• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCQF Game 2 GDT - Red Wings 5 @ Ducks 4 OT (Series tied, 1-1)

Rate this topic

Yes I'd like to point out that the Getzlaf (leadership!!!!) and Perry line was on the ice when Flip and Goose got power up and won the game.

It was also poetic justice that sourey was in the box. He got away with what probably should have been a major when he hit Abby near the end of the second

I find it hilarious on the nhl.com for the recap of the game, Anawhine fans are all calling DETROIT players a bunch of floppers and divers, and they only won cause of the refs, and we are the ref wings lmao... Their fans are just as classy as their players

Guest The Axe

I find it hilarious on the nhl.com for the recap of the game, Anawhine fans are all calling DETROIT players a bunch of floppers and divers, and they only won cause of the refs, and we are the ref wings lmao... Their fans are just as classy as their players

Ha. Someone needs to kick Getzlaf's ass before this ends. He's annoying.

Ha. Someone needs to kick Getzlaf's ass before this ends. He's annoying.

Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne, Koivu, Boudreau. Give them a good clean up

can someone post that temper tantrum gif please I can't find it anywhere on google

These west coasts starts are killing me. Eastern Conference move, ftw.

Glad to see that Nyquist not only got that 1st playoff goal out of the way, but he also escaped the celebration intact!

I have confidence in Howard. The entire team coughed up a hairball in the 3rd. Still, I have to admit . . . I'm going to have my fingers crossed in game 3.

I'm really happy for this guy:

damien-brunner.jpg?w=600&h=400

Brunner!!! Hell of a game for him last night! He was flying, carrying the puck, and making smart good plays. Looked very confident. Love our third line! Just wish Tatar could be put in somewhere Edited by Flipper51

Guest The Axe

Brunner!!! Hell of a game for him last night! He was flying, carrying the puck, and making smart good plays. Looked very confident. Love our third line! Just wish Tatar could be put in somewhere

Next year.

it was absolute 'holly s***' game at honda last night!

terrific red wings crowd, countless 'lets go red wings' and 'refs you suck' chants - we lost our voices. :D

I saw at least two octopis thrown on the ice...

the last 10 minutes of 3rd, it was heart pounding and hand trembling that didn't stop during 3rd intermission.

I was jumping like crazy when Gus scored this beauty!!

GO WINGS (in 5)!!

Howard has to be better if we wanna win this series. The defense is going to give up those chances, and some of those goals were soft even if the defense did leave him out to dry. Hes a 5mil goalie, and a huge part of the team. Time to show it.

Brunner!!! Hell of a game for him last night! He was flying, carrying the puck, and making smart good plays. Looked very confident. Love our third line! Just wish Tatar could be put in somewhere

Agreed. He really impressed me last night.

Gotta wonder - what happens if he lifts that puck behind the net and scores lacrosse-style? We probably win, blow-out-style.

Howard has to be better if we wanna win this series. The defense is going to give up those chances, and some of those goals were soft even if the defense did leave him out to dry. Hes a 5mil goalie, and a huge part of the team. Time to show it.

It's true. Edited by Dabura

I said it in the GDT earlier tonight: Nyquist is hungry.

Tears up the AHL, then struggles to light the lamp on The BIg Stage. Can't imagine it's been sitting well with him - which makes this goal that much sweeter.

Honestly if he struggled as a first time NHLer then so did Datsyuk.

Datsyuk had 14 points in his first 40 games, Nyquist had 13 in his first 40 games. Datsyuk was 23 btw for all of those games, Nyquist was 22 for half of them. People that wrote off Nyquist because he didn't put up Calder numbers needs to realize he wasn't playing 16 minutes a game like Zetterberg did his rookie year. Nyquist is producing for the minutes he's playing, if we played him as much as Rangers play Hagelin he would be just as effective. Nyquist played 8 minutes and 45 seconds last night. I mean come on.

Edited by Carman

Honestly if he struggled as a first time NHLer then so did Datsyuk.

Datsyuk had 14 points in his first 40 games, Nyquist had 13 in his first 40 games. Datsyuk was 23 btw for all of those games, Nyquist was 22 for half of them. People that wrote off Nyquist because he didn't put up Calder numbers needs to realize he wasn't playing 16 minutes a game like Zetterberg did his rookie year. Nyquist is producing for the minutes he's playing, if we played him as much as Rangers play Hagelin he would be just as effective. Nyquist played 8 minutes and 45 seconds last night. I mean come on.

and scored the gwg, Brunner got 11:38 and registered 3 points

Now that was something last night. My heart was pounding like crazy. I'm just glad that Gus scored early in ot!!! Have to play a full 60 next game.. Sucks about DD being out for the rest of the playoffs though

Agrred. He really impressed me last night.

Gotta wonder - what happens if he lifts that puck behind the net and scores lacrosse-style? We probably win, blow-out-style.

Ya I know that the lacrosse move didn't work, but him attempting that is a sign. Shows he feels confident and isn't playing timid or basic

Agrred. He really impressed me last night.

It's true.

He was dumb for even attempting the Michigan move during a playoff game. I cringe when I see players try it during the regular season. During the playoffs, I could just see Babcock cringing hard. Showing confidence? Maybe, but in reality, it was dumb to even attempt. Just dish the puck and get it moving.

**edit** for the uneducated: this is why it's the "Michigan move" and certainly never should be called the "Crosby"

Edited by evilzyme