• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCQF Game 2 GDT - Red Wings 5 @ Ducks 4 OT (Series tied, 1-1)

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Too bad for all of those people that said they weren't going to watch OT.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that watches overtime with me

Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition;

And gentlemen in Detroit now-a-bed

Shall think themselves accursed they were not here.

Guest irishock

The goal that sent things to OT reminded me of the one he gave up in the WC last year against Finland with 1 second left or some crazy thing. Total softie at the worst possible moment. I don't know how he does it, must be daydreaming.

zero poise

zero leadership

zero intensity

Hopefully with line matching and better ice, in front of the home crowd, the Wings can grab Games 3 and 4 and head back to Anaheim with a 3-1 lead. I think they can do it.

I hope they'll protect their home ice, unlike that debacle last year.

We played well at home to end the season, so I hope it'll continue. JLA needs to be rocking Saturday. No more late arrivals, no more empty seats, and no more indoor swimming pool echo sounds.

Blaming Howard for a loss and saying the series is over before the game is even over IS bandwagoning.

I don't remember who did or didn't say the series is over, but even that isn't bandwagoning. It's pessimism.

Bandwagoning is when you stop caring about the team until they become good again. Like all those New England Patriots fans.

The goal that sent things to OT reminded me of the one he gave up in the WC last year against Finland with 1 second left or some crazy thing. Total softie at the worst possible moment. I don't know how he does it, must be daydreaming.

Total momentum shift. The whole team got complacent after the Mule goal to make it 4-1, the Ducks came out hard, and the boys couldn't crank it up again fast enough.

As far as daydreaming, I don't know. Howie has made a heck of a lot more saves than he hasn't just to get them in the playoffs. He was due to let a couple in. Plus, he wasn't rested much during the season. Fatigue maybe?

Might see White, Lashoff, or both. Didn't notice it with all the other chaos going on but according to FSD, DeKeyser wasn't on the ice for the final stretch of the 3rd. Hope he's not injured.

Interesting. Could you define "final stretch"?

Guest Crymson

zero poise

zero leadership

zero intensity

... except that they showed all of those things in building the lead. Believe it or not, the fact that they built the lead to begin with is important.

Guest Crymson

I don't remember who did or didn't say the series is over, but even that isn't bandwagoning. It's pessimism.

Bandwagoning is when you stop caring about the team until they become good again. Like all those New England Patriots fans.

Meh, This will be all I'll say about this, but claiming that the game is over and the series is over isn't pessimism; it's giving up.

Meh, This will be all I'll say about this, but claiming that the game is over and the series is over isn't pessimism; it's giving up.

But it's not bandwagoning.

In any case, it doesn't matter. Everyone defines this word differently here.

I just don't like questioning anyone's fan support here.

Ken sounded like he was going to mess himself on that goal call lol

I wouldn't assume he didn't.... Or that he was the only one.

Tomorrow when I watch the highlights I'm gonna pretend it was a 5 goal to none shelling, and the Nyquist goal was so exciting because it was his first.

from George Malik http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/red-wings-ducks-quick-take-nyquist-wings-nearly-blow-it-blow-over-ducks

Update: Rut roh, and perhaps this explains it: according to FSD's Ken Daniels nad Mickey Redmond, Danny DeKeyser didn't play after the Ducks' 4-2 goal in the 3rd period. Wasn't on the bench.