• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 1 GDT : Red Wings 1, at Ducks 3. (Anaheim leads, 1-0)

Rate this topic

Yeah, pretty much. Downey / McCarty / Drake / Tootoo... these kinds of players not only bring grit (Drake the least) but they bring and inspire passion. I doubt any player would have dared to smash Z's head against the glass if we had a proper enforcer. I want to see Tootoo get matched against the top Ducks line after they start getting rowdy for the sole purpose of demolishing one of them with a big hit... he's due for one, and it's a good of time as any!

Most of tootoo's big hits come against defensemen because he is mostly aggressive on the forcheck... Welcome to the NHL playoffs cam Fowler!

According to Ducks fans Bruce is pairing Fowler and Beauchemin on the first pairing, so Souray will be on the 2nd or 3rd pairing which I love since he has trouble handling speedy forwards which forces him to take bad penalties. I think our 3rd line will eat him alive on the rush.

4-2 Wings, Howie and Mule come up big time.

good point. nyquist and brunner like to bring it on the rush. i'd love nothing more than those 2 to zip in on hiller early and ruin his night. well, maybe to see #13 embarrass him would be equally as cool...

I do not think we could have got a better team to start with.

Besides the travel, we have fared well vs the Ducks. 2 teams that Anaheim struggled with this year is us and San Jose. San Jose built there team off the the Detroit model.

Duck built there team with size like LA has (who we have not had too much trouble with)

Our biggest fault this year has been confidence on the back end, due to not keeping leads and losing key players. Since we picked up Danny D, our D has been confident and letting the O do what they do best.

With our new found confidence and us getting under there skin, I say the wings keep the momentum and take 2 in Anaheim.

my .02

I would rather have Hiller than Fasth. Seems like Wings always run into lesser known goalies standing on their heads in playoffs against them because they really get motivated to beat the best(at least every playoff exit seems to be the case). I wouldn't mind losing if it is a good game and get out played, but when Detroit ends up losing because goalie makes 40+ saves every game, and Detroit out plays the rest of the team, it just sits in my craw all year.

Edited by Rhah

Just curious, does anyone know what the powerplay will be? Dats- z and mule are a given, but I can't remember if Brunner was moved off the point when dekeyser came in, or if he is still back there

Also, I remember seeing nyquist on a couple powerplays (second unit). Is that full time or was it just because they were up by a few goals and wanted to try it out?

Cleary!!! I love that goal. Very grinder-esque

The way that series had gone, I was worried they would call that goalie interference.

Edited by wingsfan4795

I'm not going to predict a 14-3 win tonight, because that would be silly. Everyone knows scoring goes down in the playoffs!

However the aggregate score in the series will be 14-3 Wings :)

Night shift and internet radio baby! LGW!!!!

Just curious, does anyone know what the powerplay will be? Dats- z and mule are a given, but I can't remember if Brunner was moved off the point when dekeyser came in, or if he is still back there

DeKeyser's been used the past few games with Kronwall, and Quincey-Kindl have been the other pairing. I don't recall seeing Brunner on the point lately, but I could be mistaken.

my heart sank sooo badly when that happened ^_^

You seem like a pleasant opposing fan. Welcome! Your type are pretty rare here

It's funny how one teams best moment is always the other teams worst. It's weird looking at things from the opposition's point of view!

anyone have a link where I can watch online?. At friends house he has no TV ^_^

To those who respond, please do so via PMs. K, thanks.

You seem like a pleasant opposing fan. Welcome! Your type are pretty rare here

It's funny how one teams best moment is always the other teams worst. It's weird looking at things from the opposition's point of view!

Duckguy is a Wings fan in fowl clothing. BAhahahahahahhahahaha. He's been around for quite a while. He's good people.

Yeah, pretty much. Downey / McCarty / Drake / Tootoo... these kinds of players not only bring grit (Drake the least) but they bring and inspire passion. I doubt any player would have dared to smash Z's head against the glass if we had a proper enforcer. I want to see Tootoo get matched against the top Ducks line after they start getting rowdy for the sole purpose of demolishing one of them with a big hit... he's due for one, and it's a good of time as any!

Colton Orr?