• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MTU_Huskies963

Corey Perry Knee/Kick to Howard

Rate this topic

Corey Perry Knee/Kick on Howard  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Perry is one of the biggest scumbags in the league, I despise him. That said, this looked like incidental contact to me, I'm sure he'll give us a bigger reason to get agitated in the coming games.

This is NOT obligatory - it's sensationalism at its finest. You are the reason tabloids exist, and Honey Boo Boo and reality TV. Thanks a lot.

Agreed. Unfortunately, the "normal" news nowadays is pretty much indecipherable from the tabloids. Nothing but scare tactics and sensationalism.

Last time I checked, Hockey was a contact sport. People run into each other. That is still allowed right? Perry didn't do anything wrong, and those that think he did, go watch soccer. he drove the net, while hounded by Kronwall, Perry then tries to jump over Howard and his stick as Kronwall bumps him. When you are in the air and get bumped you lose your balance and yes your arms/legs will flail out to try and regain your balance. Now he touched the G which is a 2 min penalty, and that is what he got. Nothing else to talk about. Stop all the b1tching and whinning. I guarantee you that if Perry was playing for us, everyone would be upset about him getting a penalty.

Yeah because Perry is the classiest player in the league. He would never do something like that on purpose. ....I hate soccer and will never watch it. You sure do talk tough on here telling people what they need to think and to stop crying and whining when you are doing that very thing right now.

I hate perry!! I HATE him!!! But, as others stated, it looks to me like the damage would have been worse had he NOT jumped. Me might have bowled right into Howie with a planted (foot still on ice) knee to the face instead of the skate, which gave a little upon impact. I hate to say it, but I actually applaud perry for at least attempting to curb the force of impact. Could have been much worse.

If he had of just kept skating, he would have slammed right into him, he jumped to try and avoid contact.

I don't agree. If he kept skating, he would have made contact with Howard's stick, which is much better than kicking him in the head. I'm not calling for a suspension, or even a fine, I just think it was a douchebag move and was avoidable.

They were debating on the TSN Panel if it should have even been a penalty. I agree that it should have, but that's enough. Lots of people say borderline penalty, so definitely no fine/suspension

It was a borderline penalty, but it was still a dangerous play.

Yeah, wow. After 73 votes, about 82% of the people on THIS board agree that no punishment should come of it. If it were almost any other player, I suspect that number would be in the 90's.

This is a classic example of taking a situation completely out of context. Corey Perry was trying to score, period. Somewhat unexpectedly, he was allowed to walk in on a sharp angle and cut in front of the net. You can see him immediately look back for the puck after the initial save is made. His momentum was actually carrying him into Howard, except you can see him pivot the right skate to try and avoid him right before Kronwall arrives. Perry is jumping because Howard is in a butterfly, and if Perry were to just skate all over a leg at that speed, he'd end up submarined with a either a crossbar or the ice on his face.

People watching this in slow-motion GIF see that left leg fly out and assume it's an intentional kick. But Kronwall hit Perry while he was in the air. When somebody hits you in the air from the right side, you need to move something out to the left to LAND on, or you will tip over. While there's no way to prove it, I would almost guarantee you that Perry was going to jump straight up with his feet together like a skateboarder until Kronwall hit him.

I hate Perry as much everyone else here, but there's absolutely not evidence of intent to make contact with Howard, let alone to slit his throat with a skate blade. As the poster above wrote, had the result not been so dramatic, this shouldn't even have been called a goaltender interference penalty, since it was Kronwall's push that caused the collision.

Edited by StormJH1

Perry is a punk and do I think if given an opportunity he would kick a goalie in the head he would do it no question. What really pisses me off the most is how nobody even got in his grill after it happened or took a poke at Hiller. This is playoff hockey and the Wings played like pansies last night. Didn't finish their checks and let Perry set up shop in front of Howard. Game 2 had better be much better.

If the Wings should be concerned with anything re: last night, it's the way they played.

That being said, if getting all worked up about Perry trying to assassinate our 'tender gets them engaged in the series and playing real Red Wings hockey (a la, e.g., the last four games of the regular season), I say go for it. Burn him in effigy.

I wish this was like the old forum, so we could see who voted for what.

I think we all need to know who the moron who voted that Perry should be suspended is, so we can all disregard any future posts of theirs.

Really? You mean to tell me someone can't have opinion that other's might not agree with?

Seeing the video again, we should probably just be happy that they didn't call Howie for embellishment.

If I had the video, Hiller had a worse dive in that game.

I'm sorry sleepwalker but one of those suspend votes is mine. I forgot to let everyone know....... :rolleyes: I'm not sure I would know what to do if I was shunned amish style on LGW. My world would come to an end I think.

I hate Perry and I do wish he was suspended. This is a sport and entertainment to me. I don't like seeing Perrys face and wish I never had to see it again. Does that mean I think he was trying to slice Howards throat....not at all. But who cares I want him gone.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

I hate Perry and I do wish he was suspended. This is a sport and entertainment to me. I don't like seeing Perrys face and wish I never had to see it again. Does that mean I think he was trying to slice Howards throat....not at all. But who cares I want him gone.

I was referring to the people who actually think he should be suspended because of that specific play.

Edited by sleepwalker

I was referring to the people who actually think he should be suspended because of that specific play.

It was reckless and stupid the same can be said for the lack of reaction by Howard's teams mates. He's the MVP of your team and your going to let him get run like that without even a dirty look.. Unacceptable IMO.

If the Wings should be concerned with anything re: last night, it's the way they played.

They were flat and didn't finish their checks, but they still had a TON of good looks, as usual, they just couldn't finish. If they can get some jump in there step and start finishing I'm not worried at all about how they played.

Nothing will happen but why does he stick his knee and leg out towards Howard ? It doesnt make sense. If he was trying to avoid contact (which he should) his leg would not stick out like that.

Between this and that Cooke stomp earlier in the year, it is funny how a lot of accidents happen envolving dirty players. I also expected nothing to happen. I mean weber smashed Z's head into the glass last year and only got a fine :lol:

Yeah as someone else said he shouldn't have lifted his skate and just skated through, but I like players driving hard to the net wish our players did it more often. Abby had a great one against this team. I hate Perry with a passion but nothing to get pissed over was just a hockey play.

fixed typo

Edited by fixxxer