• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCQF Game 2 GDT - Red Wings 5 @ Ducks 4 OT (Series tied, 1-1)

Rate this topic

Kronwall has been awful. He just can't seem to handle the puck at all. I've never seen a player "regress" as much as he has this past year. Can't settles the puck....horrible passes...can keep the puck in while on the PP...and he keeps getting beat by guys with speed.

Welp. Just left the Honda center. My voice is shot. My review, they looked better. Took advantage of the ducks mistakes early on and have themselves a nice lead. Jimmy definitely didn't play his best game. But the team looked good. Still could be better, definitely gotta work on exiting their own zone. The passes were there for the most part and Pavel played one hell of a defensive game, he had some pretty big hits too that I was jumping out of my seat for. My dad and my cousin were with me. As well as two other wings fans next to us, but other than that we were surrounded by orange. I was about to have a heart attack by the time the third period expired I knew they had to make something happen on hat power play at the start of OT. If the ducks had killed off that penalty then I think the wings would've been in trouble. But as soon as I saw Goose move in and I saw the net fly back after he released the shot I was screaming like a school girl hugging my new drunken friends next to us and jumping like a lunatic. Honestly the most fun I've ever had at a hockey game. Definitely a night ill never forget. If they can carry this momentum over into hockey town for the next few games then I think they can put the ducks away. Now I begin my three hour drive back home and get to wake up for work in the morning. But I wouldn't trade a single second. Now I understand those "because it's the cup" commercials there's nothing like watching a playoff hockey game live. No other sport compares to it

Kronwall has been awful. He just can't seem to handle the puck at all. I've never seen a player "regress" as much as he has this past year. Can't settles the puck....horrible passes...can keep the puck in while on the PP...and he keeps getting beat by guys with speed.

ya he was weak on Getzlaf which lead to the 4-2 goal and gave the Ducks life

not physical enough and gave him too much space to come out and shoot hopefully he responds next game

I don't think he's regressed necessarily, he's just the #1 guy now so he's getting tougher matchups and being asked to do more.

Welp. Just left the Honda center. My voice is shot. My review, they looked better. Took advantage of the ducks mistakes early on and have themselves a nice lead. Jimmy definitely didn't play his best game. But the team looked good. Still could be better, definitely gotta work on exiting their own zone. The passes were there for the most part and Pavel played one hell of a defensive game, he had some pretty big hits too that I was jumping out of my seat for. My dad and my cousin were with me. As well as two other wings fans next to us, but other than that we were surrounded by orange. I was about to have a heart attack by the time the third period expired I knew they had to make something happen on hat power play at the start of OT. If the ducks had killed off that penalty then I think the wings would've been in trouble. But as soon as I saw Goose move in and I saw the net fly back after he released the shot I was screaming like a school girl hugging my new drunken friends next to us and jumping like a lunatic. Honestly the most fun I've ever had at a hockey game. Definitely a night ill never forget. If they can carry this momentum over into hockey town for the next few games then I think they can put the ducks away. Now I begin my three hour drive back home and get to wake up for work in the morning. But I wouldn't trade a single second. Now I understand those "because it's the cup" commercials there's nothing like watching a playoff hockey game live. No other sport compares to it

How were the Ducks fans around you?

How were the Ducks fans around you?

Not bad surprisingly. Way better than the last time I visited that place. The guy sitting next to us was really cool and he was just happy to see a good game overall. No d bags this time Edited by Mike J.

Can't wait for this team to shift back to Detroit! At times it sounded like a golf tournament at Honda center

This game reminded me of a playoff game I went to.

Game 4 2011 wcqf against the sharks. Their backs were against the wall down 3-0 in the series. They came out flying and went up 3-0 in the first, but then they let the sharks back and eventually it was 3-3. The crowd was absolutely electric the entire game, and jimmy Howard even gave props to the crowd in a post game interview. When helm scored the winner with a couple minutes left, i reacted just how you described. (Wasn't drunk though, I was 16 at the time)

Think I picked a good game to sleep through....I daren't even begin to go back and read the pages where we're blowing a 4-1 lead....

Good news - Jimmeh let in some poor goals and we still won. Going back to the Joe tied at 1 we gotta be happy.

Poor Dekeyser, a simple injury like that would be frustrating to deal with. Good to get the W, nice to see Gus get rewarded n' beauty reaction of is winner too. Even though we came close to having a heartbreaker, we got the win and now wings just have to keep hold of this series which means dominate at home.

First Red Wings playoff overtime winner since Helm's 2009 game 5 winner vs. Chicago...

it would be nice after some bad news like Dekeyser to get news of Helms return. Especially when thinking about that OT winner, what a moment

Good win, but Jimmy and especially Smith need to be better, especially with Dekeyser out now. Smith was the result of 2 goals tonight.

I don't know what Smith is doing on the PK...

Kronwall, Ericsson, Dekeyser, Quincey, Kindl are all better choices on the PK. Now with Dekeyser out Cola/Lashoff are also better PKers than Smith.

I said it in the GDT earlier tonight: Nyquist is hungry.

Tears up the AHL, then struggles to light the lamp on The BIg Stage. Can't imagine it's been sitting well with him - which makes this goal that much sweeter.

I was hoping so bad that he would get his 1st career playoff goal out of the way and for it to be a GWG in OT is as you stated, so sweet! He was hustling so hard all game and that's exactly what we've been missing the past 4 years is the young legs to compliment the experience. Goose deserved that goal.

I love how's it Howard's fault for the team falling apart in front of him. I don't think we touched the puck more than a couple times in like 12 minutes. Howard is a part of the blame, but no one should single him out. It's not like he let in a Carey price type goal tonight.

This right here. Sure, he didn't play a strong game, but the team in front of him was a let down in the 3rd as well. I look at it as a total team breakdown in the 3rd, and you can't have periods like that and win games consistently. The Ducks played like ass in the 1st period and thats why Bruce called his time out with the Wings dominating 2-0 early in the 1st. It wasn't Hiller's fault for allowing 2 goals in that situation either.

Going back to the Joe tied at 1 we gotta be happy.

Pretty much.

We wanted a split. And, which game would you rather take? The first one, or the one that might give you some serious momentum going back to the Joe for the next two games?

Boudreau seemed really down. I'm hoping that third period rush actually backfires on them.