tootoo - Emmerton - Eaves

Who is throwing the towel in? Just pointing out the glaring reasons they lost tonight...I agree Kronwall looked bad at times too. I think he tries too much for the redirect of rebound off the boards when he attempts a shot, he needs to just blast it at the net...Q and K were awful, no ifs and or buts about it...Everyone who didn't play on the top line played with 20% energy...it was painfully obvious. Goal #2 was soft for Jimmy's standards, but despite all this, it came down to a one goal game basically...lack of offense and dumb, momentum killing penalties... Hell if is wasn't for a 5 on 3, we'd had been shutout...

Who is throwing the towel in? Just pointing out the glaring reasons they lost tonight...I agree Kronwall looked bad at times too. I think he tries too much for the redirect of rebound off the boards when he attempts a shot, he needs to just blast it at the net...Q and K were awful, no ifs and or buts about it...Everyone who didn't play on the top line played with 20% energy...it was painfully obvious. Goal #2 was soft for Jimmy's standards, but despite all this, it came down to a one goal game basically...lack of offense and dumb, momentum killing penalties... Hell if is wasn't for a 5 on 3, we'd had been shutout...

As unimpressive as the WIngs were tonight the Ducks only squeaked out a 1 goal win (+EN). Plenty of room for improvement for the WIngs and still a very winnable series.

Not insinuating you, just those in Red Wing Nation that have been hitting the panic button most of the year.

Forgive my cross-posting, but I thought you guys could use some cheering up. At least this didn't happen:

oops.gif

At least not tonight

Buddy we can't change the roster. Get over it. Either get on board and quit whining like a 6 year old or hit the road

As someone who has followed the Wings basically since birth, I reject the notion that I have to be satisfied with the product we are seeing right now or to take a hike. That's just true arrogance (or is it defeatism?) showing. Perhaps you should take the hike and get off of the bandwagon.

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80