• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

Kronwall and Rig on the wing?

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Next year, we are going to have a logjam at D. I'm wondering what people think about moving a few of our offensively inclined defensemen to wing.

Hank-Dats-Ericsson

Franzen-Filppula-Kronwall

Brunner-Andersson-Nyquist

Tatar-Emmerton-Eaves

Tootoo/Sheahan/Miller

Kindl-Dekeyser

Quincey-Smith

Lashoff-Almquist

Howard

Gustavsson

Guest The Axe

Its just an idea. I hate the thought of having to trade a good defenseman because we have too many. I'd rather find a spot for our good players instead of letting guys like Cleary and Samuelsson play because they have a "RW" next to their name.

Its just an idea. I hate the thought of having to trade a good defenseman because we have too many. I'd rather find a spot for our good players instead of letting guys like Cleary and Samuelsson play because they have a "RW" next to their name.

Cleary= UFA who won't be resigned

Sammy= Amnesty buy out

Plus Nyquist, Tatar, & Andersson will all be up with the big club next year. No room & definitely no need to transition the Wings top pairing d-men up to forward.

Don't worry, Holland would never trade a good defenseman just because we have too many. Instead he'll just put them on waivers, or let them walk via free agency.

Guest The Axe

I also have thought about dressing 8 defensemen in 4 pairings, 3 lines of forwards, and an enforcer.

I also have thought about dressing 8 defensemen in 4 pairings, 3 lines of forwards, and an enforcer.

And we have all thought about how nice it would be to trade you to the Florida Panthers forums, in the words of the Rolling Stones " You can't always get what you want "

While we are on the topic of crazy hockey, I always wondered if we only put 4 skaters on the ice all game if we could start two goalies.

No, but we could have 6 skaters and no goalies. If you could convince one crazy shot-blocker (see Lilja, Andreas) to stay in the crease during faceoffs in that end, you could have a man advantage, and the only real worries would be breakaways and an eventual lack of crazy shot-blockers.

No, but we could have 6 skaters and no goalies. If you could convince one crazy shot-blocker (see Lilja, Andreas) to stay in the crease during faceoffs in that end, you could have a man advantage, and the only real worries would be breakaways and an eventual lack of crazy shot-blockers.

dress 7 forwards and 1 crazy shot blocker

why did I put 7 lmao.... I think I am a bit out of it today... I am gonna go elsewhere lol

That sort of thinking outside the box will put you inside the box- for two minutes!

Don't go elsewhere. Stay here. It's the playoffs, and you don't want to miss the fun.

Guest The Axe

And we have all thought about how nice it would be to trade you to the Florida Panthers forums, in the words of the Rolling Stones " You can't always get what you want "

What have you asked for in return? Are you getting Fair Market Value? :-p

What have you asked for in return? Are you getting Fair Market Value? :-p

The Panthers forums offered a stale bag of Doritos and a signed 1995-1996 Johan Garpenlov jock strap. They said they would've offered more but they have enough negativity on their forum..hell they are the Panthers.