Photo
- - - - -

WCQF Game 1 GDT : Red Wings 1, at Ducks 3. (Anaheim leads, 1-0)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
718 replies to this topic

#81 UofMKen

UofMKen

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

DUCK HUNTING SEASON

Attached Files

#82 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Come on Wings! Get on the board fast and frustrate em! 3-2 Wings in OT. 

#83 wingfanatic4alltime

wingfanatic4alltime

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

The Wings are rolling right now, Jimmy is playing the best ive seen him play in his career, and the Ducks are sliding.  I got the Wings winning tonight 3-1 and winning the series in 6.  GO WINGS!!!

IN KENNY WE TRUST!!

#84 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#85 Smite

Smite

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

I do not think we could have got a better team to start with. 

Besides the travel, we have fared well vs the Ducks. 2 teams that Anaheim struggled with this year is us and San Jose. San Jose built there team off the the Detroit model. 

Duck built there team with size like LA has (who we have not had too much trouble with) 

Our biggest fault this year has been confidence on the back end, due to not keeping leads and losing key players. Since we picked up Danny D, our D has been confident and letting the O do what they do best.  

With our new found confidence and us getting under there skin, I say the wings keep the momentum and take 2 in Anaheim. 

my .02

"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand

#86 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Just WIN!

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#87 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

I would rather have Hiller than Fasth. Seems like Wings always run into lesser known goalies standing on their heads in playoffs against them because they really get motivated to beat the best(at least every playoff exit seems to be the case). I wouldn't mind losing if it is a good game and get out played, but when Detroit ends up losing because goalie makes 40+ saves every game, and Detroit out plays the rest of the team, it just sits in my craw all year.

Edited by Rhah, 30 April 2013 - 04:33 PM.

#88 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

Just curious, does anyone know what the powerplay will be? Dats- z and mule are a given, but I can't remember if Brunner was moved off the point when dekeyser came in, or if he is still back there

Also, I remember seeing nyquist on a couple powerplays (second unit). Is that full time or was it just because they were up by a few goals and wanted to try it out?

Cleary!!! I love that goal. Very grinder-esque
The way that series had gone, I was worried they would call that goalie interference.

Edited by wingsfan4795, 30 April 2013 - 04:35 PM.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#89 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

I'm not going to predict a 14-3 win tonight, because that would be silly.  Everyone knows scoring goes down in the playoffs!

However the aggregate score in the series will be 14-3 Wings :) 

Night shift and internet radio baby!  LGW!!!!

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#90 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

Just curious, does anyone know what the powerplay will be? Dats- z and mule are a given, but I can't remember if Brunner was moved off the point when dekeyser came in, or if he is still back there

DeKeyser's been used the past few games with Kronwall, and Quincey-Kindl have been the other pairing. I don't recall seeing Brunner on the point lately, but I could be mistaken.

#91 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Red-Wings-Ducks-Hockey-Abdelkader.jpg

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#92 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

Looks like we won't be getting Pierre and Edzo for at least the first 3 games of this series on NBC sports!

http://fangsbites.co...day-may-5-2013/

#93 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Looks like we won't be getting Pierre and Edzo for at least the first 3 games of this series on NBC sports!

:w00t:  :clap:  :w00t2:  :bounce:  :punk:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#94 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

unfortunately for those outside of the Detroit area, John Forslund isn't much better.

#95 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

anyone have a link where I can watch online?. At friends house he has no TV ^_^

Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#96 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

YES John Forslund is great

bringit.jpg

#97 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

my heart sank sooo badly when that happened ^_^

Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#98 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

my heart sank sooo badly when that happened ^_^

You seem like a pleasant opposing fan. Welcome! Your type are pretty rare here
It's funny how one teams best moment is always the other teams worst. It's weird looking at things from the opposition's point of view!

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#99 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

anyone have a link where I can watch online?. At friends house he has no TV ^_^

To those who respond, please do so via PMs.  K, thanks.  

You seem like a pleasant opposing fan. Welcome! Your type are pretty rare here
It's funny how one teams best moment is always the other teams worst. It's weird looking at things from the opposition's point of view!

Duckguy is a Wings fan in fowl clothing.  BAhahahahahahhahahaha.  He's been around for quite a while.  He's good people.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#100 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

Haha I'm in the same boat. Nothing like a midnight start time, but it is the playoffs afterall.

Go wings!

hahah good ol st. john's! got my beers ready. this game needs to hurry and start already