Photo
- - - - -

WCQF Game 1 GDT : Red Wings 1, at Ducks 3. (Anaheim leads, 1-0)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
718 replies to this topic

#661 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:47 AM

Several thoughts:
Settle down on Kindl. The kid is not "terrible". That said, our rookies looked terrified and confused so I hope their nerves subside a bit and they figure it out.
I'd like to see Bert in even if it's on a lower line...I have a good feeling about him in this series.
Hiller was way better than Hiller. Where did that come from?
God I hate Corey Perry sooo much.
Can't believe anybody is bagging on Ericsson after that since he was one of the players I was actually really pleased with during this game.
Lastly, I still think Detroit will take Anaheim in 6.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#662 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

We need some size and strong board play if Getz and Perry are going to match up against Flip and Frazen, I wouldn't mind seeing Bert in. Alot of our guys got pushed around tonight, especially some of the D  but I think we will do better next game.

#663 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

The Mule didn't get his first shot on goal until the 3rd period...that is not pretty good, unless you are talking about Franzine...we need playoff Franzen now...unless his 7 goals in 8 games was his hot streak and now its time to float some more, because he certainly didn't do too much tonight...but he wasn't the only one.

But gee whiz, he don't even make 4M, it's fine if he only shows up when he wants to. If he put effort into every game we wouldn't be able to afford him.

#664 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

This game wasn't even close. They outplayed us past the first period and we're lucky Howard gave us a sliver of chance. They managed to really expose the inexperience of our defence by stifiling us before we could exit the zone. They were aggressively forechecking with two players and we weren't good enough to overcome it with our stretch passes. And Selanne will forever be a Wing killer. I hate that guy.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#665 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:14 AM

This game wasn't even close. They outplayed us past the first period and we're lucky Howard gave us a sliver of chance. They managed to really expose the inexperience of our defence by stifiling us before we could exit the zone. They were aggressively forechecking with two players and we weren't good enough to overcome it with our stretch passes. And Selanne will forever be a Wing killer. I hate that guy.

You know what's good for the wings? They played like crap and only lost 2-1  :lol: Did anyway else notice a bunch of shots to Hiller's glove side? I don't care what the scouting report said. That is not going to work in the playoffs.

#666 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

this exactly was the reason we lost

naked is a state of mind

#667 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

He has one goal in his past 18 playoff games.

He should still play. He has the experience and ability to make a difference. He's not a game changer butwwe need depth. 09 finals. He was absolutely clutch. See him score a goal or two and all the naysayers, yourself included, will disappear.

#668 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

I don't think we watched the same game.

That game could easily.have gone the other way. We got tons of good chances. We hit. Nyquist got outmuscled once or twice, but we got into Anaheim's zone quite a bit.

Flip was terrible, Nyquist was weak on the puck and Franzen didn't get a shot til late in the game.

Could've been better but Anaheim didn't clearly outclass us. I'd like to see Bertuzzi in to help with possession on those bottom lines though.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#669 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

We need Helm to match up against Cogliano.

As Darkmanx said, we need Tuzzi to match size with Getzlaf and Perry.

We need Cleary out of the top 6 for Tatar.

And lastly, game 1 reminded me of last years playoffs against Nashville where we got to the playoffs and then forgot to bring offense with us.  They didn't create jack for offense and I almost fell asleep half way through that borefest.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#670 Dirty Dangle

Dirty Dangle

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

Maybe it's just me, but the more closely I watch Brunner play, the more I notice how many dumb descions he makes.  Also, Flip should avoid ever going into a corner again because he gets recked.

#671 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

The game wasn't all that bad PP goals all around. No big deal I saw. Cogliano was unreal though he scares me.

#672 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

I think it's time to get Bert back in the lineup. I give Nyquist a lot of credit for his work ethic, he's definitely trying out there, but he got out-muscled a few times and he's not finishing. Brunner could also potentially sit.

#673 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

We need Helm to match up against Cogliano.

As Darkmanx said, we need Tuzzi to match size with Getzlaf and Perry.

We need Cleary out of the top 6 for Tatar.

And lastly, game 1 reminded me of last years playoffs against Nashville where we got to the playoffs and then forgot to bring offense with us.  They didn't create jack for offense and I almost fell asleep half way through that borefest.

Bringing in one grinder and taking another one out would fix the problem for sure. :sleepy:  Cleary played well last night, even if the goal was a lucky shot he deserves credit for being in the right spot at the right time. Thats whats Homer getting credited for though.

I really don't understand some of you guys. We lost a game 1 of a possible 7 game series 2:1 and you are acting like its first game of the season against the Blues. What did you expect ? That we sweep them in 4 ? There are not in 2nd place for nothing. Maybe it would be wise to bring in Bert but for whom ? Only possibiltiy I can think of is Eaves. Any other player would be a risk (Top-two-lines) or just change a grinder for a grinder ( Tootoo, Cleary)

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#674 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

The one thing that really stood out for me, was how many times the Wings gave away the puck.

IPB Image

#675 WINGS TILL DEATH

WINGS TILL DEATH

The Enforcer. "I want my name to be spagetti"

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

I can say for once Im cool as a cucumber waiting for the real season to start.  Getting to 22 post-seasons was my hope this year, every number at the top of the page I see is gravy. 

I feel the same way. I still want to beat the Ducks though. They have no class and nor do their fans.

Red Wings Suck chant during a tie game?

Edited by WINGS TILL DEATH, 01 May 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#676 WINGS TILL DEATH

WINGS TILL DEATH

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

You know what's good for the wings? They played like crap and only lost 2-1  :lol: Did anyway else notice a bunch of shots to Hiller's glove side? I don't care what the scouting report said. That is not going to work in the playoffs.

You're spot on. It was like the Wings in 2003-04 with giguere shooting 5-hole. Take some different shots. They need to get more pucks to the net and crash it. Turning rebounds into goals wins the cup.

Edited by WINGS TILL DEATH, 01 May 2013 - 09:35 AM.

#677 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

If the Redwings from last week show up.... we win.

Looking at a lot of these posts Im not sure how being a fan can be fun for a lot of you, and why werent you in here moaning Saturday night.

#678 WINGS TILL DEATH

WINGS TILL DEATH

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

If the Redwings from last week show up.... we win.

Looking at a lot of these posts Im not sure how being a fan can be fun for a lot of you, and why werent you in here moaning Saturday night.

Agreed.

Cause I was out drinking and celebrating the fact that we kept the playoff streak alive.

#679 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

Anaheim was the better team last night, but when it was 1-1 it could've went either way and Kindl had a brain fart and gave the Ducks the PP and that was it.

I'd like to see Bert back in, we need more size and cycle game down low.

#NOMOREKINDL

#680 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Yea, I am not concerned in the slightest.  This is going to be a long series.  I predicted a 7 game series at the start with the Wings coming out on top.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain