Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

WCQF Game 2 GDT - Red Wings 5 @ Ducks 4 OT (Series tied, 1-1)

• Please log in to reply
1156 replies to this topic

#1101 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

wait, I missed something here when did dk break his thumb? this is very bad for us... this news makes me question our ability to go deep in the playoffs, hopefully colo can step up big time, but with how physical a team anaheim is, I don't know how long before he gets injured again

#1102 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

We need to pair someone with Kronwall who can handle the puck around and do the offensive bit.  Leave Kronwall to skate around the ice and look for someone to Kronwall into next week.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#1103 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:53 AM

Kronwall has been awful. He just can't seem to handle the puck at all. I've never seen a player "regress" as much as he has this past year. Can't settles the puck....horrible passes...can keep the puck in while on the PP...and he keeps getting beat by guys with speed.

#1104 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

Welp. Just left the Honda center. My voice is shot. My review, they looked better. Took advantage of the ducks mistakes early on and have themselves a nice lead. Jimmy definitely didn't play his best game. But the team looked good. Still could be better, definitely gotta work on exiting their own zone. The passes were there for the most part and Pavel played one hell of a defensive game, he had some pretty big hits too that I was jumping out of my seat for. My dad and my cousin were with me. As well as two other wings fans next to us, but other than that we were surrounded by orange. I was about to have a heart attack by the time the third period expired I knew they had to make something happen on hat power play at the start of OT. If the ducks had killed off that penalty then I think the wings would've been in trouble. But as soon as I saw Goose move in and I saw the net fly back after he released the shot I was screaming like a school girl hugging my new drunken friends next to us and jumping like a lunatic. Honestly the most fun I've ever had at a hockey game. Definitely a night ill never forget. If they can carry this momentum over into hockey town for the next few games then I think they can put the ducks away. Now I begin my three hour drive back home and get to wake up for work in the morning. But I wouldn't trade a single second. Now I understand those "because it's the cup" commercials there's nothing like watching a playoff hockey game live. No other sport compares to it

#1105 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

Such a sick move by Flip.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1106 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

Kronwall has been awful. He just can't seem to handle the puck at all. I've never seen a player "regress" as much as he has this past year. Can't settles the puck....horrible passes...can keep the puck in while on the PP...and he keeps getting beat by guys with speed.

ya he was weak on Getzlaf which lead to the 4-2 goal and gave the Ducks life

not physical enough and gave him too much space to come out and shoot hopefully he responds next game

#1107 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

ya he was weak on Getzlaf which lead to the 4-2 goal and gave the Ducks life

Wasn't that DeKeyser?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1108 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,870 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

I don't think he's regressed necessarily, he's just the #1 guy now so he's getting tougher matchups and being asked to do more.

#1109 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

Wasn't that DeKeyser?

Yep.

#1110 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:04 AM

Wasn't that DeKeyser?

you are correct just watched it again the commentator also said Kronwall and he was on the ice so i went with it

#1111 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

Welp. Just left the Honda center. My voice is shot. My review, they looked better. Took advantage of the ducks mistakes early on and have themselves a nice lead. Jimmy definitely didn't play his best game. But the team looked good. Still could be better, definitely gotta work on exiting their own zone. The passes were there for the most part and Pavel played one hell of a defensive game, he had some pretty big hits too that I was jumping out of my seat for. My dad and my cousin were with me. As well as two other wings fans next to us, but other than that we were surrounded by orange. I was about to have a heart attack by the time the third period expired I knew they had to make something happen on hat power play at the start of OT. If the ducks had killed off that penalty then I think the wings would've been in trouble. But as soon as I saw Goose move in and I saw the net fly back after he released the shot I was screaming like a school girl hugging my new drunken friends next to us and jumping like a lunatic. Honestly the most fun I've ever had at a hockey game. Definitely a night ill never forget. If they can carry this momentum over into hockey town for the next few games then I think they can put the ducks away. Now I begin my three hour drive back home and get to wake up for work in the morning. But I wouldn't trade a single second. Now I understand those "because it's the cup" commercials there's nothing like watching a playoff hockey game live. No other sport compares to it

How were the Ducks fans around you? 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#1112 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:12 AM

How were the Ducks fans around you? 

Not bad surprisingly. Way better than the last time I visited that place. The guy sitting next to us was really cool and he was just happy to see a good game overall. No d bags this time

Edited by Mike J., 03 May 2013 - 01:13 AM.

#1113 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

I said it in the GDT earlier tonight: Nyquist is hungry.

Tears up the AHL, then struggles to light the lamp on The BIg Stage. Can't imagine it's been sitting well with him - which makes this goal that much sweeter.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1114 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

Can't wait for this team to shift back to Detroit! At times it sounded like a golf tournament at Honda center

This game reminded me of a playoff game I went to.
Game 4 2011 wcqf against the sharks. Their backs were against the wall down 3-0 in the series. They came out flying and went up 3-0 in the first, but then they let the sharks back and eventually it was 3-3. The crowd was absolutely electric the entire game, and jimmy Howard even gave props to the crowd in a post game interview. When helm scored the winner with a couple minutes left, i reacted just how you described. (Wasn't drunk though, I was 16 at the time)

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#1115 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

First Red Wings playoff overtime winner since Helm's 2009 game 5 winner vs. Chicago...

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#1116 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

Think I picked a good game to sleep through....I daren't even begin to go back and read the pages where we're blowing a 4-1 lead....

Good news - Jimmeh let in some poor goals and we still won.  Going back to the Joe tied at 1 we gotta be happy.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#1117 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:17 AM

Good win, but Jimmy and especially Smith need to be better, especially with Dekeyser out now. Smith was the result of 2 goals tonight.

#1118 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

Poor Dekeyser, a simple injury like that would be frustrating to deal with. Good to get the W, nice to see Gus get rewarded n' beauty reaction of is winner too. Even though we came close to having a heartbreaker, we got the win and now wings just have to keep hold of this series which means dominate at home. 

First Red Wings playoff overtime winner since Helm's 2009 game 5 winner vs. Chicago...

it would be nice after some bad news like Dekeyser to get news of Helms return. Especially when thinking about that OT winner, what a moment

#1119 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:09 AM

Hey! Theres a 1 up there!  Me likey

I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#1120 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip