• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 1 GDT : Red Wings 1, at Ducks 3. (Anaheim leads, 1-0)

Rate this topic

I thought we did a good job of setting up in their zone. They didn't get too many second chances on Howard. They were better but not out of our league. It's not Like Detroit reverted to their old bad habits. The overreactions here are getting old.

Bertuzzi might be a smart change, in for someone like Nyquist, who I thought looked bad. Bertuzzi would help Andersson's line.

Guest RedWingsDad

you lost me with "insert Sammy". the guy will not last a game without getting another injury

Perhaps, but if he gets injured, so what? We can always replace him in he lineup with what we have been using.

I thought we did a good job of setting up in their zone. They didn't get too many second chances on Howard. They were better but not out of our league. It's not Like Detroit reverted to their old bad habits. The overreactions here are getting old.

Bertuzzi might be a smart change, in for someone like Nyquist, who I thought looked bad. Bertuzzi would help Andersson's line.

Nyquist was good last night... one of the few who consistently had speed through the neutral zone. I agree Bert should play, but I think he should be playing on the 2nd line with Fil and Franzen... it would add more size to that line to compete with the big line of the Ducks until we are back at the Joe where Pavs and Hank can take them.

Guest RedWingsDad

I think Nyquist has been much more impressive than Brunner. If I take off my rose-colored glasses from Brunner's hotstreak at the beginning of the season, he is very disappointing. His deke to get around defenders just about never works, and if he doesn't turn it over he gets pushed to the outside. He also seems to be a liability in the O zone when he receives a pass, about a 50/50 shot he will turn it over, potentially leading to an odd man rush.

Edited by RedWingsDad

Quit suggesting moves to the Roster. Bab's is paid to know who and what is best for this team. He knows more about the players and more about our stratagies than some couch coaches.

Leave the decisions to him (As if this forum had any effect on them anyway).

I think Nyquist has been much more impressive than Brunner. If I take off my rose-colored glasses from Brunner's hotstreak at the beginning of the season, he is very disappointing. His deke to get around defenders just about never works, and if he doesn't turn it over he gets pushed to the outside. He also seems to be a liability in the O zone when he receives a pass, about a 50/50 shot he will turn it over, potentially leading to an odd man rush.

Yes I was on his bandwagon early on during his hot steak. I love his wrister. Nyquist is talented, but he's not outstanding at this level. On the Griffens he was a force.

Edited by WINGS TILL DEATH

lets put in: pick one of the 3 guys up front that are hurt, and things will get better...... No. First we as fans have NO IDEA if any of them are truely healthy or not. We have been hearng for a couple of weeks that bert is close. But at no point has anyone said he is 100% ready to play. No one not once.

He scored zero goals in the 2009 finals.

The simple fact is that he's completely out of game shape. More, it's entirely possible---perhaps even likely---that he's being kept out of the lineup as a safety precaution leading up to a buyout.

It's funny how much you criticize other people for speculation and then do the same thing yourself.

To say pretty much exactly what you would say to such a post:

-How do you know he's out of game shape? In particular, his broken hand and pectoral injury should have little impact on his ability to get in cardio work.

-Your claim that he's being kept out as a precaution is complete speculation. Is there any factual basis for claiming that this is likely? I've seen you claim this several times, not just in this post.

Edited by Zetts

why was howard down on the selanne goal? he went down way too early the shot didnt even look fast.

the wings inability to score is back! only one lucky goal

if your only going to play tootoo 6 mins why bother. put bert in

In regards to NBC Sports. I have Direct TV and Direct TV guide said last night's Wings game was gonna be NBCSN and also Fox Sports Detroit. At puck drop last night everything was blacked out. I called Direct TV and was told the broadcaster can black out games. However when the Wild vs. Chicago game got over, the Wings vs. Ducks came on NBCSN. Is this gonna be the norm for non-regional Wings games for this year's playoffs?

If there is a national broadcast, you automatically lose the FSD broadcast unless you live in that region. It's dumb, I think thats their way of getting more viewers for the national broadcast

Brunner and Nyquist have a ton of talent but last night their size and strength really showed. They looked like boys playing a mans game. Detroit is really lacking a line that can create havoc and wear down other teams defense. Helm was really missed last year and he is even more so this year. I am losing faith that he will ever be the player he was when he returns.

Guest Crymson

It's funny how much you criticize other people for speculation and then do the same thing yourself.

I occasionally criticize people for phrasing speculation as fact. I phrased speculation as speculation. It's funny how you can't read properly.

-How do you know he's out of game shape? In particular, his broken hand and pectoral injury should have little impact on his ability to get in cardio work.

He hasn't played a full hockey game in months. He hasn't played more than two consecutive games in a year. Believe it or not, jumping from that right into the speed and intensity of playoff hockey does not bode well for one's performance.

Though I wasn't referring to this sort of thing when I spoke of game shape, good luck keeping on board with shooting, passing, and upper body strength when you're recovering from an upper-body injury. If cardiovascular endurance were the most important part of hockey, then Apollo Ohno would be winning the Hart Trophy every year.

Your claim that he's being kept out as a precaution is complete speculation. Is there any factual basis for claiming that this is likely? I've seen you claim this several times, not just in this post.

The presence of the word "possible" in one's verbiage is a slam-dunk indicator that that person is speculating, so don't give yourself any medals for identifying my speculation as speculation. Is there any factual evidence? No. If there were, I would have listed it, though in that event it would surely have been posted already. That said, note the word "perhaps." This, as with "possible," is a solid indicator that speculation is at play. If I were to say outright that it was likely, then I agree that strong evidence would be in order.

Why do I think he's deliberately being kept out? First, his season has been a tragicomedy of injuries, and he has contributed absolutely nothing as a result. Second, the organization has a boatload of promising rookies, several of whom have proven themselves quite well in this season; this makes him both expendable and difficult to fit into the roster. Third, the cap is going down, and---even were he willing to waive his NTC---it seems very unlikely that any team would be interested in acquiring him, even were it for peanuts.

Does this post constitute an answer satisfactory to you?

Same type of loss we always have in the playoffs now.

Our PK stinks it up, their goalie outplays our goalie, and our offense is totally invisible.

You know you're in trouble when Abdelkader is getting all the good chances on your team. Imagine if we had a real player on that line with Pavel and Hank.

I occasionally criticize people for phrasing speculation as fact. I phrased speculation as speculation. It's funny how you can't read properly.

He hasn't played a full hockey game in months. He hasn't played more than two consecutive games in a year. Believe it or not, jumping from that right into the speed and intensity of playoff hockey does not bode well for one's performance.

Though I wasn't referring to this sort of thing when I spoke of game shape, good luck keeping on board with shooting, passing, and upper body strength when you're recovering from an upper-body injury. If cardiovascular endurance were the most important part of hockey, then Apollo Ohno would be winning the Hart Trophy every year.

The presence of the word "possible" in one's verbiage is a slam-dunk indicator that that person is speculating, so don't give yourself any medals for identifying my speculation as speculation. Is there any factual evidence? No. If there were, I would have listed it, though in that event it would surely have been posted already. That said, note the word "perhaps." This, as with "possible," is a solid indicator that speculation is at play. If I were to say outright that it was likely, then I agree that strong evidence would be in order.

Why do I think he's deliberately being kept out? First, his season has been a tragicomedy of injuries, and he has contributed absolutely nothing as a result. Second, the organization has a boatload of promising rookies, several of whom have proven themselves quite well in this season; this makes him both expendable and difficult to fit into the roster. Third, the cap is going down, and---even were he willing to waive his NTC---it seems very unlikely that any team would be interested in acquiring him, even were it for peanuts.

Does this post constitute an answer satisfactory to you?

Your posts are mostly either critical or condencending of others' opinions.

If there is a national broadcast, you automatically lose the FSD broadcast unless you live in that region. It's dumb, I think thats their way of getting more viewers for the national broadcast

I think for me the issue was being in Illinois. NHL Network must have deal not to broadcast against local Hawks games even though NHL Network was then starting to show the Detroit game early as overflow since NBC Sports wasn't done with overtime Hawks. So, on my cable I had 2 broadcasts of Hawks (Comcast and NBC Sports) and 1 of Blues (CNBC) and two talking heads on NHL Networks diddling themselves....

I'm not sure where you saw that I thought the Wings were the better team tonight, they weren't but we hung around. We can and will be better in game 2. It's not a 1 game series, it's a 7 game series, plenty of time for momentum to swing the other way.

I don't know what game you were watching, but from the end of the 1st period on, this game was Anaheim outplaying Detroit to the point where the goal margin is not indicative of anything but Howard's brilliance in net.

There is plenty of time to swing it though, but there has to be a complete attitude change from the players. They aren't the more-talented team, which means they have to outwork Anaheim on every puck battle, down low and along the boards. Given how wildly inconsistent this team has been this year, I'm sure we'll see it at some point in the next few games, but it won't last longer than a game or two, and there is no guarantee they'll win one of the games where they do show up.

I disagree. I'll show you why.

The presence of the word "possible" in one's verbiage is a slam-dunk indicator that that person is speculating, so don't give yourself any medals for identifying my speculation as speculation.

There were two parts to your post:

The simple fact is that he's completely out of game shape.

Note the word "fact".

More, it's entirely possible---perhaps even likely---that he's being kept out of the lineup as a safety precaution leading up to a buyout.

Now, I'll admit, you use the word "possible". However, you claim that:

If I were to say outright that it was likely, then I agree that strong evidence would be in order.

So would the following quote from you, just two or three pages back qualify as saying that it's likely?

I'm almost certain that Samuelsson is being kept healthy for a buyout. I doubt you'll see him.

I believe that "almost certain" is actually even stronger than "likely". That's why I asked for factual evidence. Hopefully that clears up what I was trying to say. And demonstrates how you're doing exactly what you tend to blast people around here for doing.

Edited by Zetts

Can we get through a playoff game where the refs don't do something that both team fans can't figure out what in the hell they were doing? In the replay of that Abby hit, neither ref called a penalty. It wasn't until the player stayed down, the play was stopped, then the refs convened and called one. I don't get that. I didn't even know that was possible.

I know there are going to be questionable calls going both ways, but that is something different, something where everybody is scratching their heads wondering what in the heck is going on.

Anyway, when did they put MLS on ice?

The older I get, the less and less I care about the NHL. And that sucks.

WIth that said, the wings should have had this game in hand after the first period with all those opportunities. But I think the shots on goal through 2 were like 14 shots or something, which sucks. So many times they just kept passing it, or were way out on the perimeter, nobody taking shots. Shots going right into the chest of Giguere I mean Hiller.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg didn't do much of anything tonight either. Not sure if this should be Ducks credit or the wings just not firing the puck and being too slow with deciison making.