• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 1 GDT : Red Wings 1, at Ducks 3. (Anaheim leads, 1-0)

Rate this topic

No energy tonight...reminded me of the February/March Red Wings...Can't win with only one line trying...

BTW, 2nd goal was a soft one for Jimmy's standards, Hiller outplayed him when it came to timely saves...

Got a feeling we are going to see Bert in game 2...Playoff Franzen did not show up tonight...Filpulla does NOT deserve $5M. Bottom 6 looked bad...Quncey and Kindl looked bad as well...

All in all, bad game played by most the team...aint gonna win one playing like that crap and taking dumbass penalties...

Hiller and Selane were hot tonight and the Wings delivered to many turnovers. But a close game, could have gone the other way around especially in the late third. So yeah,there goes chance one for stealing them a game. But Chance two comes on Thursday. LGW !

Edited by derblaueClaus

We're all die hard fans, but did anybody really believe we had a chance in this year's playoffs? We got hot to make it in, but all of our deficiencies, that were never addressed by management, are still there.

I assume we'll see Bert and/or Sammy in game two.

We kept the post season record intact, ANY WINS are gravy.

Game could have gone either way. Wings a bit too conservative through the first 40 minutes but it was 1-1.

Win the next one and the Wings are in a good spot with home ice advantage back.

Its only one loss, but they definitely lacked energy tonight, the bottom 9 and a couple of defensemen who both cost us a 1st round pick...

As long as the April Wings show up, they can still win this series, but if they play like this for the next 3 games, it may be sweep time...

If keeping some stupid playoff streak is the main goal, you're doing it wrong.

This roster needs some serious revamping.

No the roster is young. They lack experience but they are just fine on the team. Dropping multiple core players and the best defenseman in modern times doesnt help in the following year.

We're all die hard fans, but did anybody really believe we had a chance in this year's playoffs? We got hot to make it in, but all of our deficiencies, that were never addressed by management, are still there.

I assume we'll see Bert and/or Sammy in game two.

That being said, YES. The Ducks are not a scary team. 2 Powerplay goals & an open netter. Half our team played their 1st playoff game. Mule & Abby need to bring what they did last week. if that happens & we stay out of the box, we'll be alright

Mushy ice and some slow Wings and that delay of game penatly = loss.

I defer to all the experts in here to break it down further with and come up with the solutions like I know you will.

Series doesnt start till someone loses at home.

THe team got lackadaisical since Saturday. Almost seems like they need there backs against the wall to show any type of intensity. They needed wins the last two weeks and they played there best hockey of the season. If same is true for playoffs we wont see them show up until game 3 or worse down 3-0.

Not a great game for the Wings, but it's not the end of the world. We only need to take 1 of these first two to steal home ice advantage. Obviously some of our younger guys were a bit shaky tonight getting their first playoff starts, but they did an okay job. Ducks only scored on the PP, I thought we did a pretty decent job not giving them much 5 on 5. If only Kindl didn't take that damn delay of game penalty.....just put it off the boards next time! We got enough quality chances, just gotta bury them next game. Optimistic for game 2 :)

No the roster is young. They lack experience but they are just fine on the team. Dropping multiple core players and the best defenseman in modern times doesnt help in the following year.

Yes they are young, but with few exceptions, that youth isn't coupled with talent.

Plus, if they are running guys like Kindl out there in crunch time, how is that NOT an indictment of how horrifically bad this roster is structured right now?

Blow it up. Let Quincey/Filipula/Kindl/Sammy/Bert/Coliacovo walk and get some quality players who play with grit and toughness instead of being pushed around all night long.

The wings used to skate better than every team in the NHL, that most assuredly isn't the case anymore. Anaheim skated circles around them tonight and it's only going to get worse, not better.

Not a horrendous game, but the Ducks played better and deserved the win in the end. Liked the Nyquist line as the game progressed. Datsyuk wasn't as dominant as usual but I liked Zetterberg and Franzen's game. Ducks really forechecked our D hard and it was tough to get out of the zone. Hopefully the Wings will have a little more intensity for game 2.

Winnable series for sure.

in my opinion, brunner's too soft on the puck. You can see how Nyquist plays and then compare it to Brunner. IF we're gonna win, its gonna be if they get that third line going and also if the red wings from the last 5 games show up.

a possible bert sighting? Who would they take out?

I am not that impressed with Nyquist...sorry guys. I am willing to bet he gets the scratch for Bertuzzi...and if Sammy comes in, Eaves or TooToo will be out...I barely even seen Tootoo out there, was he dressed at all?

I do believe Brunner needs to be back on a scoring line...he isn't getting much if any offense playing with Andersson and Nyquist. Andersson is a checker and Nyquist is just too green. He is erratic and can't seem to be able to hold on to the puck...Put Cleary on the 3rd line and move Brunner up with Dats and Bert with Filppula...

I know its just one game, but cannot afford to go down 2-0 with the same effort as tonight...

Z- Pav - Brunner

Franz - Fil - Bert

Cleary - Andy - Abby

Tootoo - Emmerton - Eaves