Photo
- - - - -

WCQF Game 1 GDT : Red Wings 1, at Ducks 3. (Anaheim leads, 1-0)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
718 replies to this topic

#41 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

i didn't anticipate nashville starting their backup.  that was really nice of trotz to let the wings make the playoffs.

They always come out of the woodwork when things are going right, just to try and knock us down.  C'mon Wings, take this garbage out!  Conks...where art thou?

3-1 Wings win.

LGRW!!!!

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#42 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

This is going to be a very hard fought series (duh)... I say we win it, but I just hope we make it out of the series without too many injuries. At any point in the series, if we start dominating, I see the ducks trying to injure our players - i'm sure glad we have Tootoo out there to lay down the law... if we go far in the playoffs, I think Tootoo will be the wild card that makes it happen.

Edited by RedWingsDad, 30 April 2013 - 10:48 AM.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#43 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

This is going to be a very hard fought series (duh)... I say we win it, but I just hope we make it out of the series without too many injuries. At any point in the series, if we start dominating, I see the ducks trying to injure our players - i'm sure glad we have Tootoo out there to law down the law... if we go far in the playoffs, I think Tootoo will be the wild card that makes it happen.

Dallas drake/ Darren McCarty part 2?

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#44 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

Goes without saying that Dats and Z > Getzlaf and Perry, so what's the deciding factor in this series?  Can Abby shutdown Ryan?  Will our second line out perform theirs?  Goalies?  How well the young kids respond to the added playoff pressure. 

All the headlines are talking about the matchup of the star forwards, but I think this series is decided by everything other than what Dats, Z, Perry, and Getzlaf do.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#45 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

Let's get off to a good start and keep them coming!  Go Wings!

#46 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

Tonight's Officials  

Referees Brad Watson (23), Tom Kowal (32) Linesmen Brad Lazarowich (86), Brad Kovachik (71) 

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#47 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

Why mess with a good thing...

Wings get swept in the first round. Too many rookies with no playoff experience and a lack of toughness for the physicality of the playoffs. Our vets are old and decrepit, and Daniel Cleary sucks worse than that Danny Cleary guy we had last year who played on one knee all season. Unless Z's beard takes over scoring responsibilities, our Captain will burn out and his production will drop just like it always does. He's consistently inconsistent, and Dats can't save him from himself because he's too busy banging chicks and partying with Kaner. Mule is the only constant on this team, that man goes out every shift and is the definition of "compete." I dare anyone to name an athlete that works harder, but the reality is he can't carry this whole team because that's just no fun. Howard is average, blah blah blah, something about Quincey sucking, soft Euros, too many rookies/vets, did I mention Daniel/Danny/Dan Cleary sucks, Babcock's a s***ty coach, Holland worst GM ever...

Did I get everything? LGW!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#48 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Tonight's Officials  

Referees Brad Watson (23), Tom Kowal (32) Linesmen Brad Lazarowich (86), Brad Kovachik (71) 

good grief Brad Watson? might as well have Dan O'halloran join him.

#49 Bully76

Bully76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Wings: 3 (Zetterberg, kronner, Abby)
Ducks: 1 (selanne)

Howard stops 30+ shots and steals Anaheim's momentum for the series.

Looking at the projected lines, I think our lines match up pretty well. The third line match ups will be very exciting if our third line goes up against theirs!
Their 4th line looks better than ours on paper, but tootoo can be a key agitator and if they play how they have been playing, we probably win that matchup as well

gotta agree. the idiots on nhl network last night were saying the wings don't have the depth the ducks have, and that the first two lines are pretty close. they way the 3rd and 4th lines are playing lately i disagree totally with their assessment of this series. of course, i'm arguing with tv tools, so i guess i shouldn't have posted this...

"If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke."

-Stephen Colbert

#50 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

gotta agree. the idiots on nhl network last night were saying the wings don't have the depth the ducks have, and that the first two lines are pretty close. they way the 3rd and 4th lines are playing lately i disagree totally with their assessment of this series. of course, i'm arguing with tv tools, so i guess i shouldn't have posted this...

how is the wings 3rd line any sort of advantage?  they may have been playing well, but they're not putting up points.  nyquist has 1 point in his last 10 games.

big deal.

#51 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

good grief Brad Watson? might as well have Dan O'halloran join him.

Watson is only responsible for one horrific call. Unfortunately for him, it was one of the worst botches in NHL playoff history.

#52 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

how is the wings 3rd line any sort of advantage?  they may have been playing well, but they're not putting up points.  nyquist has 1 point in his last 10 games.

big deal.

"I love the red wings so much that I post nothing but negative things about them."

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#53 mule

mule

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

Detroit 2 (Abdelkader, Franzen)

Anaheim 1 (Getzlaf)

Can't wait for this game!

#54 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

He's just trolling, don't take the bait. He's not up to the challenge anyway.

Wings are rolling and have played well VS Anaheim, but it is a whole new season.

#55 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

big deal.

with the chances they have been getting, they will be producing points any game now, and as far as anything goes, as long as our third line can keep their 3rd line from scoring we have a good game at hand. Stop being so damn negative all the time, pop a Prozac once in a while

#56 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

i don't see how that's "trolling".  nothing i stated is untrue.

#57 Bully76

Bully76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

big deal.

points isn't their only purpose. and they've been winning with this lineup. and i just eyeballed the last 6 stat sheets - gus and andersson are even on +/- and brunner's a +2 over the last 6 games. that's not bad for a bunch of kids.

Edited by Bully76, 30 April 2013 - 12:40 PM.

"If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke."

-Stephen Colbert

#58 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

It isn't about points, our top 2 lines are better than their top 2 lines. All our third line needs to do is cancel theirs out. Lately, they've been our best puck possession line (except maybe dats and Z), so they can easily tire their opponents out and render them useless

-Buppy

#59 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,144 posts

Trolling doesn't have to be a "lie" to be considered trolling. What you're doing could possibly be considered contrarian trolling.

Its like going to a board for Gun Rights and expressing nothing but your belief in Gun Control laws. 

Edited by FlashyG, 30 April 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#60 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

Haven't seen it posted but it's official Jonas Hiller in net tonight