• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

That is their highest finish since 07-08.

Everything considered (losing big time players, youth of our D), that is very impressive.

Jimmy has something to do with that as well.

#2 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

What a weird year it has been indeed.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#3 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,473 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

This doesn't surprise me, we've been pretty good since right about the time Ian White got yanked from the lineup/Kyle Quincey pulled his head out of his ass.  Good for them though, they played real good defense, given what was expected out of them. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#4 redwings15

redwings15

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

Since 07-08, you say?  ;)

#5 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

Since 07-08, you say?  ;)

Good year you say?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#6 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

But Howard=average????

#7 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

But Howard=average????

yup, as average as our 07-08 year :)

#8 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Howard didn't have something to do with it, he was majorly the reason why we finished so strongly, but it overall is a team effort. In the media, almost nobody is giving Detroit this credit, everyone is talking about some defensive rebuild which is fine, I actually want Detroit to surprise people. In the past, the only reason Osgood had strong showings was because of our D, now the only reason Howard has a strong showing is because he's stolen games. I guess it's too hard for hockey analysts to realize it's both.

#9 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

The best thing I heard was last night during the TSN playoff preview. One of the guys on their panel said "What? Did I miss something? Are they getting Lidstrom back? And Stuart and Rafalski? The Red Wings don't have the defence, and the Ducks are going to pick that defence apart!"

Here's hoping that guy was wrong!  

#10 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

Howard should be in Vezina talks for sure.

The best thing I heard was last night during the TSN playoff preview. One of the guys on their panel said "What? Did I miss something? Are they getting Lidstrom back? And Stuart and Rafalski? The Red Wings don't have the defence, and the Ducks are going to pick that defence apart!"

Here's hoping that guy was wrong!  

That's hilarious. We won the season series with our current D. What a moron that said that.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag