Photo
- - - - -

WCQF Game 1 GDT : Red Wings 1, at Ducks 3. (Anaheim leads, 1-0)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
718 replies to this topic

#621 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

Give the guy a break. Even he knew the Wings had no chance to score. Just throw the damn thing in there and get yourself ejected, f***.

Yeah, he did hold it for 2+ hours in the arena :-)

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#622 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

No the roster is young.  They lack experience but they are just fine on the team.  Dropping multiple core players and the best defenseman in modern times doesnt help in the following year.

Yes they are young, but with few exceptions, that youth isn't coupled with talent.

Plus, if they are running guys like Kindl out there in crunch time, how is that NOT an indictment of how horrifically bad this roster is structured right now?

Blow it up.  Let Quincey/Filipula/Kindl/Sammy/Bert/Coliacovo walk and get some quality players who play with grit and toughness instead of being pushed around all night long.

The wings used to skate better than every team in the NHL, that most assuredly isn't the case anymore.  Anaheim skated circles around them tonight and it's only going to get worse, not better.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#623 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:19 AM

Not a horrendous game, but the Ducks played better and deserved the win in the end.  Liked the Nyquist line as the game progressed.  Datsyuk wasn't as dominant as usual but I liked Zetterberg and Franzen's game. Ducks really forechecked our D hard and it was tough to get out of the zone.  Hopefully the Wings will have a little more intensity for game 2.  

Winnable series for sure.

When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#624 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:19 AM

Wings in 5!!

6 :-)

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#625 DatMuleZ

DatMuleZ

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

in my opinion, brunner's too soft on the puck. You can see how Nyquist plays and then compare it to Brunner. IF we're gonna win, its gonna be if they get that third line going and also if the red wings from the last 5 games show up. 

a possible bert sighting? Who would they take out? 

#626 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

I am not that impressed with Nyquist...sorry guys.  I am willing to bet he gets the scratch for Bertuzzi...and if Sammy comes in, Eaves or TooToo will be out...I barely even seen Tootoo out there, was he dressed at all?

I do believe Brunner needs to be back on a scoring line...he isn't getting much if any offense playing with Andersson and Nyquist.  Andersson is a checker and Nyquist is just too green.  He is erratic and can't seem to be able to hold on to the puck...Put Cleary on the 3rd line and move Brunner up with Dats and Bert with Filppula...

I know its just one game, but cannot afford to go down 2-0 with the same effort as tonight...

Z- Pav - Brunner

Franz - Fil - Bert

Cleary - Andy - Abby

Tootoo - Emmerton - Eaves

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#627 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

I kind of want to see Bert. Sit clearly or eaves.

#628 NorwegianWing

NorwegianWing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

The Wings looked timid in transition from their own zone. Too many giveaways allowing The Ducks rushing opportunities. Better team won tonight, let's make sure the same happens on thursday with the Wings being the better team. Road PK has been a problem all year, and needs to be better. Andersson should get an earful for giving Selanne the diving opportunity, and Kindl needs to be more composed on the puck. The perils of having a young, inexperienced team, I guess.

It's 7.20 AM and I'm tired, but GO WINGS.

#629 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

Well, it was a disappointing game. I was hoping the team from last week would show up and play. I'm hoping this isn't the same story on Thursday because I'm actually going to that game. My first NHL playoff game and I hope to god they don't lose, or that I don't have to knock out a Ducks fan. Last time I was there to see a game the Wings got shut out and it was pathetic. Plus I got stuck in the middle of the most annoying fans on the planet, I was ready to drop kick the guy behind me. PLEASE DONT LOSE ON THURSDAY WINGS. PLEASEEE

#630 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

I am not that impressed with Nyquist...sorry guys.  I am willing to bet he gets the scratch for Bertuzzi...and if Sammy comes in, Eaves or TooToo will be out...I barely even seen Tootoo out there, was he dressed at all?

I do believe Brunner needs to be back on a scoring line...he isn't getting much if any offense playing with Andersson and Nyquist.  Andersson is a checker and Nyquist is just too green.  He is erratic and can't seem to be able to hold on to the puck...Put Cleary on the 3rd line and move Brunner up with Dats and Bert with Filppula...

I know its just one game, but cannot afford to go down 2-0 with the same effort as tonight...

Z- Pav - Brunner

Franz - Fil - Bert

Cleary - Andy - Abby

Tootoo - Emmerton - Eaves

no way babcock makes that much of a change for one he dont want the chemistry from the 4 games dismantled not after just 1 game coud have been that we were alittle jet so lines stay the same abby wont be taken back off the top line brunner Nyquist and Andersson are a good 3rd line the 2nd line needs to wake up again and so does dats game 2 will be scary

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#631 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

If keeping some stupid playoff streak is the main goal, you're doing it wrong.

This roster needs some serious revamping.

Buddy we can't change the roster. Get over it. Either get on board and quit whining like a 6 year old or hit the road

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#632 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,984 posts

I honestly don’t think a lot of the young guys were quite ready for the jack-up in intensity come playoff time. Hopefully they can adjust quickly. As. in. 45.hours.from.now..............

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#633 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

6 :-)

No. I shall to witness series winner game without travelling to Detroit.

#634 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

Sit Eaves, Brunner and Kindl for Bertuzzi, Samuelsson and White. Tell Flip to grow a pair of nuts and wake up the Mule

bringit.jpg

#635 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:32 AM

Sit Eaves, Brunner and Kindl for Bertuzzi, Samuelsson and White. Tell Flip to grow a pair of nuts and wake up the Mule

The Mule was pretty good, Flip needs to pick it up and he should know how to lift the puck off of the ice by now he missed an easy goal.

I wouldn't mind making those replacements besides Kindl, he seems to rebound after bad games.

#636 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:32 AM

whats with everyone freakin gout about the lines? it was 2-1 it was a battle of goalies tonight the lines were good they just need to get started the younger guys need to get their feet wet in playoffs but all of you who are jumping to conclusions to sit ppl and bring in others need to calm down its only one game

Edited by sjr2012, 01 May 2013 - 12:33 AM.

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#637 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

no way babcock makes that much of a change for one he dont want the chemistry from the 4 games dismantled not after just 1 game coud have been that we were alittle jet so lines stay the same abby wont be taken back off the top line brunner Nyquist and Andersson are a good 3rd line the 2nd line needs to wake up again and so does dats game 2 will be scary

I see your point, but if they go down 2-0 playing the same they did tonight, it may be too late.  If the April Wings show up and they still go down 2-0 then at least their was energy and effort.  Nobody outside the top 3 played like they wanted to win.  Quincey, Kindl and Ericsson all played bad and gave the puck away numerous times...We cannot have this team continue to play this way...just getting here is not the goal.  Sure it was nice to keep the streak alive and I do appreciate the effort this decimated team gave to get to this point, but now is not the time to relax.  This performance will show what kind of Captain Hank is. The paint should be melting off the locker room walls from the foul language Babs and Hank should be spewing right now.  9 of the 12 forwards played with no energy and a couple of players took untimely dumbass penalties...and that fan should be tarred and feathered for throwing the Octo at that time...Anaheim just iced the puck, wasn't going to call the timeout and then the fan threw the Octo on the ice giving them a rest and then they called the TO to get even more rest which resulted in the faceoff control and empty net goal...

www.thinkdunes.com

#638 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

I hate players like perry. It's not even the dirty part, it's just being completely careless on the ice. Reminds me of that matt cooke skate stomp earlier in the year. While it may have been an accident, it would never happen if he did not play so careless. Same thing tonight, why is he lifting his skate up in the crease like that?!

Edited by MTU_Huskies963, 01 May 2013 - 12:36 AM.

#639 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:36 AM

That being said, YES. The Ducks are not a scary team. 2 Powerplay goals & an open netter. Half our team played their 1st playoff game. Mule & Abby need to bring what they did last week. if that happens & we stay out of the box, we'll be alright

Don't count on that one... the way the refs were calling penalties tonight it's anybody's guess when they'll make the call. We got away with several, Ducks got bad calls, Wings could've had a couple more PPs and the penalties that were missed were atrocious! Then they call little ones as if they're trying to please the fans... make the right call the first time! It's elementary my dear (Brad) Watson! 

As for the way we played... sloppy all around. I like the third line still and don't want to screw with that, but Filpulla needs to show up. Howard did okay, he wasn't really tested a whole lot until late game. He also didn't look like last week's goaltender. Z and Dats were totally neutralized, but I expect them to bounce back (as I do with Howard).  If not for the really bad penalties, I think we could have squeaked out a win, the teams showed they're equals, the difference was the momentum killing Tootoo trip and Kindl's delay of game. 

#640 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:36 AM

The Mule was pretty good, Flip needs to pick it up and he should know how to lift the puck off of the ice by now he missed an easy goal.

I wouldn't mind making those replacements besides Kindl, he seems to rebound after bad games.

The Mule didn't get his first shot on goal until the 3rd period...that is not pretty good, unless you are talking about Franzine...we need playoff Franzen now...unless his 7 goals in 8 games was his hot streak and now its time to float some more, because he certainly didn't do too much tonight...but he wasn't the only one.

www.thinkdunes.com