• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCQF Game 2 GDT - Red Wings 5 @ Ducks 4 OT (Series tied, 1-1)

Rate this topic

Glad to have Bert back, but sad there's no Tootoo.

I don't know who I'd rather have out, though. I wish there was no limit to who could dress. Then everyone would be happy, although not getting a lot of ice time in some cases.

I'm glad Bert is playing, but Tootoo wasn't the one I wanted him to replace. Brunner and Nyquist combined for 3 shots and 2 hits in 15+ min apiece, take one of them out.

hahahahha where's that quote from ^ what a beauty.

Todd Bertuzzi, ladies and gentlemen, will lead us to glory!

Haha Helene St.James had just tweeted it. Immediately read it and started busting, had to come here to post asap.

Cleary has been alot better lately but I would move Brunner up to the 2nd, put Bert on the 3rd and Cleary on the 4th to start and see what Bert and Brunner can do in those spots. If it doesnt work go a different route.

They have zero idea how long Bert's back is going to last in this game. You ease him in if you can and that's what Babcock is going to do.

I'm glad Bert is playing, but Tootoo wasn't the one I wanted him to replace. Brunner and Nyquist combined for 3 shots and 2 hits in 15+ min apiece, take one of them out.

In fairness, Tootoo had 0 shots and took a dumb penalty that led to the Ducks first goal. He also provides very little offence compared to Brunner and Nyquist. Also removing one of them would affect the special teams while taking Tootoo out doesn't affect them at all.

In fairness, Tootoo had 0 shots and took a dumb penalty that led to the Ducks first goal. He also provides very little offence compared to Brunner and Nyquist. Also removing one of them would affect the special teams while taking Tootoo out doesn't affect them at all.

This is true, but at the same time Brunner and Nyquist combined for 3 shots on 15+ min of ice time each, so they're not exactly dominating out there either. I'd rather have a more physical player in the lineup, but hey, Babcock runs the show.

when certain team is allowed to play 6 players on the ice at the same time, we should be allowed to have both tootoo and bert!

Edited by ami

They have zero idea how long Bert's back is going to last in this game. You ease him in if you can and that's what Babcock is going to do.

We don't know how long it is going to last, but i'm sure the doctors wouldn't have cleared him if they sensed that it would act up immediately. To add on top of that, Bertuzzi purposely didn't try to get cleared on Wednesday last week because he wanted to push himself harder once more. It sounds like Bertuzzi has absolutely tried to push his back as hard as he can, without actually being in a game. He said that he made people cross-check him, give him jabs at the lower back, work him in the corners; if he can stand all of that, i'm sure he feels comfortable in the game. That's not to say that he doesn't get destroyed early on via a hard hit and it flares up.

the interview is on live radio here the detroit. maybe on the 97.1 ticket website?

and a little behind about the teemu chirping. if its about lidstrom and him being gone makes the game easier, i dont think anyone would disagree with that. but I think he says it as more of a complement to how good nick was.

That quote can easily be taken out of context when left as It's easier to play the wings without Lidstrom. This is what the full quote was.

"Obviously in the past they have had a little more experience, guys like Lidstrom," said Selanne, who scored the winning goal in Game 1. "Obviously it's way easier to play now when Lidstrom's not in the lineup. But they are tough still. You have to play 60 minutes if you want to beat those guys.

my kids and I are going to the game. last time we were in presence wing won 5-0. :)

GO WINGS GO!!

wings in 6, btw. :)

You and your kids want to stop at Selanne's residence before going to the arena and let the air out of his tires?

Cory Emmerton on ever playing with Todd Bertuzzi: "3-on-3 maybe. I don't think he passed me the puck, ever." Linemates tonight in Game 2.

Hahahaha. I'm loving these tweets from St.James today.

Guest Crymson

toots had some key mistakes the last game, and believe it led to their first pp goal. so not surprising hes out.

Players the likes of he and Downey are not well-suited to postseason play.

Im stoked Berts in because we can use any boost we can get. Him coming back gives these guys a mental edge heading in, and Big Bert will certainly have his adrenalin flowing. I just hope his back holds up here! I see everyone stepping it up tonight and Howard will deliver LGW!!

10wqt699.jpg

Found it!! All is well now!

That just made my entire day...That should be posted in the locker room for good luck ahahaha

LGW!